Azura has restored our faith

janny444

Hi....just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Azura after a 4 year "absence" from P&O. Our last cruise with P&O on the Ventura four years ago left an awful lot to be desired in many respects...food/miserable surly staff/incompetent entertainment team etc ...so much so that we didn't feel like cruising with again with P&O but time has moved on and decided to give them another go. We are so pleased that we have...P&O have really "pulled their socks up"....we have had a wonderful cruise with them and have already booked again. The difference in standards was remarkable. The captain was great and I think a lot of the attitude reflects down from him but well done to everyone and thank you for restoring my faith in P&O

Hi....just returned from a 7 night cruise on the Azura after a 4 year "absence" from P&O. Our last cruise with P&O on the Ventura four years ago left an awful lot to be desired in many respects...food/miserable surly staff/incompetent entertainment team etc ...so much so that we didn't feel like cruising with again with P&O but time has moved on and decided to give them another go. We are so pleased that we have...P&O have really "pulled their socks up"....we have had a wonderful cruise with them and have already booked again. The difference in standards was remarkable. The captain was great and I think a lot of the attitude reflects down from him but well done to everyone and thank you for restoring my faith in P&O

We felt exactly the same about Azura when we sailed on her this year. I felt after some other recent cruises that things were sliding, but Azura seems to be setting the standard! I'm on Britannia in two weeks and hoping for a similar great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We felt exactly the same about Azura when we sailed on her this year. I felt after some other recent cruises that things were sliding, but Azura seems to be setting the standard! I'm on Britannia in two weeks and hoping for a similar great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi...hope you find Britannia the same high standard as set by Azura. We have already booked again on Azura and are considering returning to the Ventura in 2019 in the hope that it has attained the same standard as Azura.

Hi...hope you find Britannia the same high standard as set by Azura. We have already booked again on Azura and are considering returning to the Ventura in 2019 in the hope that it has attained the same standard as Azura.

We were also impressed with Azura in August, the standard of service on board had to be the best that we have seen in several years. We had considered cancelling Oriana in June and Azura in August because a cruise on Ventura was so bad in March. We have booked Azura again for April next year and are looking at cruises on Oceana and Oriana for summer and autumn next year. We feel that Ventura is letting the fleet down.

That all sounds really positive, we were looking at Azura for one of our cruises next year so it's great to hear positive feedback.

I must admit that I do think that things on P&O had gone down hill a bit but on our most recent cruise on Brittania a couple of months ago they were better. The food in the main dining room in particular had improved (the buffet had not) and the select dining venues were all excellent. The bar service was also more efficient.

We were also impressed with Azura in August, the standard of service on board had to be the best that we have seen in several years. We had considered cancelling Oriana in June and Azura in August because a cruise on Ventura was so bad in March. We have booked Azura again for April next year and are looking at cruises on Oceana and Oriana for summer and autumn next year. We feel that Ventura is letting the fleet down.

I'm on Ventura in ~50 weeks, so I don't like to read comments like this. I've had nothing but pleasant experiences on P&O aboard Aurora and Arcadia. I'm hoping to have the same on Ventura.

I'm on Ventura in ~50 weeks, so I don't like to read comments like this. I've had nothing but pleasant experiences on P&O aboard Aurora and Arcadia. I'm hoping to have the same on Ventura.

I have sailed both Azura and the Ventura a few times now and have enjoyed all of my cruises on both ships.

The Ventura is due a refurbishment in March 2018 so should be looking even better when you board her.

Some people do not like either ship as they simply find them personally too large for their liking.

If you find that you like the Ventura and you ever fancy Azura then you would find your way around very easy

as they are almost the same in layout .

If I had the chance to sail on either ship again I would .

Which ship would I prefer ? That would be the Azura but if asked why ? I could not give you a reason to my choice .

Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Ventura .

I have sailed both Azura and the Ventura a few times now and have enjoyed all of my cruises on both ships.

The Ventura is due a refurbishment in March 2018 so should be looking even better when you board her.

Some people do not like either ship as they simply find them personally too large for their liking.

If you find that you like the Ventura and you ever fancy Azura then you would find your way around very easy

as they are almost the same in layout .

If I had the chance to sail on either ship again I would .

Which ship would I prefer ? That would be the Azura but if asked why ? I could not give you a reason to my choice .

Hope you enjoy your cruise on the Ventura .

Thanks for the reassuring words.