Cheese Plates' Cheeses?

Quampapetet

I can't find my answer via the search. What cheeses are on the dining room's "Cheese Plate" dessert?

In my family, cheese is an appetizer, not a dessert, but I know I've read on here that you can get it as an appetizer. I never could remember to do that on my last cruise. I can eat cheese (thank goodness!!! :D), so it'd be nice to be able to have an appetizer on the ship.

Thanks!

We have gotten it a lot of times. A bit of about 6 cheeses. The one Im sure about is the brie. I think blue cheese?

Iv also heard you can just ask for one kind of cheese, instead of the mixture. Thats what Id do if I was ordering just for myself. I just like brie.

We have gotten it a lot of times. A bit of about 6 cheeses. The one Im sure about is the brie. I think blue cheese?

Iv also heard you can just ask for one kind of cheese, instead of the mixture. Thats what Id do if I was ordering just for myself. I just like brie.

I love brie! My DH thinks I'm strange but for some reason for my family brie and crackers were must haves for tail-gating during football season.

Hmmm. The one time I have asked for the cheese as an app, the waiter said it couldn't be done because of the way the kitchen lines were staged. He was a really good waiter otherwise, so I have to assume he was telling the truth.:rolleyes:

I'll have to try it again.

I have heard of a few people who were able to get the cheese platter as an appetizer. We usually get two of them - one for us in the dining room, and one to keep in the mini-fridge and enjoy either later that night or another time on our balcony!

I love brie! My DH thinks I'm strange but for some reason for my family brie and crackers were must haves for tail-gating during football season.

Try Brie baked with cranberries and pecans-it is really good.

If I remember correctly (it could be NCL) I also think there is some black grapes served with the bleu cheese. This got me hooked on black grapes and maytag bleu cheese.

Here is a photo of a cheese plate from the Legend about 3 weeks ago.

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20299.JPG

Our adult kids ordered cheese with dessert almost every night at dinner. I can't tell for sure, but this might have been a "special order" plate where the kids requested just certain types.

Although our waiters didn't say anything I got the impression ordering a special combination was a bit more work for them and they would rather just bring the normal assortment.

I can't find my answer via the search. What cheeses are on the dining room's "Cheese Plate" dessert?

In my family, cheese is an appetizer, not a dessert, but I know I've read on here that you can get it as an appetizer. I never could remember to do that on my last cruise. I can eat cheese (thank goodness!!! :D), so it'd be nice to be able to have an appetizer on the ship.

Thanks!

Send an email to Carnival via their "contact us" link. I have sent them many off the cuff emails about various stuff and they have answered all. BTW, the cheese plate is excellent. Cheese is an excellent dessert with the right wine. A very good choice if something sweet is just too much.

I got this from Carnival's 7-day menu on Zydecocruiser dot com

Port Salut, Brie, Gouda, Imported Swiss and Danish Bleu.

My fiance is a cheese lover so I checked this out for him too. :)

I am also a cheese lover, and I order the cheese plate for desert after every dinner. I believe you've listed the correct cheeses. It is also served with grapes and a few small slices of what looks like whole grain bread.

I have heard of a few people who were able to get the cheese platter as an appetizer. We usually get two of them - one for us in the dining room, and one to keep in the mini-fridge and enjoy either later that night or another time on our balcony!

Do they pack it up somehow for you or do you just tote the plate down the hall? Sounds awesome to have this on the balcony with some wine--yummers! Speaking of which, any wine pairing suggestions for the cheese plate?

HoosierCouple had it right earlier..........

The cheese plate usually consists of.......

Port Salut, Brie, Gouda, Imported Swiss and Danish Bleu

Another thing to note is that the Dining Staff are very good at adjusting the plate to your preferences. I'm not a big Brie fan, but I love the Bleu and Gouda. So, if you mention that you don't like a certain kind, they usually will have that taken off the plate and substitute another wedge of a type you do like. The Carnival Dining Staff are so attentive to your needs.

In fact, a friend I was traveling with on the Carnival Destiny, only wanted Gouda.........so, our waiter brought him an entire plate of it!

Definitely get the cheese plate, whether for an appetizer or for the dessert course...........it's well worth it!!

Enjoy your cheese and your upcoming cruise!!!;)

Do they pack it up somehow for you or do you just tote the plate down the hall? Sounds awesome to have this on the balcony with some wine--yummers! Speaking of which, any wine pairing suggestions for the cheese plate?

You can take a plate of cheese from the dining room...but it would be nice if a cheese platter was offered on the room service menu. From what I remember it wasn't an option.

We always get one or two plates for the whole table to go with our wine before we even order. Once we make that request the first night, it's generally on the table waiting for us each night thereafter. Never had a problem and if there's any bleu cheese left - it goes on my salad!! :p

Here is a photo of a cheese plate from the Legend about 3 weeks ago.

Carnival%20Legend%20-%20299.JPG

Our adult kids ordered cheese with dessert almost every night at dinner. I can't tell for sure, but this might have been a "special order" plate where the kids requested just certain types.

Although our waiters didn't say anything I got the impression ordering a special combination was a bit more work for them and they would rather just bring the normal assortment.

That looks sooo good. I love brie, gouda and swiss and see them there. I know my husband and I plan to take a plate back to the room after dinner to enjoy with some wine on the balcony.

Take a wheel of Brie and place it in a ready to bake pie crust. Fold over the edges of the pie crust to almost cover the Brie on top. Fill the top (to cover the Brie) with fruit preserves of any kind (my fave is apricot or raspberry/blackberry). Bake in the oven until the pie crust is done and serve as an appetizer. It's messy and hard to cut and scoop but totally worth it.

I love Brie!

Just off the Fantasy last week and got the cheese tray as per photo above every night as appetizer. In fact the waiter asked if I wanted it everynight and he had it there before we sat down. It was good as is so no need for us to vary it. You need at least one platter per 4 people. I could have used some crackers. Do they even have crackers on Carnival ships? I don't think I've seen them before.

If you order it at dessert time just take it back to your room for later consumption!

If I had a waiter tell me he could not bring it as an appetizer I would be seeking out the Marti'de pretty quick and that would solve that issue!

I am a fan of this dessert too. Beats the stew out of anything chocolate or creme brulee, etc.

Usually there is a nice selection of "dessert" cheeses, which would be the more rich and earthy selections in the cheese family.

Anything moldy is good for me. The more mold the better!

Archived