Pirate's Quick Vista Review Sept 3-13, 2017

pirate4me2

Hello everyone,

I usually do in depth photo reviews of my cruises, but due to the fact that I did a review of Vista on this same itinerary earlier this year and the death of my dog a few days ago, I cannot bring myself to put forth the energy required to do one for my recent sailing. I figured I would do a quick highlight of my recent cruise, and I promise that when I sail on Sunshine next month I will do an in depth review! So here we go:

Room:

We stayed in 5240, a Havana balcony room. Great location, loved the Havana area, and our room steward Lani was great. The only downfall to this room was the fact that it is close to the Havana bar (backs right up to it) and when the band fired up you could hear the music inside our room.

Staff:

Every one of the staff and crew we met onboard were super friendly and went out of their way to help us any way they could. Matt is by far one of the best CDs we have had, very friendly and seen everywhere around the ship! He knows how to get a party going. The Guest Services staff were incredible when Hurricane Irma added extra days to our cruise and we had to make phone calls home to arrange pet sitters and let our work know we wouldn't be in Monday as planned. Ronald from Peru in the MDR was a FANTASTIC waiter! The crew really was on top of it this cruise.

Entertainment:

Vista has some great entertainment onboard. The shows we saw (America Rocks and Studio VIP) were great, although the Liquid Lounge really does have a terrible layout. Dolce the string trio that played in the atrium were amazing, I loved listening to them when they played! We also kept ourselves busy with mini golf and water slides.

Food:

The food was always served hot, and most everything we tried was great! I discovered new favorites this cruise: chilled avocado soup, Antillean chicken, buffalo chicken sandwich from the deli, roasted broccoli salad, and hazelnut mousse are some of the standouts.

Excursions:

Our excursion in Ocho Rios was the ATV adventure, which was a lot of fun and worth the cost.

7 Mile Beach Waverunner in Grand Cayman was our favorite of this trip, and possibly my favorite excursion ever on a cruise! It was amazing and SO MUCH FUN!

Underground River in Cozumel was beautiful and fun, but probably the least favorite of this cruise. It was a good excursion, just not as action packed as the first two. :)

Carnival handled Hurricane Irma's disruptions to our itinerary well, we always felt safe and informed as to what was happening. The 4 extra days onboard were a treat, and they planned lots of activities to keep us entertained. They opened up the phone lines in our staterooms to make calls, and the internet was opened up on Saturday, although so many people used it that it was worthless.

If anybody has any specific questions about the Vista or itinerary, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer. I love doing in depth reviews, but I just can't bring myself to do one with recent events and planning for my cruise in 3 weeks. Vista is a great ship, especially the Havana area, and anybody with an upcoming cruise on her should be excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi all!

pirate ~ nice to see you doing any review under the circumstances. Always hard to lose a fur baby.

Do you remember who the assistant CD was by any chance? Matt is a terrific CD for sure.

Glad you had a good time even though the cruise was longer than you booked & that they took good care of you avoiding the hurricane.

Looking forward to your Sunshine cruise report.

~ Jo ~ :)