Escape Changing Itinerary for 8/19/17 Cruise

Amosmoses33

At Norwegian Cruise Line, the safety and security of our guests and crew is of the utmost importance. The company has been closely monitoring Tropical Storm Harvey and will be adjusting Norwegian Escape’s itinerary for the cruise departing on August 19, to ensure that our guests have the best vacation experience possible.

Norwegian Escape will now sail an Eastern Caribbean itinerary calling in St. Maarten on Tuesday from 8 am to 6 pm; St. Thomas, USVI on Wednesday from 7 am to 5 pm; and Nassau, Bahamas on Friday from 11 am to 7 pm.

My wife flew home from South America today and in the process flew over that storm. She said it as huge and that it was one of the roughest flights that she has ever been on. Probably a wise move by NCL.

I've done my share of hurricane cruising. I've spent extra days on a ship due to the MI river being closed. While we waited for the river to re-open we just spun around in circles chasing what little gap there was in the clouds for some sun. The other time was when Wilma was barreling down on Florida, the Star Princess sailed out and we had no clue where we were going... only that we left over 500 people at the airport and left early because if we didn't the pilot was going home to his family to get ready. We sailed out with nowhere to go because the Western Caribbean ports were mowed down. Wilma was turning and heading towards Florida and we ended up in Puerto Rico after two days and St. Thomas. When we came back to Florida, the utter destruction was insane.

Going to the Eastern Caribbean is a good call. The other disturbance in the Atlantic should be well north of those islands by the time the Escape arrives down there. Best of luck to all cruisers on this coming week's sailing!