Beach by Venice?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Italy Ports
Capri, Florence, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, portofino, Rome, Sardinia, Sorrento, Taormina, Venice
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:47 PM.
75 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
hey there! We will be in Venice for five days and I'm wondering if any of the islands have a nice beach.I believe lido does but I'd love to hear tips from anyone. Thanks! Laua
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
11,179 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Lido is the closest and easiest to reach from Venice. Note that many of the beaches are "owned" by the hotels and they charge significant fees to use the beach. There is a public beach on the southern part of the island.

More information on the beaches can be found here: http://www.venezia-lido.it/en/spiaggia.htm
New Cumberland,PA, USA
26,913 Posts
Joined May 2000
As Euro mentioned, the best looking beaches are located on Lido which is easily reached by vaporetto. That being said, you might want to think twice before swimming off of these beaches (or anywhere else in the Lagoon) since the waters are often very very polluted.

Hank