Dubrovnik shuttle service?

patjeblauw

I have been to Dubrovnik in 2012 with the Azamara Quest and then we tendered into Dubrovnik, which was right in the city centre. This year I will go there again with Azamara but now we dock (according to the itinerary). I know that docking means we will be further away from the city centre. Does anybody know if Azamara will offer a shuttle to the city centre?

patricia

I have been to Dubrovnik in 2012 with the Azamara Quest and then we tendered into Dubrovnik, which was right in the city centre. This year I will go there again with Azamara but now we dock (according to the itinerary). I know that docking means we will be further away from the city centre. Does anybody know if Azamara will offer a shuttle to the city centre?

patricia

Azamara offered a shuttle both times we docked in Dubrovnik.

You must take your passport with you as dock police inspect them on the bus before it is allowed to leave the port, something I found a little off putting .

Enjoy your trip

Azamara offered a shuttle both times we docked in Dubrovnik.

You must take your passport with you as dock police inspect them on the bus before it is allowed to leave the port, something I found a little off putting .

Enjoy your trip

Last year we had a shuttle at Dubrovnik and while it is a good idea to take your passport, we didn't have to show it to the port police.

And when we went out in the evening we just walked out of the port and found a taxi to take us to meet our friends, no passport needed. We were back in plenty of time but it was pouring with rain and we were obviously last back. It was almost a race between us and the Azamara crew to get up the gangplank and get dry!

Have a great trip,

Sue

Last year we had a shuttle at Dubrovnik and while it is a good idea to take your passport, we didn't have to show it to the port police.

And when we went out in the evening we just walked out of the port and found a taxi to take us to meet our friends, no passport needed. We were back in plenty of time but it was pouring with rain and we were obviously last back. It was almost a race between us and the Azamara crew to get up the gangplank and get dry!

Have a great trip,

Sue

That's a welcome change in policy concerning passports in Dubrovnik, and should be indicated in the daily newsletter onboard.

Depending upon the time of the first shuttle, I might take an early taxi to the walled city so as to walk down the main street, and visit its sites, before the tours arrive. You can enjoy much of the city before the crowds descend.

The excursion staff onboard should be able to tell you the location of the shuttle pickup, in our case it was just outside the main gates.

Have a great time!

Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering given that there was a Dubrovnik on your own excursion being sold for my cruise which looked like a glorified shuttle to me

It would be helpful if Bonnie could tell us the position re Dubrovnik for the 2014 Quest schedules when she gets a chance, thanks

That's a welcome change in policy concerning passports in Dubrovnik, and should be indicated in the daily newsletter onboard.

I suppose the change came with Croatia joining the EU last spring. They have not joined the monetary union, but from what I hear you can often use euros anyway.

Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering given that there was a Dubrovnik on your own excursion being sold for my cruise which looked like a glorified shuttle to me

That's also the reason why I asked because of that excursion Dubrovnik on your own, made me doubt if they would offer their normal free shuttle service into the city centre. I am sailing the week before you are on the Quest.

We visited Dubrovnik last summer with Carnival and the shuttle they provided wasn't free 6E I believe.

It's too far to walk in my opinion but walking the walk if you haven't done it is a must-do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi,

I have been to Dubrovnik 3 times on cruise ships once we were in the old port right by the old town, The next time with Azamara we were docked in the new port. They did run a shuttle bus from the port over the hill to just a short walk to the old town gates. I am going back with Quest this October so hope they will run a shuttle bus although it is a shorter stop than in the past so not sure if they will or not.

Gareth

It would be helpful if Bonnie could tell us the position re Dubrovnik for the 2014 Quest schedules when she gets a chance, thanks

Ive asked re Dubrovnik position. Will ask again.

Ive asked re Dubrovnik position. Will ask again.

Here's what I'm told re the Dubrovnik Shuttle:

"It depends on the docking situation (which we often don't know until very close in.)

If we dock, then yes, we have a shuttle.

If we anchor off and tender Guests in, then no shuttle, as the tender pier is right in the downtown area."

Here's what I'm told re the Dubrovnik Shuttle:

"It depends on the docking situation (which we often don't know until very close in.)

If we dock, then yes, we have a shuttle.

If we anchor off and tender Guests in, then no shuttle, as the tender pier is right in the downtown area."

Excellent, though I have no idea why they are selling excursion DUD5 Dubrovnik on your own £17.75 if there is either an included shuttle or a downtown tender pier unless of course I am needing a Dubrovnik geography lesson (which is perfectly possible)