Roatan excursions - Bodden tours

pieshops

We did a whole day tour with victor in june. it was just great. he will take you anywhere you want to go, at whatever pace you want. We covered the whole island, took us to his home,shopping,and snorkling. and to the orphanage. He has lived there all his life and will show you the real island life. victor will get you back to the ship in plenty of time to do some shopping, and all this for 25.00 per person payable at the end of the tour. getting hold of victor can be difficult. their internet is spotty at best. so plan early and enjoy.

One Eyed Jim

We were in Roatan March of 2004 and thanks to these boards, we had made arrangements with Victor to meet us at the pier. As previous posters have said, he will customize the day to meet your needs. We went to the iguana farm, drove around the island and then went to the beach for swimming and snorkeling. Victor was very informative and he made Roatan our family's favorite port.

We are sailing on the Valor Oct. 16th. I have been in touch with Victor and he said his rate is 25.00 per person per day. There are 5 of us and I thought that 125.00 for the day was a bit steep. Actually, there are 10 in our group, so it's really 250.00 for our two families. Am I being too cheap? Can we get a better rate since there are ten in our party?

Captain Van's sounds like a fun idea, I wonder how the price compares. Does anyone out there have any info?

Victor was there as we exited the ship - waiting as promised....... also with him that a.m. was the female tour guide - can't remember her name -- but what a super funny lady...........

We piled into the van and headed for the zip lines ----- great zip lines not the ones where 900 cruise ship guests go.......... the staff there was great.... good solid equipment ....... and lots fun! Next, Victor took us around and we drove along the beach where school was in session....... we stopped by Victors house and met his wife and youngest daughter... what a cutie.... bought Vanilla from wife ------- ummmm it's good (ps it isdouble the price in Mexico, buy it from Honduras)... then off to the beach........ some of the people with us went snorkeling but I choose to drink some yummy Pina Coladas from the bar. The food smelled so good....... We ordered the Coconut Grouper ----- GREAT!!!!!!!

Victor is a wonderful man who knows his Country....... this was the best 25.00 pp I ever spent. If you want a nice private tour - Victor is the only way to go. Any questions please email me ---

Paula

We are sailing on the Valor Oct. 16th. I have been in touch with Victor and he said his rate is 25.00 per person per day. There are 5 of us and I thought that 125.00 for the day was a bit steep. Actually' date=' there are 10 in our group, so it's really 250.00 for our two families. Am I being too cheap? Can we get a better rate since there are ten in our party?

Captain Van's sounds like a fun idea, I wonder how the price compares. Does anyone out there have any info?[/quote']

The 10 of you can take a ship's tour on a crowed bus for like $60 or $70 pp - let's see, that's 6/7 hundred dollars:eek: - I think I'll go with Victor - $25.00 pp is a great price.:D

Archived