Barcelona port to airport for 11:45am flight...

There are 4 of us and a LOT of luggage! 4 very large bags, 4 carry on size and various backpacks. Anyone know if we'd be able to get a taxi big enough for all of us or do we need to reserve a car. I'm pretty sure we can't use Royal Carribean's transfers since we didn't book thru them.

If we need a car service, can anyone recommend a reliable/honest one?

Actually, I guess the question applies for getting from where we're staying to the port as well.

FYI - we only speak English

Thanks!

You might want to check ZipTransfers.com to get you to the airport. We've reserved a mini van that accommodates 6 passengers + 6 suitcases (I'm assuming medium size ones) for 49 euros. We won't be using them until Sept. 15th at the end of our cruise, but they have been very responsive with emails and they have a good reputation.

You can't cut down on luggage?? Zip transfers has been reported as reliable. But your luggage- is a problem. By "very large" what size are you talking about? 27 should be the limit frankly. You need to be leaving about 9am. I use the airport bus, having a 24" bag, and with my travels, I an gone for at least 3 weeks.

Edited by Budget Queen

You can't cut down on luggage?? Zip transfers has been reported as reliable. But your luggage- is a problem. By "very large" what size are you talking about? 27 should be the limit frankly. You need to be leaving about 9am. I use the airport bus, having a 24" bag, and with my travels, I an gone for at least 3 weeks.

We can't cut down on luggage since we are already here. What airport bus?

Thanks

An airport bus runs from BCN to a few locations in Barcelona. However, if you have a lot of luggage, the bus is not a good option - you would still need to get from the pier to Placa Catalunya or one of the other bus stops. As another person mentioned, a car/van service is probably your best option.

It is probably that you will not fit in one taxi - but you can always get two. Speaking English will not be an issue - you say "airport" and I think the taxi driver will understand.

I would recommend that you get yourself off the ship as soon as you can to ensure that you get to the airport with as little stress as possible. It is always much easier to find things to do in the airport than to be standing on the pier watching the minutes waste away waiting in the queue for the taxi.