M/S Kong Harald - Midnight Sun Cruise Review

hallasm

• 1 month later...

Hallasm,

This thread is ideal for my interests and very informative. I have done one Princess cruise and I have some more planned. Having seen a quick notice of "Sponsored by Hurtigruten" on a program called "New Scandinavian Cooking" I became intrigued by the offerings of this line.

So, many thanks for this information.

Also one of my ancestors is a 19th-Century Swedish Sea Captain.

As a huge fan of ice cream I wondered what you meant when you said you didn't notice the price of ice cream. For me it could mean that I would not care about the price of ice cream, and just point at the bowl and discretely tell the waiter, "Keep it full, if you please" Or it could mean that you didn't order any and by chance you never saw the price.

It seems like Hurtigruten is the "Polar Opposite"--pardon the pun--of another line I read a little about, called Seabourn.

Hallasm,

This thread is ideal for my interests and very informative. I have done one Princess cruise and I have some more planned. Having seen a quick notice of "Sponsored by Hurtigruten" on a program called "New Scandinavian Cooking" I became intrigued by the offerings of this line.

I have previously done a Royal Caribbean Norwegian fjords cruise and now the Hurtigruten tour - two different worlds - Hurtigruten ships are working ships and does have 35 mostly short stops along the coast. I'll rather call it an expedition ship rather than a cruise ship. I only did 3 nights - 6 nights one way would be OK for me - the full 11 nights will definitely be too much of the same.

As a huge fan of ice cream I wondered what you meant when you said you didn't notice the price of ice cream. For me it could mean that I would not care about the price of ice cream, and just point at the bowl and discretely tell the waiter, "Keep it full, if you please" Or it could mean that you didn't order any and by chance you never saw the price.

Sorry - I'm not english speaking, so do not alway get all the details correct. I ment that I did not buy ice-cream and did,'t see the price.

I have previously done a Royal Caribbean Norwegian fjords cruise and now the Hurtigruten tour - two different worlds - Hurtigruten ships are working ships and does have 35 mostly short stops along the coast. I'll rather call it an expedition ship rather than a cruise ship. I only did 3 nights - 6 nights one way would be OK for me - the full 11 nights will definitely be too much of the same.

Sorry - I'm not english speaking, so do not alway get all the details correct. I ment that I did not buy ice-cream and did,'t see the price.

I find your English writing easy to read. I read some of your blog writing after finding this thread, and it has been interesting so far. I love the historic aspects, such as the history of Fredriksted in USVI, and the Spice Route cruise from Singapore to Barcelona. In the days of Alexander the Great for example there was commerce along most of that route, just more difficult and time-consuming and most of the time things didn't go the whole route.