Independent transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral

princess*bride

Has anyone used a service outside of Royal's bus transportation? What were the costs and your experience?

Most recently Cortrans, very reliable, $20pp.

Also try Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx, and Executive VIP.

cheaper than $20pp. How?

I think what CB was trying to say in his usual drive-by posting style is confirming that it is cheaper to book transport on your own rather than using Royal Caribbean's transfer service. But, that's just how I interpret it. His posts are a bit like modern art - you can put your own interpretation to it all too easily.

My wife and I've used Cocoa Beach Shuttle when we sailed on Freedom. We paid $58 for each of us but I think we paid less than that - I believe if you mention Cruise Critic you get a discount from them. Great service through and through, we had a super friendly driver and they took care of our lone customer service issue (not being credited for that discount) in relatively short order. We ended up sharing the van with another couple coming and going - they pull a small trailer behind the van to hold everybody's luggage. We'd gladly use them again.

Canadian Tyler, I have plenty of hertz points. I may look into that as an option.

I used a discount code from retailmenot.com. Am pretty happy with the rate considering its replacing two shuttle rides (airport to hotel and hotel to ship the next day).

Was going to do Cortrans after the cruise but someone on my roll call posted that they got a rental car to MCO and were looking to split on it. So that worked out well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

In October we used Budget BCD # U072700 or U072756, which are Southwest discount codes to get a one way rental for a full size car, MCO to Cape Canaveral, for $41, $56 with taxes and fees. Gas cost was about $10.

I dropped luggage and three others at port before returning car and taking their shuttle back to the Freedom.

We flew in the night before so this provided us transport to go out for supper that evening and before embarkation. We were two couples travelling together so our cost was one half of the above. ;)