clothing optional bar?

m steve

There are much more interesting things to see in Key West than The Garden of Eden bar atop The Bull; as most of the people there don't need to have their clothes off. LOL

Have a great visit.

Mike:)

I've been there 3 times. Twice during the day and once at night. And the only naked person I ever saw was the bartender. She had her shirt unbuttoned. (Nice lady, laid back, early 50's.) They had videos playing of people all body painted and whooping it up so it must get busy some time (unless those were Fantasy Fest videos or something). There were never actually any people there when we were. It does have an awesome view of duval. I didn't see any clothing check. You walk in and the bar is right there. Not much room for something like that.

I stopped into the " Garden of Eden" last week on a quick vacation stop. it was hopping on Friday and Saturday night although the only people naked were several men in their 50's and 60's and a younger woman who had tatoos all over her body. The waitresses wore some revealing clothes, but it was nothing special. They also have an area in the back corner where they do body painting and some younger girls had their upper torsos painted like zebras, etc.....:)

We went there in September on a Friday night. Couldn't help it; I was curious. Plus a friend told me we should go, so I had to. ;) There were a few nude/partially nude people there hanging out. :p Mostly people in their 50's (not a pretty sight, but hey, I'm pretty sure they weren't there to impress me and they were having fun), but there was also a nude couple that looked to be late 20's or early 30's, and the bartender was topless. It looked like some people just had their clothes folded up next to them on a chair. They were doing body painting that night. There was no cover charge then, but in December (during the delayed Fantasy Fest) they were charging $10. We didn't go in (there were naked people running around in the street that night -- we didn't have to pay to see any of them). :D

It's within walking distance of the dock. Maybe about 4 or 5 blocks (??). We were there for the first time on a cruise, and of course wanted to check it out. It was as others have said...rooftop garden (fairly small) up on the third floor, overlooking Duval. There were a couple of people on loungers fully nude just relaxing in the corner. There were maybe one or two others (out of twenty or so up there) who were topless. I had a couple of cocktail and joined in with them......it's what I figured I was there for. I took my top off and just tucked my T-shirt into my back pocket. It was fun, and no one seemed to care one way or another. We were there for about an hour. We did return later that year (2 years ago) for Fantasy Fest......that's a whole different story!

Mrsfuzzmo

• 2 years later...

Sometimes I go topless sometimes I don't, its clothing optional for everyone, including us..

Please remember, it is not a girls gone wild bar, so ya, not everyone is female in her twenties. It shouldn't matter, that's the whole point, everyone is accepted for who they are regardless of age or looks.

Also, if every person that walked in that bar expecting to see SOMEONE ELSE naked, actually had the courage to get naked themselves, then there WOULD be naked people in there!

Note: some of those people who "shouldn't be naked" in your opinions, are some of the nicest people you will meet in Key West. So open minds everybody, and when in Rome.....

Look forward to seeing all of you at our rooftop bar. Remember you can lay out in the sun and get a full tan. Take care.

• 4 weeks later...

Last year in '07 we were there with some friends in October, and there were alot of people of all ages with various amounts of clothing on and off, no big deal, lots of better things to see and do in Key West although I find the body painting very intresting.......really it truly is an art.....very talented, when they are done it really looks like they are wearing a bathing suit of they have animal skin.....intresting! MUch more so then the naked dancers LOL.

I will stick to the fully clothed Irish Kevin's bar LOL:D

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone actually been there and how was it? Do they have a place to check your clothes? What is the best time to go? This DOM is interested and has no inhibitions about nudity.

Steve..........Thread is quite old.............

We've been there twice. More clothed folks than naked...........The Garden of Eden is the name..........

Lots of gawkers make the trip up the stairs..........

The dude than does body painting is quite talented............

2817497390041895530S500x500Q85.jpg

• 1 month later...

We were there this time last year. We walked up stairs because we were told there was a great view - we honestly didn't know what we were getting into until we saw the sign -just at the top of the stairs. We entered anyway. It was around noon and there were 6 or 7 people sunbathing nude and it was extremely quiet.

We did get a great view of Duval St. and then we went back down to street level. No big deal!;)

• 2 months later...

We returned to the Garden of Eden on Feb. 9th, during our cruise on the Carnival Legend. We arrived about noon, and it was standing room only, and three bartenders were working to keep up. This was probably one of their best days, as our ship was a charter, a clothing optional cruise with Bare Necessities Travel. We tried to count the number of patrons that day(all naked), but lost count at 150. That's kinda' crowded for the small bar. We stayed about 3 hours, talking with many of our friends aboard the ship. Weather was perfect that day too. The Garden of Eden can be a nice place when you have the right crowd.....................

Archived