La Sagrada Familia

Tee & Chilli

Sailing NCL in October. Ship docks at 8am. How long will it take to get to Sagrada Familia?

What's the transportation options to get there?

A taxi would take 10-15 minutes to get to La Sagrada from the cruise port.

It's a nice enough walk from Sagrada Familia to Las Ramblas. I did it going the other direction. But having done it, I would suggest it wasn't anything memorable really, so I would advice spending that time doing something else. Take a taxi or mass transit to your next stop.

I've decided to do three things in Barcelona. Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and Las Ramblas.

Is it possible to do all three in 8 hours?

Which should I head to first?

How much time should I give myself?

Thank you

Edited by TeeChi

I've decided to do three things in Barcelona. Sagrada Familia, Park Guell and Las Ramblas.

Thank you

I would go to Parc Guell first then head back towards Sagrada by metro. ( Get your tickets for there on line before you go otherwise you will be in line for hours). Then take the metro to Las Ramblas and stay there till you have to get back to t he ship. hopefully they will have a shuttle from the bottom of the Ramblas to the ship...Celebrity did last time we were there.

Thank you

I've done all three. I got enough Gaudi at La Sagrada, so I'd skip Park Guell and do Las Ramblas and the Boqueria.

Thank you

You should be fine with 8 hrs. Be aware that the metro does not get you right to park guell and you still have a pretty good uphill jaunt. If time is an issue I might taxi to the park. You are then downhill to the metro to get to Sagrada. (Do buy your tickets in advance) . After the Sagrada take metro to the top of Las Ramblas and you can wander down based on your pace and remaining time. This way you are heading back toward the ship as the day ends.

I've done all three. I got enough Gaudi at La Sagrada, so I'd skip Park Guell and do Las Ramblas and the Boqueria.

Bob, your comment reminds me of one I read on here many years ago when doing research before our first trip to Barcelona; someone had posted: "a little Gaudi goes a long way." :)

I actually think Park Guell is worth a visit, as is the roof of La Pedrera. But I do understand that Gaudi is not for everyone.

We have visited La Sagrada Familia twice (separated by nearly five years), and I would happily spend many more hours there.

Bob, your comment reminds me of one I read on here many years ago when doing research before our first trip to Barcelona; someone had posted: "a little Gaudi goes a long way." :)

I actually think Park Guell is worth a visit, as is the roof of La Pedrera. But I do understand that Gaudi is not for everyone.

We have visited La Sagrada Familia twice (separated by nearly five years), and I would happily spend many more hours there.

I agree, I also think Park Guell is worth a visit, but I'd not want to do it on the same day as La Sagrada. We did it in a separate trip from La Sagrada, and it was enjoyable being able to spend as much time as we wanted at each place.

I just got back from Barcelona and you can do all three in one day. Remember to buy your tickets in advance. Two hours at the park should do the trick. Also, consider using taxis to maximize your time to see each place.

Thank you

Take a Taxi up to Park Guell. This avoids a big uphill walk if you use any of the public transit options. The rest can be done with taxis, or walking if you are up to it. It is a 35 minute walk downhill to Sagrada Familia. Plenty of places to stop for lunch or a coffee. It is another 35 minute walk to Las Ramblas. You will need a taxi back to the ship.

It should be a fun day.

Is there a flat rate for taxis?

There is a flat rate for certain trips, like from the airport to the port, but not for trips within the city.

Here is the taxi info:

http://taxi.amb.cat/documents/956832/1007019/Tarifestaxi2016/13e8e279-5712-426e-8dce-da5f8dd6dc7b

http://taxi.amb.cat/s/en/usuari.html

Edited by clarea

I've been to the 2 attractions, again this year. Both need advance admission tickets. It is hardly worth going to Park Guell, for me, without the access. I am always there for several days, so would not consider them both in the same day.

IF I am reading right- this is during a cruise stop? Is there also any debarking going on for some passengers? This port can have HUGE cab lines, just a heads up, if thinking on a tight time schedule. I always take the port bus, myself, and use city buses and Metro. A cab is easier to get- outside the port.

Thank you

You are in for a grueling day. We were hard pressed to do Casa Batllo and Sagrada Familia in 6 hours, without Las Ramblas. That's without taking lunch?

You are in for a grueling day. We were hard pressed to do Casa Batllo and Sagrada Familia in 6 hours, without Las Ramblas. That's without taking lunch?

Wow thanks

After much thought I'm thinking La Sagrada Familia and Las Rambas. We're in port from 8 to 4. I may save Park Guell for next time. :)

This cruise is very port intensive. Only one sea day.

We will be in Barcelona for three full days after our arrival and before our Harmony cruise in October. We have an early access tour at La Sagrada booked through Viator on our first full day in Barcelona. The tour operator will provide our transportation to La Sagrada. Afterwards we plan to utilize our two day HOHO pass to see the rest of the Barcelona sights. Or third day will be spent with a tour to Motserratt.

Two questions - Park Guell is the next stop on the HOHO route after La Sagrada. We have not bought tickets for that yet. I am assuming from this thread that we should make that purchase. Same day? Or day two of our stay? I am a bit confused as to what we should do here.:confused:

Also, what is the required dress for La Sagrada? I will wear a below the knees skirt or capris, but DH likes his shorts. We will be also visiting cathedrals at other ports. Should he purchase the zip off-convertible pants for La Sagrada and other cathedrals?

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

... Also, what is the required dress for La Sagrada? I will wear a below the knees skirt or capris, but DH likes his shorts....

No problem with wearing shorts at La Sagrada.