Oasis/ Allure compared to Norwegian Getaway?

Jj343434jj

Has anybody been on the Allure or Oasis and the Norwegian Getaway?

My fiance' and I are trying to figure out which we want to do our honeymoon on. We have been on Royal cruises and Norwegian cruises and loved them both the same.

If you have been on both the Oasis/Allure and Norwegian Getaway, which did you like better?

Has anybody been on the Allure or Oasis and the Norwegian Getaway?

My fiance' and I are trying to figure out which we want to do our honeymoon on. We have been on Royal cruises and Norwegian cruises and loved them both the same.

If you have been on both the Oasis/Allure and Norwegian Getaway, which did you like better?

Nope, nobody has. Sorry....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been on both the Allure and the Getaway. They both are very nice ships. We prefer the MDR on Allure, but we prefer the specialty restaurants on the Getaway. The drink package for around $100pp definitely tips the scales to NCL if all else is the same. Which ever one you choose, you will have a wonderful vacation!!

We have done the Oasis and the Getaway. I enjoyed both ships, but I would personally choose Oasis over Getaway. We spend a lot of our time at the pool and Getaway's pool area is small and cramped. Oasis has several pools so it felt much less crowded and just had a better layout. Getaway had a lot of great dining options, though. I guess you would just have to decide what is most important to you. Either way, you will have a great time!!

We have been on both the Allure and the Getaway. They both are very nice ships. We prefer the MDR on Allure, but we prefer the specialty restaurants on the Getaway. The drink package for around $100pp definitely tips the scales to NCL if all else is the same. Which ever one you choose, you will have a wonderful vacation!!

Thank you for the reply. The drink package included is what I think will be the deciding factor. This will be our Honeymoon and I'm sure we will like drinks. Besides, this will be our 6th cruise and nowhere near the last. We will definitely be trying Oasis and Allure in the near future as well.

We have done the Oasis and the Getaway. I enjoyed both ships, but I would personally choose Oasis over Getaway. We spend a lot of our time at the pool and Getaway's pool area is small and cramped. Oasis has several pools so it felt much less crowded and just had a better layout. Getaway had a lot of great dining options, though. I guess you would just have to decide what is most important to you. Either way, you will have a great time!!

Thank you for the reply. Norwegian is also offering 3 meals at Specialty restaurants as well so it's good to hear about their dining options.

I couldn't agree more. We've had amazing vacations on both ships, but my wife and I couldn't believe the lack of pools on the Getaway. In the end it was also what swayed us to go back on the Allure this year.

I have been on both ships and agree that the pools on the getaway are too small and crowded. The ship seemed very crowded on sea days but overall we had a great time. I thought the getaway was an amazing party ship, even more than carnival, as almost everybody had the drink package included. I drank and partied in the dance club until almost 3 am every night and there were many solo and single travelers. The shows were good, especially the howl at the moon dueling pianos, which compares to the schooner bar on royal. I still give Royal the nod between the two, but the ncl getaway certainly did not disappoint. They also have many specialty restaurants to choose from and they try to steer you to them. Give them a shot and see how you like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Been on all 3. If you can do The Haven on Getaway then that wins hands down.

If the Haven is beyond you budget, nothing can compare to the Oasis Class ships they are truly amazing. Ports would factor more to me than drinks. You can buy drinks or a drink package.

IMO Outside the Haven, food is better on Royal. They have more pool options and the ship generally felt much less crowded.

Been on all 3. If you can do The Haven on Getaway then that wins hands down.If the Haven is beyond you budget, nothing can compare to the Oasis Class ships they are truly amazing. Ports would factor more to me than drinks. You can buy drinks or a drink package.

IMO Outside the Haven, food is better on Royal. They have more pool options and the ship generally felt much less crowded.

DITTO!

Was about to type the same exact comment

I've been on all 3 ships and I would choose Getaway. In fact, we are sailing on Getaway again because the ship was so amazing. Oasis and Allure are great ships, but the water slides, ropes course and free drinks on the Getaway have me choosing them over any Royal ship. I refuse to pay the exorbitant drink prices on Royal.