Pizza!!!

graygirl

Princess pizza is a traditional, new York style, thin crust. Very good. Carnival is similar to the new trendy style pizza made at places like Pieology. Also good.

I've had both Princess and Carnival's new style pizza and I agree with you completely.

Apple Valley, home of the late great Victor Buono. A man who would have liked any pizza served on a cruise ship.

VictorBuono.jpg

VictorBuono.jpg

Princess pizza is a traditional, new York style, thin crust. Very good. Carnival is similar to the new trendy style pizza made at places like Pieology. Also good.
Since Pieology is new, they must have stolen the recipe from Carnival, who have been serving it for several years. Carnival should sue them. :D

I've had both Princess and Carnival's new style pizza and I agree with you completely.
I was looking at a rating of cruise line pizza yesterday and Princess came in at #1. If I remember correctly, Silversea and Disney each claimed one of the spots at #2 and #3. Carnival claimed the #4 spot... pretty impressive... ahead of MSC, an Italian line, who didn't make the top 5. Of course, how they determined the rankings wasn't mentioned. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly do a side by side comparison. Prolly meaningless.

Since Neapolitan pizza pre-dates NY pizza, and is where pizza originated, it is the Carnival pizza that is traditional and original, not the Princess pizza. There is nothing trendy about Neapolitan pizza - it has stood the test of time much longer than NY style.

I think we're just seeing an increased appreciation for original, traditional Italian pizza - and while Carnival food is generally substandard, they get the Steakhouse and pizza right.

Since Neapolitan pizza pre-dates NY pizza, and is where pizza originated, it is the Carnival pizza that is traditional and original, not the Princess pizza. There is nothing trendy about Neapolitan pizza - it has stood the test of time much longer than NY style.

I think we're just seeing an increased appreciation for original, traditional Italian pizza - and while Carnival food is generally substandard, they get the Steakhouse and pizza right.

I am Towel Critter and I approve this message. :)

Very thin and soft where the cheese is, crispy around the edges. I compare it to a cracker. It's super yummy and I can't wait to have more. Is it the best in the world? Nope. Is it good? Yep. Best part is I can get it 24 hours a day with no extra money out of my pocket. I am a Chicago style pizza girl through and through since I'm originally from the Midwest, but for thin crust, it's delish.

ba87532ec5d87feed2f3cbb46cb5488c.jpg

41a64e559d00bcd3ca886cea25c17320.jpg

Thanks for posting the pictures it looks delicious

Agree on both. Carnival Steakhouse is worth every penny. Wish they had an age limit of at least six years old, and I know I will get flamed. One evening with wild toddlers, which no one makes an attempt to corral, or crying baby ruins a special moment for old and young romantics and good friends. Pizza on Carnival is the best. And I have been on Princess enough to be Platinum. I love Princess. But their Pizza, imho, is NOT number one. I do like their hard taco shells and goodies to make them on their lunch buffet.

NO ONE has mentioned the melt in your mouth chocolate cookies which fly away from the LIDO buffet. Best cookies ever. Carnival. MY husband and I always sneak up there and eat them. Often they are lunch. With a plate of the cubed fruit and cheese that I love too. Who is getting Hungary? ME.

Who ever starts these interesting and funny threads......

Cappuccino Pie? I still mourn it not being there.............

One about the great desserts on Carnival that seem to have vanished?

I loved this thread. I read every post.

NO ONE has mentioned the melt in your mouth chocolate cookies which fly away from the LIDO buffet. Best cookies ever. Carnival. MY husband and I always sneak up there and eat them. Often they are lunch. With a plate of the cubed fruit and cheese that I love too. Who is getting Hungary? ME.

To be fair the title and subject of this thread is Pizza.

I was looking at a rating of cruise line pizza yesterday and Princess came in at #1. If I remember correctly, Silversea and Disney each claimed one of the spots at #2 and #3. Carnival claimed the #4 spot... pretty impressive... ahead of MSC, an Italian line, who didn't make the top 5. Of course, how they determined the rankings wasn't mentioned. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly do a side by side comparison. Prolly meaningless.
Anyone who rates dcl pizza above other lines (other than Royal) has been seriously snorting too much pixie dust. That stuff is cardboard and no better than cheap frozen pizza.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Anyone who rates dcl pizza above other lines (other than Royal) has been seriously snorting too much pixie dust. That stuff is cardboard and no better than cheap frozen pizza.

So Royal's pizza is THAT bad? It's been 16 years since I sailed with Royal. I can't remember if I even tried their pizza.

So Royal's pizza is THAT bad? It's been 16 years since I sailed with Royal. I can't remember if I even tried their pizza.
I would rather eat a toasted piece of wonder bread with ketchup and a processed cheese slice than another slice from Sorrento's on Royal.

• 8 months later...

When I was deciding on our upcoming cruise, I had it narrowed down to two bookings - one on Carnival's Magic and the other on RCCL's brand new (and massive) Harmony. I asked my family which they wanted, thinking my 19yo son would definitely pick Harmony, considering the activities on the ship. I was shocked when he said Carnival. When I asked him why, he said it was because the pizza was so much better on Carnival!

When I was deciding on our upcoming cruise, I had it narrowed down to two bookings - one on Carnival's Magic and the other on RCCL's brand new (and massive) Harmony. I asked my family which they wanted, thinking my 19yo son would definitely pick Harmony, considering the activities on the ship. I was shocked when he said Carnival. When I asked him why, he said it was because the pizza was so much better on Carnival!

Yep, pizza matters. I too am a big fan of the Carnival Pizza. We sailed on MSC, an Italian line, a few years ago and I thought their pizza would be great. It was okay, but Carnival's is better.