NCL your new drink cups suck!

Mr and Mrs C

We have been on four cruises with ncl and each time bought the unlimited soda package which gives you a travel mug to reuse. The first one was great, still have it and use it, second one okay, but starting to wear, this last one that we just got in January has water stuck in between the layers of the cup and is now all moldy! No way to get it apart to clean. Has never been in a dishwasher always washed by hand. I was looking forward to reusing this cup for years like the first one we got.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have been on four cruises with ncl and each time bought the unlimited soda package which gives you a travel mug to reuse. The first one was great, still have it and use it, second one okay, but starting to wear, this last one that we just got in January has water stuck in between the layers of the cup and is now all moldy! No way to get it apart to clean. Has never been in a dishwasher always washed by hand. I was looking forward to reusing this cup for years like the first one we got.

That definitely sucks.

We didn't even bring ours home from our January cruise because they leaked from the start & then started cracking after a couple days.

We don't bring them home anymore because they are so ugly

On the POA we received chrome trimmed frosted mugs that tout NCL that I love "flaunting". it.

The last Pepsi one we brought home, was due to, I used it to hold a make-up bottle that was trying to leak :D

Edited by SMerritt

If that's the worst thing that you have to complain about today then the day has been a success. :)

Amen to this...and I really wish people would pause to ponder the etymology of "sucks" before using it as an epithet for such ridiculously trivial issues.

Amen to this...and I really wish people would pause to ponder the etymology of "sucks" before using it as an epithet for such ridiculously trivial issues.

I wish people would appreciate the subtleties of tongue in cheek comments, even without the ;) or the :rolleyes:. I wept that I had no beer until I met a man that had no cup:cool:.

Edited by sparks1093

Congrats. You got the "Sucky" cup instead of the "Sippy" cup. The upgrade fairy strikes again.

thanks for making me smile, it always starts the day off better than a frawn.

As for the cups, I think about it this way: we have so many cups from this and that place, some great for travel, some not, I could care less. I go on a cruise to have a good time and don't pay much attention to little things like, can I use my soda cup again? OP, glad you had a great cruise, that is the thing to remember.

If the quality is down a ton then complaints are in order. The soda package is already a hit in the head, another reduction in what is provided by NCL is worth of complaint. If the cup cant even survive a week then I agree 100% it SUCKS. This is my first NCL cruise and this board has been nothing but nonsense "fanboys" Why did you and the other two above you feel the need to post this? You are not forwarding the conversation and you are attempting to trivialize someone else's post. It is rude and quite ignorant. Either ADD to the discussion or DONT POST

6&8

Edited by sixesandeights

I wish people would appreciate the subtleties of tongue in cheek comments, even without the ;) or the :rolleyes:. I wept that I had no beer until I met a man that had no cup:cool:.

delete ;) :)

Edited by biker@sea

A great point that all I can complain about ncl is their cup! I love ncl and think its great that all I can find fault with is their stinking cup!

Lighten up!

I really have no idea why anyone has a complaint about this thread. It's not like you are refusing to ever cruise NCL again because of their cup. Or are asking them to replace yours with a better one. You have just expressed your disappointment in something they gave you.

I would think this is the type of complaint that NCL would appreciate since it is such an easy fix for them. When they order new cups, they know to avoid re-ordering these, easy peasy.

I'd much prefer to read this type of thread than have people demanding policy changes or threatening law suits over ridiculous things.

I agree, posters lighten up, this is not a world problem, nor did the OP make it out to be they only expressed their opinion.

I really have no idea why anyone has a complaint about this thread. It's not like you are refusing to ever cruise NCL again because of their cup. Or are asking them to replace yours with a better one. You have just expressed your disappointment in something they gave you.

I would think this is the type of complaint that NCL would appreciate since it is such an easy fix for them. When they order new cups, they know to avoid re-ordering these, easy peasy.

I'd much prefer to read this type of thread than have people demanding policy changes or threatening law suits over ridiculous things.

I agree, posters lighten up, this is not a world problem, nor did the OP make it out to be they only expressed their opinion.

I agree. I would not threaten to sue, nor would it ruin my cruise, but I love souvenir mugs like this. They remind me of my vacation while toiling away at work. Unlike the OP, I've never cruised with NCL and would only have the one, and I would be more than a little sad if I had to throw it out.