Car Dealer Charters the Majesty of the Seas

I do not think it is much of a deal at $500 per couple. RCI could barely get $150pp last year during December.

So having to buy a car to pay the same or more is no bargain.

In March he "gave away" $1000 to anyone buying a car. This deal is significantly less.

Plus it probably won't get the double points if rci has the december celebration this year.

The $500/couple that I quoted it would cost included tips, parking and cost to drive from SW FL where the dealership is located and I am sure the $150/pp last year did not include the approx. $99/pp taxes. In the long run, it still isn't a great deal unless you are really in the market for a car and then it might be a nice perk.

Gregg

I posted this just for fun, but I believe, all other things being equal, that it is essentially a scam. As I am sure most of you are aware, there are very few balconies on this ship. When I say scam, I do not mean that you will not receive a short cruise in an inside cabin for buying a car, but who would otherwise book this ship.

Edited by jackdiamond

I posted this just for fun, but I believe, all other things being equal, that it is essentially a scam. As I am sure most of you are aware, there are very few balconies on this ship. When I say scam, I do not mean that you will not receive a short cruise in an inside cabin for buying a car, but who would otherwise book this ship.

Thousands of people per week, that's who!

Gregg

http://www.fuccillokiacapecoral.com/

He was not specific on the type of purchase. He says anyone who purchases a KIA in May.

I won't be buying a KIA either but I'd love to sail on that ship with him...bet it'll be loads of fun. Too bad I can't buy a ticket. That sailing is not available for sale anywhere that I could find. How did he pull this off, I wonder? Did he book the ship before the 2013 schedule came out?

No. He probably did not book before 2013.

My sister and I have been booked on this boat for over a month now. Not sure what's happening to our booking. We can't pull it up on "My Cruises" page on RCCL. Upon calling RCCL, they say the booking is still there.

We are waiting till this is all over to see what happens to our reservation. Will we be upgraded? Will they give us a good deal on another cruise? Will they do nothing? It is still 7 months away and it's not a big cruise.

I had the same feelings about it being a fun cruise with all these happy people and their winnings! Although I do tend to go to bed early!

...that it is essentially a scam. As I am sure most of you are aware, there are very few balconies on this ship....

I don't get your logic... :confused:

This is probably a huge deal to people who have never cruised. We're all a bit jaded.

A couple years ago, there was a story about a Korean company buying the Majesty.:confused:

Now, if you buy a Korean car, you can cruise on the Majesty.:rolleyes:

Maybe the details of the original story were lost in the translation.:eek:

The only scam is the dealership marks up the price of the car by the cost of the cruise. Otherwise its legit. Its even on the Royal Caribbean website.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do?hasSenior=&hasMilitary=&hasFireandPolice=&cruiseType=CO&state=&packageCode=MJ04Z055&date=201311&sailDate=1131209

RCI states that $1,000,000 is the ballpark figure for chartering Majesty in the off season for a 4-night cruise. If he is paying the full $1,000,000 (which I doubt), with 1178 rooms on Majesty that works out to about $848 per cabin.

Given the timing of the cruise in what is perhaps the cheapest week of the entire year to cruise out of South Florida, I bet he's probably shelling out closer to $700,000, or $594 per cabin. It might even be less than that.

According to the website, he is not paying for gratuities, taxes, and port fees. Each passenger is responsible for paying $155 to cover that.

So his only cost is the charter itself. Giving a $600 incentive to buy a car is certainly not unheard of. I'm sure in the fine print of the offer there are things like "all factory incentives assigned to dealer" and stuff like that. So he probably isn't having to take much of a financial hit (if any) to even offer this promo. Either that or he is just "discounting" each car $600 less than he did last month to make up for it.

And just think of all of the free advertising he's getting for it.

Edited by UCF_Knight

Is right! Any way the governemtn can take from ya, they will! LOL

Ophrah once gave away cars....the "winners" were stuck paying the Federal taxes on them until the show realized and ponied up the $$$$.

After all, it is only fair to Tax the winners in "life's lottery" (an old Al Gore phrase).

The commercial is playing where I live too.

It says "anyone who buys or leases a Kia."

I bet it'll be a fun cruise. I see him on TV all the time....his commercials, of course, but he seems to be present at a lot of charity events where he donates a substantial amount of $$$ .... good publicity, too.;):)

Buyers resposible for their own transportation. Since the dealership is only about a 3-4 hour drive from Miami, and most buyers will be from this general area, I would guess most would drive. As I said in an earlier post, it is not that great of a deal. I would rather just have the value deducted from the car if I was interested.

Gregg

Not true. His biggest dealerships are here in Syracuse, NY which is where he started out. He takes his salesmen on a cruise on the Princess if they meet their annual selling quota. Air from here to Miami is quite expensive right now.

We were living in Cape Coral when he brought his HUGE KIA dealership to town, he was staying at the Marina Village Resort, which is now a Westin as you know. We bought a house on 10th on a canal that was a mile or so away from there by boat.

He's a great guy and I'm sure it's for real. He was selling 100's of cars in a very short time. $500 is still a good deal.

Unfortunately, DH didn't like CC so we sold and moved back to TX. I miss it terribly.

He sure gives away a lot of money;)!

CruzinSuz, we moved to Cape Coral from Houston. We like the weather better here. Looks like you live in Clear Lake, beautiful area, too.

No. He probably did not book before 2013.

My sister and I have been booked on this boat for over a month now. Not sure what's happening to our booking. We can't pull it up on "My Cruises" page on RCCL. Upon calling RCCL, they say the booking is still there.

We are waiting till this is all over to see what happens to our reservation. Will we be upgraded? Will they give us a good deal on another cruise? Will they do nothing? It is still 7 months away and it's not a big cruise.

I had the same feelings about it being a fun cruise with all these happy people and their winnings! Although I do tend to go to bed early!

Interesting that you are booked on the Majesty. Keep us posted on what happens. I am curious to see if they upgrade you or offer you another cruise.

His crew is posting about the cruise on FB. It's showing up on my page since I "LIKE" Fuccillo Kia Cape Coral. :cool:

Yup - my 2 friends and I were originally booked on this cruise - RCCL hasn't even notified the one person in our group who booked through RCCL that she won't be going! Tsk tsk, RCCL - converting to a charter is one thing - but not making sure the affected passengers are aware first - well, that's just not good PR. I know, RCCL won't be losing anything when we don't rebook with them - BUT - people would certainly feel better if they thought you valued them!

Just my 2 cents about the realities of cruising.

Ivanna Cruz somewhere on December 9th - so I'm headed on over to see what the other lines have that week.

but who would otherwise book this ship.

Not everyone needs a Royal Promenade, Flowrider or even a balcony cabin to enjoy their cruise :)

MANY people book this ship every week. MANY repeat Royal Caribbean cruisers even.

I would think Majesty is a cash cow for Royal Caribbean. Surely she is way past being paid for by now.

Yup - my 2 friends and I were originally booked on this cruise - RCCL hasn't even notified the one person in our group who booked through RCCL that she won't be going! Tsk tsk, RCCL - converting to a charter is one thing - but not making sure the affected passengers are aware first - well, that's just not good PR. I know, RCCL won't be losing anything when we don't rebook with them - BUT - people would certainly feel better if they thought you valued them!

Just my 2 cents about the realities of cruising.

Ivanna Cruz somewhere on December 9th - so I'm headed on over to see what the other lines have that week.

This cruise is 7 months away. I too am booked on this cruise but, will wait till the end of June to see what they have to offer us. The special Huge has is for the month of May. They have to have their fees paid by the end of June. Huge is giving away inside rooms (and window rooms?). Here's hoping that they will up grade us to a balconey or junior suite at that time.

It is only a 4 night cruise!! My daughter knows someone who planned for a year for a 10 or 12 night Carnival cruise in Europe last month. The cruise was cancelled 1 or 2 weeks before departure. Now that is something to be upset about.

You will probably agree that the itinerary for this cruise is better than some of the other short cruises. Check out your other options but, I wouldn't jump ship too soon.

Well, we got the call today. It's official and our booked cruise has been cancelled due the Huge reserving the whole boat. Basically all they are offering is $100 OBC on one of 5 select cruises. But, $100 on a 4 day cruise isn't too bad. My sister and I will have to discuss this.

I hope everyone that goes on the 9th has a good time!!

Well, we got the call today. It's official and our booked cruise has been cancelled due the Huge reserving the whole boat. Basically all they are offering is $100 OBC on one of 5 select cruises. But, $100 on a 4 day cruise isn't too bad. My sister and I will have to discuss this.

I hope everyone that goes on the 9th has a good time!!

I am sorry to hear this for you guys! :(

It does in indicate, however, that Fuccillo is telling the truth and that he indeed booked the entire ship.

I got 2 big pamphlets in the mail this week promoting this cruise. He must spend a ton on advertizing. I love his TV ads though.

Hope you find another fun cruise that'll suit you just as well and have a great time. Not sure $100 OBC is that good of a deal, though!

Received my call from RCI today about the "redeployment" as they phrased it. I really dislike the practice of a line booking rooms and then pulling the rug out on those who have made plans. I sincerely hope those getting the promotional cruise enjoy themselves, but I sincerely hope that the dealer and RCI take a financial bath on this one.

First I want to say that lots of groups & businesses charter ships and passengers are displaced. It is terrible for the passengers displaced but I do not think the lines will stop chartering anytime soon. I live in Cape Coral & this guy, not dealership, has helped this community in so many ways, not just to the city, but the state as well and several Charities. When he gave away cars people came from all over the state & they had to shut down Pine Island road. When I post something I want to be able to back it up. This is from newspapers after he first arrived here & he is still giving. They cannot all be lying. He is a business man doing wonderful things. He is doing just fine without advertising anywhere, especially here. He is paying back. So blast me if you want, I can take it:D

http://preview.search.aol.com/aol/search?enabled_terms=&s_it=comsearch51&q=Fuccillo+Kia+Cape+Coral+gave+matching+funds

I wonder how he will decide who gets inside rooms, ocean view rooms and the few balcony rooms.

The more options you put into the car the higher cabin category you get? A navigation system with a premium sound system with 21 speakers and quadruple woofers coupled with a 15 band equalizer may land you an owners suite.

• 3 months later...

I am going on this cruise. I can't wait. The cost to us was $155 per person. ($99 taxes, $48 prepaid gratuities, and $10 document fees) It is going to be great!!! Cabin selection was random, but we were fortunate, we got an oceanview room, front of ship, on deck 4. Whoo hoo!!!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I bought a very basic Kia Soul, no additional features, I didn't even get a key fob. And it is manual transmission. Cheapest one on the lot & I got an oceanview room. So, I believe it really was random, otherwise I would have an interior room on the bottom deck way in the back of the ship.