Dunedin-cruise ship tour or private

joetop2467

We are going on the Celebrity Solstice in January. Does anyone know which tour company Celebrity uses for their Otago Penguin & Dunedin Panorama tour or the Otagos Wild Wonders Tour? I can decide whether to book one of these or book on my own through Elm Wildlife, Mt. Classics, or another. We want to see the town and penguins, albatross and other wildlife. Is it better to see penguins at Penguin Place or somewhere else. Please help. I'm so confused.

Did you get a chance to see any of the city of Dunedin? Did you get to go into the railway station? Did you see Pilot Beach and any blue penguins.

After leaving Pt Chalmers, drove along the coastal road into Dunedin, saw Baldwin Street and few other sights, then headed out to their private property. Lots of stops for pics on the way all day. Saw many seals, some within hands reach, also yellow eyed penguins in their burrows on the side of the hill. Also Albatross Centre, stunning views all along the way, plus the Railway Station and passed by Cadburys. Did not stop at Cadbury though. Not missing much (been there before). It was a full day, and they supplied morning tea and a beautiful homemade lunch box, with fresh meat and salad roll, fruit , cake and drink.

We saw too much to write about. Well worth the money. Cannot praise them enough.

Jen

We will be visiting Sydney for the first time for a 13 day NZ cruise which includes Dunedin and am serioulsy looking at the Taieri Gorge Railway trip. It seems the Elm Wildlife tour is something to see also.

Afraid you'll have to choose between a train journey through amazing countryside, which includes a drive through the City and to Larnach Castle OR an awesome close-up and personal WILDLIFE experience;)

Anna if our daughter were standing here, she would tell me to go for Elm Wildlife.:). She travels the States & Canada with her semi to fairs and exhibits displaying and lecturing on Kangaroos, Wallabees, Wallaroos etc. I am trying to balance animal parks with sights of the countryside of Australia and NZ during our long trip.

I kidded her one day and told her Mom & Dad enjoy seeing the wildlife, but we also enjoy seeing the Country. This is our 1st trip to Australia & NZ and we have 9 days between our two cruises to do more sight seeing also. With 17 months to go, we have loads of time to decide , so I will continue my homework. Thank you.:) We are looking forward to this trip.

Archived