Wine Package while Solo

mpoole3

I am a wine drinker and was thinking about doing the smallest (5 Bottle) wine package for my upcoming 7 day cruise. However, I am not sure I could finish 5 bottles!! I suppose I could share with new friends...

Has anyone ever done a wine package while cruising Solo?

Actually this last cruise was the first cruise in quite sometime that I didnt bring a case of wine with me. If you cruise out of Port Everglades you can pick up a case of wine at Total Wines, they will box it and tape it up for you. Bring it on the ship yourself or give the dude at Port Everglades $10 and everything gets to your cabin, no problemo.:)

Doing my first 14 day this Nov. gonna order a case ahead of time and pick it up on my way from the airport like I always do, your cab driver will let you out right out front and you can run in and pick up your wine. It's thee only way to go. Hope that helps Todd

Yes, I did! I shared with the table I was sitting at OR I had them bring it to me for the next day's lunch and/or dinner. I also took one of the bottles back to my cabin. Over 9 days I had no trouble getting through 5 bottles :)

I actually had that wine shop in FLL deliver wine and champagne to my hotel when we went on Princess because they let you bring it on if it's a celebration (who is NOT on a cruise). On RCI they don't let you bring it on at all, the most I have done is some fruit that marinated in brandy, vodka or rum in rum runners

I've not done a wine package, but I've probably drank 5 bottles :)

As to bringing wine on board different cruise lines have different policies. My last cruise was on Celebrity where one is allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom at embarkation, and none at other ports. Which cruise line lets you bring a case?

Princess will let you bring a case of wine with you, they also have no problem with picking up a bottle or two of wine in port either, not sure about liquor but champagne and wine, no problemo.

I've not done a wine package, but I've probably drank 5 bottles :)

As to bringing wine on board different cruise lines have different policies. My last cruise was on Celebrity where one is allowed to bring 2 bottles of wine per stateroom at embarkation, and none at other ports. Which cruise line lets you bring a case?

Ha I love it! Well my sailing is 7 nights and I really enjoy wine, so I figured I'd probably drink 3-4 bottles! I think I'll do the 5 bottle package and share with new friends! I am sure I can find SOMEONE to help me finish the bottle! :D:D

Archived