Bed and Breakfast Sydney Harbour.

retird

We are staying in Sydney for three nights prior to our March 15,2015 cruise on RCI-Voyager of the seas. We have booked the Townhouse Suite with balcony Top floor at Bed and Breakfast Sydney Harbour. Is this an ok accomodation with easy access to restaurants and sightseeing. Any comments would be appreciated.

I dunno. Lots of bad reviews on Trip Advisor. :eek:

Read them here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g255060-d591639-Reviews-Bed_and_Breakfast_Sydney_Harbour-Sydney_New_South_Wales.html

200 reviews from our community

Traveler rating

Excellent

Very good

Average

Poor

Terrible

See reviews for

Families39

Couples101

Solo15

Business9

Rating summary

3 out of 5 reviewers have less than 3 review in terrible

4 out of 7 in poor

12 on the first 2 pages in excellent

What does this say to me… Tripadvisor reviews for this property are useless…

over 50% say excellent… or 80% very good +

From my reading most complaints are about being cold due to lack of blankets…. we had an unusually cold winter… there were some days where had I been a visitor in my pace i would have complained

OP asked about location and is it OK…. thats the answer given… yeah its Ok…

location is great… should they want great accom park hyatt is just around the corner at 5x the price

Thanks, everyone, I am not looking for a 5 star accommodation. just a comfortable bed in close proximity to attractions and food. I am more interested in what there is to see, as I will just be sleeping at the BandB. I agree, Trip advisor is usually useless when it comes to reviews. That is why I asked here in case someone had stayed there. Just happy to be going to Australia. After a 26 hour flight just finding a bed will be great.

We have stayed at the Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast and we very much enjoyed it.

I would only discourage you from staying there if you have mobility issues. While the B&B is in an excellent location in The Rocks, you do have to climb a lot of stairs or walk up fairly steep streets to get to the B&B from the Circular Quay area.

If you stay at this B&B, you will find yourself within easy walking distance of many shops, restaurants and sightseeing venues. We stayed in the Lachlan Room whose windows faced the highway, yet we heard no traffic sounds when the windows were closed. (I'm a light sleeper and traffic sounds definitely would have awakened me.) If you are staying in a room which faces the street, you might hear the street noise as there are some pubs along Cumberland Street.

We enjoyed the Sydney Harbour B&B so much that I recommended it to my sister and her husband and to a close friend of mine. They all told me that they also really enjoyed staying there.

We have stayed at the Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast and we very much enjoyed it.

I would only discourage you from staying there if you have mobility issues. While the B&B is in an excellent location in The Rocks, you do have to climb a lot of stairs or walk up fairly steep streets to get to the B&B from the Circular Quay area.

If you stay at this B&B, you will find yourself within easy walking distance of many shops, restaurants and sightseeing venues. We stayed in the Lachlan Room whose windows faced the highway, yet we heard no traffic sounds when the windows were closed. (I'm a light sleeper and traffic sounds definitely would have awakened me.) If you are staying in a room which faces the street, you might hear the street noise as there are some pubs along Cumberland Street.

We enjoyed the Sydney Harbour B&B so much that I recommended it to my sister and her husband and to a close friend of mine. They all told me that they also really enjoyed staying there.

Thank you GradUT, fortunately we have no mobility issues and are really looking forward to our visit to Australia. We are staying in the Townhouse Suite.

Thank you GradUT, fortunately we have no mobility issues and are really looking forward to our visit to Australia. We are staying in the Townhouse Suite.

I am unfamiliar with the "Townhouse Suite" and it doesn't appear on their website. (All of their rooms are named after people associated with the discovery of Australia.) Are we talking about the same place? The B&B where we stayed is located on Cumberland Street in The Rocks.

Thanks, everyone, I am not looking for a 5 star accommodation. just a comfortable bed in close proximity to attractions and food. I am more interested in what there is to see, as I will just be sleeping at the BandB. I agree, Trip advisor is usually useless when it comes to reviews. That is why I asked here in case someone had stayed there. Just happy to be going to Australia. After a 26 hour flight just finding a bed will be great.

Hi ,

I have booked here for my pre-cruise stay next month ,will report back about the beds and I will check out all the attractions and what is available whilst I am there.I think location is very good and the breakfast looks yummy

Cheers Deb

• 1 month later...
Thanks angelwingsflys , looking forward to your review.

Hi retired,

I stayed at the B&B prior to our cruise ,Would stay there again ,beds were comfy,breakfast was great .the hosts Linda and James were great . Location to the overseas Passenger Terminal was easy walk but as I had so much luggage I chose to take a Taxi down there ,under $8.00. Taxi rank is just next door ,easy,just don't tell the taxi driver where you want to go till you are in the Taxi.(these words of wisdom was shared by James ).They prefer to have a longer fare .

Walking distance to many attractions ,shops and cafes and restaurants.

Shops were easily walked to from the accommodation .Turn left at the front of the B&B ,follow road down to the left ,turn right at the intersection towards the center of Sydney, shops were easily accessed.

We found a Irish pub in Circular Quay , The Paragon Hotel ,just behind the McDonald's at Circular Quay , value plus meals,we were there on a Tuesday night , Rump Steak with Chips and salad ,with a choice of sauces ,mushroom,garlic and Dianne ,all for $12 each. 1 of the best meals I have had in the city.

You should be comfortable at the Townhouse.Spoke to a lovely couple who were staying in it and they said it was lovely.

Enjoy your holiday in The Rocks.

Cheers Deb

PS. bonus FREE in-room WI-FI.