Carnival Sunshine 12 Med 18/8

Dead-metal

Got on the ship yesterday. The new bits are really nice. The original bits are really grotty. The whole ship smells of sewage.

There are buckets collecting dripping water from ceilings throughout the ship.

I don't think the staff are very good either. None seem very caring.

Just my thoughts.

Got on the ship yesterday. The new bits are really nice. The original bits are really grotty. The whole ship smells of sewage.

Just my thoughts.

That's what we keep on reading, but it's like Snap Chat on here regarding those reviews.

Just got off and stuck at bcn airport hotel with cancelled flighti was all over decks 4 and above. Only smell was on deck 4 n 5 around the liquid lounge. Thats it unless its below deck 4

drip bucks on deck 6 and in front of sunrise mdr deck 3 plus a few others. Not sure why they cant fix them but it appears to be coming from stainless?? Lines are just above the ceiling fwiw.*

Ice cream machine was down once.*Otherwise it was a fantastic cruise.*

Got on the ship yesterday. The new bits are really nice. The original bits are really grotty.

This confuses me. I read the Shultz poster state somewhere this was a new ship on a recycled hull. Is this not true? There are original bits?

Just got off and stuck at bcn airport hotel with cancelled flighti was all over decks 4 and above. Only smell was on deck 4 n 5 around the liquid lounge. Thats it unless its below deck 4

drip bucks on deck 6 and in front of sunrise mdr deck 3 plus a few others. Not sure why they cant fix them but it appears to be coming from stainless?? Lines are just above the ceiling fwiw.*

Does this mean no decks are new? Are we being mislead?

Does this mean no decks are new? Are we being mislead?

Im not sure what was below the surface but all things considered and knowing carnival is a value cruise line, the Sunshine exceeded our expectations. IMO it was a fantastic bargain. I also should say the mdr staff and housekeeping staff were A++

Sad that these reports are still coming forth. Sounds like while the ship is still over across the pond it should be taken out of service for a month to repair all these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

One thing's for sure. Someone by now must be kicking themselves in the pants for renaming this ship. Sunshine has a worse stigma than Destiny ever had.

I am now reading on some technical sites that the ship can't sail full of fuel without the ship listing. Which would mean it would have to be taken out of service to fix being it couldn't cross the Atlantic without a refueling along the way.

One thing's for sure. Someone by now must be kicking themselves in the pants for renaming this ship. Sunshine has a worse stigma than Destiny ever had.

I am now reading on some technical sites that the ship can't sail full of fuel without the ship listing. Which would mean it would have to be taken out of service to fix being it couldn't cross the Atlantic without a refueling along the way.

Really..could you provide a link to these "technical" sites? Seeings how we're booked on the Sunshine TA in November, I'm now curious as to whether or not we are we going to spend 6 days leaning one way or another, or is a tanker going to meet the Sunshine part way across the Atlantic to refuel to make it the rest of the way?

Just my thoughts.

This is the second review I've read about buckets collecting some form of water. What's dripping into them? Water, gray water? sewer? Would you happen to have any pictures?

The time when I thought this was a new ship and I was then corrected, thankfully it was said this (Was a new ship, just in a recycled hull). How does stuff like this happen if it's basically a new ship, in a hull as old as my daughter? Am I incorrect that this ship has been sailing for a little more than two months? Guess I must be slower than I think, should it be having all these reported issues? Hope all is fixed before my family and I board her in December.

July 23, 2013 Carnival CEO Cahill says all is fine with the ship. That was less than a month ago he stated this to Cruise Critic. Is he that disconnected from his company he has no clue in what he is saying to the public if all these recent reports are true? Then to pass the buck that the problems were because of vandalism?

Talk about passing the buck. Wow, this is crazy. Shame on me on not doing better research. I hope all these cruisers that just got off this ship comes back with more pictures and such. Thank you, by the way with your forthright information.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2013/07/23/live-from-carnival-sunshine-issues-fixed/

July 23, 2013 | By Adam Coulter

"The problems the ship encountered on its maiden voyage — and were widely reported by our members – seem to have been dealt with.

These included a number of the new spa cabins being out of use because of a variety of problems, including faulty plumbing, no air conditioning and no electricity.

What’s most interesting about these is the revelation by Cahill that the problems were caused by vandalism in the shipyard before the new cabins were installed. Staff were unable to “stress test” the cabins, he said. Instead, fare-paying passengers were the first to experience the new cabins — and all the ensuing problems.

I’m happy to report that apart from one or two leaks I spotted in corridors (which might not be related to the original issues), the affected cabins were all working fine."

I'm no carnival cheerleader but having sailed on sunshine and yes, I saw buckets in the hall catching dripping water, but it did not at all affect my cruise. It was awesome therefore anyone sailing on her, please do not worry. I worried too with some of the feedback before I went and honestly, it was the best time ever!! I have smelled that sewage smell on RCL too. I did not smell it on the sunshine although I'm sure it was there cause I've heard it can pop up on all ships at some time.

It is a great ship...happy sailings everyone! ( just get a deck chair early on sea days, lolol!!)

I'm no carnival cheerleader but having sailed on sunshine and yes, I saw buckets in the hall catching dripping water, but it did not at all affect my cruise. It was awesome therefore anyone sailing on her, please do not worry. I worried too with some of the feedback before I went and honestly, it was the best time ever!! I have smelled that sewage smell on RCL too. I did not smell it on the sunshine although I'm sure it was there cause I've heard it can pop up on all ships at some time.

It is a great ship...happy sailings everyone! ( just get a deck chair early on sea days, lolol!!)

Let em go on and on brenda. If a few buckets on the floor ruin their cruise so be it. Its not a big deal on the ship but for really bizarre reasons it is on this message board????

I was on the same voyage as brendacruise and I never saw any of this. Sewage smell? Never. Buckets? Where? The ship is beautiful. We booked her again for December right after we got back. Remember, just because it was on the Internet doesn't mean it was true. And from what I have seen here, there are people willing to complain about every little thing. And there are people that clearly were not on the ship who are willing to say how things are, without actually being there. Relax and have fun. You will have a terrific time.

Archived