Port Canaveral-Return Rental-drop off family 1st?

dehebe

We will be renting a car from MCO and staying at the Country Inn the night before the cruise. We do not plan on any site seeing. When is it best to drop the car off.

Would I be better off dropping the rental off the night before the cruise,

after we get settled in at the hotel and then the four of us (wife, two teens & I) and four pieces of luggage take the shuttle (or taxi?)to the Ship in the morning?

Or

Are we better off all going to drop the rental off the morning of the cruise and the four of us with four pieces of luggage take the shuttle to the ship?

Or

Do I drop the luggage and family off at the ship in the morning, take the rental back, then take the rental shuttle back to the ship to hopefully meet up with the frowning family, asking me where the h.e. double hockey sticks have I been? Or will they leave w/o me? Any idea how long it would take for this option?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

On the morning of the cruise, my DH dropped myself and 2 teens off at Port and then he took the rental car back himself and took the shuttle back to Port. We just waited for him outside before we went in. We had a Budget rental and for some reason very slow shuttle service. We waited 1 hr before he got back.

That was what I was afraid of,not getting back in a timely manner. On our last cruise out of the Port we were in a cab and had to wait in a line

for an open drop off spot. Not sure what to do because I have also read about the shuttles from the hotel to the ship being full. We will be leaving early so hopefully we will "beat the traffic".:)

On the morning of the cruise, my DH dropped myself and 2 teens off at Port and then he took the rental car back himself and took the shuttle back to Port. We just waited for him outside before we went in. We had a Budget rental and for some reason very slow shuttle service. We waited 1 hr before he got back.

We will be doing the same thing. Can you go inside to wait? If I have to wait for an hour outside in the heat I will wilt.

Same experience for us. Took DH 1 hr to get back. We waited outside on the grassy strip between the luggage drop off and the entrance to the port building. Great people watching. We could have gone inside, but it was our first cruise and we wanted to experience it all together. It was frustrating waiting for DH to return as we were so excited to board and the hour dragged. If you go this route, make sure the teens have their Ipods all charged up.

I think I would recommend dropping off the car in the evening and then taking a taxi to the pier in the morning. Not sure what the fare is, but the hotel is close, so it can't be too expensive. Based on watching the frantic hoards of people at the hotel fighting for position in the shuttle line, giving each other icy stares, and evaluating the amount of luggage they were all taking, I can't ever imagine taking a hotel shuttle in the future!!

Last choice for me would be to all go to the rental place and come back on the shuttle with all of your luggage.

Have fun!

We will be renting a car from MCO and staying at the Country Inn the night before the cruise. We do not plan on any site seeing. When is it best to drop the car off.

Would I be better off dropping the rental off the night before the cruise,

after we get settled in at the hotel and then the four of us (wife, two teens & I) and four pieces of luggage take the shuttle (or taxi?)to the Ship in the morning?

Or

Are we better off all going to drop the rental off the morning of the cruise and the four of us with four pieces of luggage take the shuttle to the ship?

Or

Do I drop the luggage and family off at the ship in the morning, take the rental back, then take the rental shuttle back to the ship to hopefully meet up with the frowning family, asking me where the h.e. double hockey sticks have I been? Or will they leave w/o me? Any idea how long it would take for this option?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Option 3 and...

Also if there is a long line at Budget for the shuttle to take you to the ship is it possible to just take a taxi? Are there taxis in that area?

thanks

then take this idea. This is what we typically do. I do not like waiting for the shuttle.

We ended up taking the taxi because the free shuttle was a minimum hour wait to get to the ship. It cost us $10 to get to the ship on a taxi - well worth it!

Thanks. Are there taxis lined up at the Budget office in PC or if not how did you get a cab?

Thanks

Do you think we could talk to the hotel the night before and ask them to have a taxi called for a certain time? I also am not a huge shuttle fan, would rather go in a taxi. Haven't gone out of Port Canaveral in quite a long time. Last time we did do the shuttle, but I swore I wouldn't do that again.

In the past we have used the rental car to drop off luggage and then head back to the rental car office. We all take the shuttle to the ship, its not nearly as bad if you don't need to shlep all your luggage with you. Just another option.

Jim M

I dropped off my wife at pier then I took car to Budget. They gave out numbers for the shuttle and there we a lot of people waiting, at least and 25 people and luggage. During that time a gal in a taxi van pulled in and said donations only will get you to the port. There were a few of us that did it and glad we did. I heard of some of the people waited over and hour and a half for budget van.

I dropped off my wife at pier then I took car to Budget. They gave out numbers for the shuttle and there we a lot of people waiting, at least and 25 people and luggage. During that time a gal in a taxi van pulled in and said donations only will get you to the port. There were a few of us that did it and glad we did. I heard of some of the people waited over and hour and a half for budget van.

Good...I hope that gal shows up when we are there.

Archived