Moving cabins

Lrobinson020

were booked on a select fare on the Britannia. We booked mid ship on f deck. We have unsuccessfully tried to move cruises however we are now sticking with this cruise. We originally had a balcony on FDeck, but looking at photos these seem to be obstructed by the top of lifeboats and the mechanisms. We want to move cabins but unfortunately as we need a sofa bed our only option is to either downgrade or upgrade. If we upgrade will we need to pay the difference based on the prices when we booked or the prices now. The website just says at the same promotion as when we booked, does this just mean same price or would we get today's price? We sail next April. Thanks

Generally you have to pay the price at the rate it was the day you booked the cruise. You can upgrade but according to the FAQs you can't downgrade.

People have also reported that they have been charged an alteration/ administration fee, however not everyone seems to be charged. Others may know why some are and some are not and there is some information on the FAQ page as well.

Even if you end up in the cabin you have you will still get fresh air and a bit of a view. If you do decide to change avoid acf cabins on Brittania as they have a soot issue.

Have a lovely cruise.

We were aft port side just a few cabins from the back so that is all I can personally speak about with any absolute knowledge and soot was an issue there. To an extent I believe it depends on the direction of the wind as some days we were fine and other days the balcony was sooty.

Put the word soot in the search function on here and you will see the other cabins pax have stayed in that were affected.

Personally I would go for mid ships or forward if I went back on Brittania, which I would as we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday in spite of the soot annoyance.

Thanks just spoke with p&o (finally) appears we can't downgrade even though we weren't expecting a refund and we would have to pay the price for an upgrade set at the date we booked. Slightly annoying as now the suppiir deluxe is only a few hundred pounds more than our balcony! (Glad we didn't wait though as they are full for 5-8 year olds!) so staying with our midshi F deck (although as we are going through bay of biscay might be a good job - stop an overdose of kwells maybe). Thanks for your help.p&o been a bit of a nightmare tbh! Should have stuck with RCI!

Yes P&O are a lot less flexible and customer friendly on shore than RCI are.

The upside is that the staff onboard are almost always more pleasant, friendly and accommodating than those on shore side.

I have to say that shore side phone staff have always been very friendly and accommodating when I have spoken to them, either when booking cruises or even changing cruises because dates become inconvenient. This is one reason why I book directly with P&O rather than using an agent.

Hi....I have just upgraded our cabin today for our next up & coming cruise. My enquiry was dealt with in a very friendly & helpful way and yes it is the price at the time of original booking plus we received the extra OBC that was on offer at the time of booking for higher grades.

I sometimes book direct with P&O and sometimes direct with a TA . Today I have booked through a TA because in addition to the 5% past passenger we also received a further 5% off.

The Obstructed Balconies on Britannia are located on "G" deck (one deck lower) not "F" deck above. Are you still located on "F" deck as these are the lowest height of balcony cabin you can get on Britannia which are not obstructed. This is good for sea swell and movement if you are sensitive to this, similarly if you are still mid-ships this adds to the stability. So a well placed cabin, and concern on cabin position is not warranted regarding sea conditions or scenic view if you are mid-ship "F" deck.

Regards John