Thomson cruise relocation May 2017

:confused::confused:Thomson brochure shows a relocation cruise from Malaga to Newcastle in May 2017. Despite selling cruises from Newcastle after May 2017 they are not selling the relocation cruise yet, does anyone know why?

:confused::confused:Thomson brochure shows a relocation cruise from Malaga to Newcastle in May 2017. Despite selling cruises from Newcastle after May 2017 they are not selling the relocation cruise yet, does anyone know why?

Thomson always said the repo cruises Malaga/Newcastle/Malaga would not be on sale until mid-Summer; probably because the dates and itinerary are not confirmed yet.

There was mention hereabouts of the date being changed from 21st May (as stated in the brochure I have) back to 7th May.

Can anybody throw more light on this ?

Wonder if this is because Thomson have announced that the new Discovery 2 will be sailing from Malaga in May 2017. Celebration was due to sail from Malaga throughout May but doubt they need 2 ships from here so may well have bought the repo forward.

Wonder if this is because Thomson have announced that the new Discovery 2 will be sailing from Malaga in May 2017. Celebration was due to sail from Malaga throughout May but doubt they need 2 ships from here so may well have bought the repo forward.

the celebration fro malaga on 7th and 14th are stil on sale though

My travel agent showed me the details sent to the shops from head office showing the repo from Malaga to Newcastle was moved to the 7th of May with an extra 14 night Baltic cruise from Newcastle on the 21st May. We are quite disappointed as put holidays in at work for the repo cruise. The flyer also showed Discovery 2 on sale from this Thursday but who knows the way Thomson are selling these cruises at the moment.

My travel agent showed me the details sent to the shops from head office showing the repo from Malaga to Newcastle was moved to the 7th of May with an extra 14 night Baltic cruise from Newcastle on the 21st May

The online cruise calendar is still showing seven night "Spirit of Iberia" roundtrip from Malaga on Celebration 7th May 2017.

I went through the motions of a dummy booking and it appeared onside to continue. :confused:

Obviously there is a conflict between what Thomsons have on their website and that which your TA is advising.

To add to the confusion, the website has no listing for Celebration on 14th May which was to have been "Continental Coasts" ex Malaga, according to the brochure.

That would sync in with "Hidden Treasures of Europe" being rescheduled on Celebration for 7th May - but not with "Spirit of Iberia" still on offer, same ship, same date.

Edited by WeeCountyMan
punctuation

I requested 7 nights for May 17 on line and cannot find a 7 night cruise for Celebration for 7 May, but have found Continental Coasts for 14 May 7 nights. This is Celebration's only entry for 7 nights in May.

Checked again using 14 nights for May 17. No entries for Celebration at all apart from back to back 9 April Spirit of Iberia / Continental Coasts.

And this is the website we will all have to follow when brochures cease.

Gil

We are on the Dream's repo in May from Malaga hope they don't change that or take the staff off for Discovery 2???

I imagine staff will move from the ships run by thomson to the new ship its been this way since they got the dream they moved staff from the celebration to the dream, only staff that won't move will be from majesty and spirit

"Spirit of Iberia" still showing via cruise calendar.

http://www.thomson.co.uk/cruise/cruise-calendar#May-2017

Scroll down to fifth option for May 2017, as is "Continental Coasts" at tenth position for 14th May.......I must have missed that earlier.

Also went in via the regular search options - each cruise came up on the respective dates.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Gill,

Try going in via the cruise calendar online.

Unless they've changed it since this morning, you should (?) get to the Celebration for 7th May.

The calendar on there is the same as in my brochure, but I couldn't get anything from it leading to a booking. Seems odd that they are taking any bookings for 7th or 14th if the Celebration is going to sail to Newcastle on 7th.

Will wait and see if they sort the Malaga / Newcastle one out, as that is the one I am interested in.

Gill

The calendar on there is the same as in my brochure, but I couldn't get anything from it leading to a booking. Seems odd that they are taking any bookings for 7th or 14th if the Celebration is going to sail to Newcastle on 7th.

Will wait and see if they sort the Malaga / Newcastle one out, as that is the one I am interested in.

Gill

Gill,

Did you go via the link I posted ?

I got both direct from there.

What a weird setup.

Gill,

Did you go via the link I posted ?

I got both direct from there.

What a weird setup.

Sorry, I didn't find a link on your posts, so tried to find it through the calendar on the website, but could not get onto the cruises from the calendar I found, so will leave it a while.

Gill

My Travel Agent told me that the repositioning cruise from Newcastle to Malaga on Celebration was changing dates by one week in September 2017 and that bookings had been put back to September 2016

Our ta hasn't heard about this neither has the store manager was in there yesterday to pay balance on octs cruise

Thanks, I have saved this link now, but no 7 May, only 14 May Continental Coasts still.

Went into my TA today to pay balance for October, and asked while I was in whether the relocation dates had changed for Celebration from 21 to 7 May, and what was happening about the cruises scheduled for 7 and 14 May if the date had changed.

After much rummaging around on their site, she went to ask someone, and came back to tell me that they were having a one day relaunch of Celebration cruises on 21.7.16. We are travelling north tomorrow so can't go in to check it out, but will certainly be looking into a Thomson TA while away to find out what is going on.

Gill

Thanks, I have saved this link now, but no 7 May, only 14 May Continental Coasts still.
Neither now showing Gill.

Thomsons have somebody looking into the case of the disappearing cruises.

e17be3fe-9b23-4c22-a858-4bbb4ddd6918_zpsg9xqgmkl.jpg

Thanks for the other info, interesting and useful.

Went into my TA today to pay balance for October, and asked while I was in whether the relocation dates had changed for Celebration from 21 to 7 May, and what was happening about the cruises scheduled for 7 and 14 May if the date had changed.

After much rummaging around on their site, she went to ask someone, and came back to tell me that they were having a one day relaunch of Celebration cruises on 21.7.16 We are travelling north tomorrow so can't go in to check it out, but will certainly be looking into a Thomson TA while away to find out what is going on.

Gill

This isn't very good for customers who have to book holidays from work.:(

Luckily we don't.

Edited by happy v

Hi All

I have just tried to book 18th Sept 2017 repo cruise Newcastle to Malaga 13 days with Thomson TA as unavailable on line She couldn't do it either so asked her to look at May 2017 repo Malaga to Newcastle and she couldn't do that either She knew that an extra cruise had been added end of May due to demand but was puzzled so she rang Thomson and got back to me. Firstly she was told that the main reason is because there is only one flight involved either way and their website can't cope with a no fly cruise!!! Even if only one way

They are working on this at the moment and both repo cruises should be available mid September. This is why all the other ship repos are available cos there are flights both ways

Hope this helps My TA has put a watch on the cruise and will ring me as soon as it's available