How to cancel a cruise and get my deposit refund

dinoman

I made my booking on the NCL website and paid a deposit using my credit card for a Sept 2012 cruise, and now I need to cancel it. My final payment is not due until July 2012 so I am qualified to get a full refund of my deposit. I've checked the NCL website and they said that all refund requests have to submit in writing, but I couldn't find where and who to write to. Can someone pls advise? Do they change any handling fee for cancellation?

I made my booking on the NCL website and paid a deposit using my credit card for a Sept 2012 cruise, and now I need to cancel it. My final payment is not due until July 2012 so I am qualified to get a full refund of my deposit. I've checked the NCL website and they said that all refund requests have to submit in writing, but I couldn't find where and who to write to. Can someone pls advise? Do they change any handling fee for cancellation?

Just call them via the 800 number. There is an address via their "contact us" link, but wouldn't a phone call to NCL be the most time-efficient and accurate way to get your information on a refund since you booked through them?

Try this: Customer Relations

Norwegian Cruise Lone

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, Florida 33126

Suggestion: Sent the letter "Return Receipt Requested" and keep a copy of the letter.

A phone call to NCL's toll free reservations number, 866.234.7350 will suffice. They'll ask you a couple of questions to verify your identity and as long as they are satisfied that you're the person who made the reservation, they won't require anything in writing.

When I had to do this I first phoned the TA I had booked with.

They said an email was ok. This was the way I did it.

No reason to think that if you had booked with cruise line direct it would be any different

Good luck Joan :)

• 2 months later...

Perhaps it's a bit late but I just want to tell you that I made a phone call to NCL asking for a refund and they did in an efficient manner, no question asked (they did ask if I wish to transfer my deposit to another cruise), and a week later I've got my refund credited to my credit card. Thanks everyone for your advices.

Archived