New Beach Bungalows on Labadee

coops

Kathie -

We have one rented for march as well. My sister in law also has limited mobility. We read a blog that had a story of a husband who had broken his leg and they picked him up from the boat in a "beach' wheelchair and wheeled him over to the bungalow.

That's one of the reasons we rented one. Because of the help from the cruiseline with accessability.

If we go before you (we are Freedom 3/4) Ill post here with feedback on how it went.

-Sean

Thanks so much! We are not going till March 26. My friend had one years ago and she rode her scooter to the island from the ship and then they put it in a building and we used a tram to get to the bungalow, until we were ready to go back to the ship. I'd rather leave the scooter on the ship.

See pics at post #115 and back for the location of bungalow 6 :)

Thanks! I somehow missed those pictures! I think I had a poor connection and they did not load when I was reading the thread and I never went back to check them out!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Planning on booking this for our party of 6 in April. How close is the bar, and this doesn't come with a VIP lunch like they do on coco cay?

If you are in a Grand Suite or above then you can rent a Cabana in Barefoot Beach. In that area they have an upgraded VIP buffet but suite guests only. (Even if you don't have a Cabana and you are a suite guest you can still enjoy the VIP buffet)

These are "Bungalows" slightly different than the "Cabanas" in the design most notably that there are only 2 walls instead of 3 and the Cabana's have a ceiling fan. But the Bungalows are typically cheaper than Cabanas (In the 200-300$ range as opposed to 300+)

Surprisingly enough on the RCI website it designates that all Barefoot Beach Cabanas comfortably accommodate 4-5 guests, Nellie's over water Cabanas accommodate a "maximum" of 6 guests and Columbus Cove Beach Bungalows allow a "maximum" of 8 guests.

-Sean

• 4 weeks later...
:o

Are the more expensive type worth the extra money? I can't remember which are which. Also is it worth the most money to get the most expensive type of the more expensive of the two?

We prebooked a Nellie's Beach cabana for our Jan 2018 Harmony cruise. Wasn't aware of the Bungalows at Columbus Cove. We paid $225 for 6 guests. Sounds like the Bungalows are about the same price. Just depends what type of space you want and where and how many people are in your group.

Just looked for January 2018, and the cost of a cabana on Nellie's beach is $294, the cost of a beach bungalow is $327 [emoji15]. Shouldn't the cabana be more then the bungalow? I know that we pay a little more because it's Canadian dollars, but $100 more then what people have mentioned on this thread?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just looked for January 2018' date=' and the cost of a cabana on Nellie's beach is $294, the cost of a beach bungalow is $327 [emoji15']. Shouldn't the cabana be more then the bungalow? I know that we pay a little more because it's Canadian dollars, but $100 more then what people have mentioned on this thread?

Kim -

We are on Freedom March 4th and the current listed price is -

495 - Nellies over Water (Same as Barefoot over water)

395 - Nellies Beach (Same as Barefoot on the Beach)

225 - Beach Bungalo @ Columbus Cove

-Sean

Just looked for January 2018' date=' and the cost of a cabana on Nellie's beach is $294, the cost of a beach bungalow is $327 [emoji15']. Shouldn't the cabana be more then the bungalow? I know that we pay a little more because it's Canadian dollars, but $100 more then what people have mentioned on this thread?

Kim -

We are on Freedom March 4th and current listed prices are -

495 - Nellies and Barefoot over water

395 - Nellies and Barefoot on the beach

-Sean

We're on FOS in April 2018 and I can't see where to make a reservation for any of the cabana's or bungalows. I went into cruise planner and it shows the Barefoot Beach Cabana's but that they're not available online. We're in a suite, but we're going with a big group and at this point we're the only ones in a suite so barefoot beach will probably no be an option.

Am I missing something? I think I'd like to at least reserve 1 of the bungalows and maybe 2. I'm getting in contact with my friends now.

Is it too early to reserve?

We're on FOS in April 2018 and I can't see where to make a reservation for any of the cabana's or bungalows. I went into cruise planner and it shows the Barefoot Beach Cabana's but that they're not available online. We're in a suite, but we're going with a big group and at this point we're the only ones in a suite so barefoot beach will probably no be an option.

Am I missing something? I think I'd like to at least reserve 1 of the bungalows and maybe 2. I'm getting in contact with my friends now.

Is it too early to reserve?

Concierge emails you like 2 weeks b4 the cruise and thats the earliest they take reservations.

Kim -

We are on Freedom March 4th and current listed prices are -

495 - Nellies and Barefoot over water

395 - Nellies and Barefoot on the beach

-Sean

Thanks Sean, I wonder why mine is so different? I'll check again in a bit and see if has changed

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the pictures and info... they helped make our decision!

Just reserved for our Thanksgiving cruise!

We've had both Barefoot and Nellie's overwater cabanas in the past and loved them, but the price has gone insane! (One cruise we had 10 of us so had two over water cabanas and paid less than the current price for one!)

Incidentally, we have this same furniture (except in gray & turquoise clear.png?emoji-wink-1685 ) at home!

• 1 month later...

Just clarifing...All these beach chairs, are they for anyone? We have a group of 24 people and my family was the only one lucky enough to secure a bungalow (eight people). All the others sold out by the time we saw them on the site. We are hoping there are chairs for the others close by. Are there any type of wrist bands, etc to show who has rented them? Thanks for the clarifications. :confused:

The cabanas are all the way at the end. I have pics of the area but not sure you can see exactly where it is194a1ba0566adb80e99f10f046f14cf6.jpg20d6fe74c77a0a1d87b058a2134ba68f.jpg.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Just clarifing...All these beach chairs, are they for anyone? We have a group of 24 people and my family was the only one lucky enough to secure a bungalow (eight people). All the others sold out by the time we saw them on the site. We are hoping there are chairs for the others close by. Are there any type of wrist bands, etc to show who has rented them? Thanks for the clarifications. :confused:

Was just at Labadee today in the bungalows. All of the beach chairs in the section are only for the folks who are in the bungalows. When you check in, they put on a black band on your wrist. Anyone who doesn't have the band is not allowed in the area and they police it very strictly.

There are plenty of chairs that folks can set up next to the section if they get there early enough. That way you all can be in Columbus Cove together.

ffrencher, Thank you for taking the time to post a reply. Great to have first hand account. How many people did you have? :confused: The site says suitable for eight so do they just give up to eight people the wrist bands? Thanks again....We are 30 days out and trying to get all our ducks in a row.

ffrencher, Thank you for taking the time to post a reply. Great to have first hand account. How many people did you have? :confused: The site says suitable for eight so do they just give up to eight people the wrist bands? Thanks again....We are 30 days out and trying to get all our ducks in a row.

There were only three of us. I would assume that only 8 people get the bands as that is supposedly the capacity for each bungalow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

We are a family of 11, three of which are children. I am hoping to get two Columbus Cove Beach

Cabanas for our August 2018 Oasis Cruise. I check multiple times a day to see if they have become available :o

I am the sole planner for our family trip of four cabins so I will be booking the cabanas.

If I am lucky enough to see that they show and are available to book, I just book like I want "2", is that correct?

Also, for anyone that booked multiple cabanas, did you get them next to each other?

Thank you so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the photos. Is it loud there from the water park and other things at Columbus Cove? We had a cabana at Nellies last time but they are $495 for this cruise and the Bungalow is $250. For Four adults (with drink packages).

I personally didn't feel it was that close to the water park to even hear what was going at the water park.

In reference to other noise, it can depend on the folks that are next to the cabanas section and the folks who are in the cabana section. When we went, although all the cabanas were reserved, there were on a couple of people in each and they all wanted to relax, so we felt that section was very quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums