Captain. Morgan. Shore excursion

otto2

• 1 month later...

It's a complete waste of time, they basically sit you in a big room to watch a long commercial before they drive you around in a big golf cart. Then you get 2 drinks at the bar and buy crap you don't need at the gift shop.

Go to Cruzan, they actually walk you through the plant and explain everything to you. At the end you can drink pretty much whatever you want.

Enjoy!

It's a complete waste of time, they basically sit you in a big room to watch a long commercial before they drive you around in a big golf cart. Then you get 2 drinks at the bar and buy crap you don't need at the gift shop.

Go to Cruzan, they actually walk you through the plant and explain everything to you. At the end you can drink pretty much whatever you want.

Enjoy!

Is that part of the excursion worthwhile.. or are they fairly standard fare..and how would you recommend getting there?

Which part are you referring to? Grab a taxi van, it'll be pretty cheap.

sorry, I put it in my title and then did not carry that down to the actual text part.. The excursion also includes a visit to The St George Village Botanical Garden, are the gardens worth a visit. or should I stick to a walking historical tour? Again thanks for input and quick responses. We will be there in april, on the 12th.

Oh I love the gardens! They are a beautiful part of our island presented with a nice historical angle. I think you'll enjoy it! I presume this whole tour is booked through the cruise line, where else are they taking you?

They take you to the gardens and the Captain Morgan deal..that's pretty much it. Too bad it isn't a better combo, the excursion (as is the norm with Ship's excursions) is a bit pricey as well. I think I will stick to the historical walking tour with CHANT, and lunch as you recommended near the pier.

They take you to the gardens and the Captain Morgan deal..that's pretty much it. Too bad it isn't a better combo, the excursion (as is the norm with Ship's excursions) is a bit pricey as well. I think I will stick to the historical walking tour with CHANT, and lunch as you recommended near the pier.

If you haven't already paid for it I say screw that excursion. :) Grab a taxi to the gardens and explore them if you like, walk around town with CHANT, grab some lunch from Jodie, and relax on the beach. Not necessarily in that order but you get the idea.