Equinox Hump Question

packedandready

Are all the angled balconies the same size or does it depend on where on the angle it is? Trying to find out if the balcony on 7206 (front hump) is the same size as 7264 (back hump). I've tried searching and can't find anything except it's a "larger" balcony. Thanks

I've checked the sticky and 7206 is not listed

Are all the angled balconies the same size or does it depend on where on the angle it is? Trying to find out if the balcony on 7206 (front hump) is the same size as 7264 (back hump). I've tried searching and can't find anything except it's a "larger" balcony. Thanks

1st & 3rd going either way from the center are the largest, 2nd & 4th are nice also and better than a standard balcony by a long shot.

I started to answer this question - then realized I had misinterpreted your question. My answer doesn't apply to your question, since the geography of 7206 & 7204 may be different. Looking at the picture, I'd guess it is the same, but I'm not sure. Has anyone listed cabin 7159 in the list?

For the sake of others who are asking the question I answered, here is my answer: Angled balconies on the hump are not all the same size but the first front is the same as the last back, the second front = next to last back, last front = same as first back. It is related to the geography of the decks & cabins.

Beth = guess I have to learn to read more carefully.

Back aft on the hump, the first and third off the hump, both forward and aft of the hump, are the largest -- 2nd and 4th large, but only about a foot or so in length shorter.

Up forward, 7206 on the starboard side, and 7159 on the port side are the first angles off the forward hump, and are the same size as those 1st and 3rd back aft - the largest of the balconies.

You mention 7264 - yes that is the largest balcony -- same size as 7206.

Back aft on the hump, the first and third off the hump, both forward and aft of the hump, are the largest -- 2nd and 4th large, but only about a foot or so in length shorter.

Up forward, 7206 on the starboard side, and 7159 on the port side are the first angles off the forward hump, and are the same size as those 1st and 3rd back aft - the largest of the balconies.

You mention 7264 - yes that is the largest balcony -- same size as 7206.

I'm confused about the language in some of the replies--"on the hump", "off the hump", "in from the hump". I thought I had a "hump cabin/angled balcony. I was in 9268 on the Reflection. Can someone please explain exactly what this cabin was and if one of the other "hump" cabins would have been better.

I'm confused about the language in some of the replies--"on the hump", "off the hump", "in from the hump". I thought I had a "hump cabin/angled balcony. I was in 9268 on the Reflection. Can someone please explain exactly what this cabin was and if one of the other "hump" cabins would have been better.

Here's a thumbnail that shows the "hump" area. You had an angled cabin forward off the hump. The hump area is cabins 9272 to 9290. The forward angled cabins are 9270 to 9264. The first & third cabins off the hump, 9270 and 9266 have the largest balconies. 9268 and 9264 have the second largest balconies. The port side of the thumbnail shows the proportions of the balcony sizes.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

Archived