Hotel at Nice airport

Capri73

We are flying from PHX so we arrive at 7:30 pm the night before he cruise.We have stayed in NIce in the past but literally we just need to sleep .Thought maybe stay at the airport and the next afternoon head over to the ship.

Budget is adequate.

We are flying from PHX so we arrive at 7:30 pm the night before he cruise.We have stayed in NIce in the past but literally we just need to sleep .Thought maybe stay at the airport and the next afternoon head over to the ship.

Budget is adequate.

There is no real advantage at staying at the airport, just disadvantages. You are stuck there and it's soulless. You can't really walk anywhere.

If you want moderate price small room then The Holiday Inn on Victor Hugo isn't bad. Many of the aircrews go there. The main advantage is that once you are booked in your a pleasant short walk to the pedestrian precinct, Promenade des Anglais and Old Town. You'll want to have a wander in the evening around the old town. It would be a shame not to have a wander in the evening. The taxi fare is of the order of 40 euros ish to the hotel and I guess 20ish from the hotel to the port. If it's really stormy check the boat is in Nice, because they sometimes go to Villefranche when it's stormy. If you want a touch more space and don't want hotel services then Citadines on Buffa might be worth a look. You can get a one bed appartment for the night and there are places downstairs that open til,late and sell home cooked food for you to take back if you can't be bothered to eat out. The other Citadines should be avoided. Anyway, that's a starting point for you.

I wouldn't pay any more in Nice than the Holiday Inn. Lot's of different rates round.

Enjoy your trip.

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I have stayed at the Novotel Nice Cap 3000 twice for pre-cruise stay. It is fine for an overnight and they offer a complimentary airport shuttle bus. It is opposite the Cap 3000 shopping mall (open until 9pm) and 5 minutes walk from many quai-side restaurants frequented by locals. I used a car service from the hotel to the pier and it was either 36 or 40 Euros if I can recall (two years ago).

If you are going to be in Nice longer than an overnight, I would stay somewhere else.

Even if it's just overnight, don't limit yourself to the airport. We stayed overnight at the Hotel Suisse. If I remember, we did get a decent rate, but I'm sure you could do even better in the same location.

If for no other reason but to have a pleasant walk around and nice food options for dinner or breakfast.

Even if it's just overnight, don't limit yourself to the airport. We stayed overnight at the Hotel Suisse. If I remember, we did get a decent rate, but I'm sure you could do even better in the same location.

If for no other reason but to have a pleasant walk around and nice food options for dinner or breakfast.

It is puzzling to me why anyone would travel so far and arrive in Nice, and then stay at the airport rather than in town which is a 20 minute ride. Nice is very walkable and the cours saleya, promenade and old town absolutely magical at night. I know the area extremely well.

One can only recommend. Each to their own. :)

I completely agree with you. We have a very long flight and will be arriving quite late. We thought it would be easier. Have been to Nice a few times and agree it is beautiful. Our last visit we were there 7 days.

I was just looking for suggestions. We will probably stay in Nice.

Does your cruise leave from Nice or from Monte Carlo?

Last May we enjoyed three days in Nice before heading to Monte Carlo to embark on the Odyssey. We decided, naively, to enjoy the train ride, and these were our findings:

Long, very slow, lines to secure tickets;

Although in first class, many standing due to overbooking (and this was May!);

Escalators not in working order, had to haul luggage;

Outside terminal under construction, hard to find a taxi stand.

Hopefully those using the train now will have a better experience.

Happy sailing!

If the OP had said they were taking the ship from Monte Carlo and not Nice then I would have suggested exactly the same. ;)

I hate MC passionately but the night before a cruise would have swung MC or close by in favour of Nice on the basis of avoiding the road in between on the day which can be fretful.

What is the best way to get from Nice to the port in MC? We are going to be cruising in November departing from Monte Carlo. We will be in Nice before the cruise as my husband is running the Nice to Cannes marathon the weekend prior. We have an apartment already rented in Nice, so switching to a hotel in MC is not really a possibility.

if you want to pay a little more for the hotel : Beau Rivage near the opera house and the flower market - i always do use it before a cruise

trains can be very crowded : try to take trains Nice Monte Carlo not calling in the small villages howver be careful not to board a high speed train

on of the nicest restaurant for fish in Nice is Rolancy Les Viviers - they do have a bistrot as well

around the port the restaurants are rather touristic - on Quai des deux Emmanuel there are a few decent ones -- however on the corner of place garribaldi there is a resto where you can eat "plain" seafood ( oysters shrimps lobster smoked salmon ... )

bst time to reach monte carlo from nice is after noon to 2 pm

What is the best way to get from Nice to the port in MC? We are going to be cruising in November departing from Monte Carlo. We will be in Nice before the cruise as my husband is running the Nice to Cannes marathon the weekend prior. We have an apartment already rented in Nice, so switching to a hotel in MC is not really a possibility.

Bite the bullet and pre-order a taxi.

if you want to pay a little more for the hotel : Beau Rivage near the opera house and the flower market - i always do use it before a cruise

trains can be very crowded : try to take trains Nice Monte Carlo not calling in the small villages howver be careful not to board a high speed train

on of the nicest restaurant for fish in Nice is Rolancy Les Viviers - they do have a bistrot as well

around the port the restaurants are rather touristic - on Quai des deux Emmanuel there are a few decent ones -- however on the corner of place garribaldi there is a resto where you can eat "plain" seafood ( oysters shrimps lobster smoked salmon ... )

bst time to reach monte carlo from nice is after noon to 2 pm

I think you mean Café de Turin. No nonsense and it is where we always go. Wonderful. No fancy service just very fresh seafood in an authentic atmosphere. Very old established. In our view the very best by a mile in Nice.

Avoid almost everywhere around Cours Saleya where a dozen oysters often means 11 for tourists ...... and you really need to check the bill ..... and only slightly better around the quay where all the rich boaties go.

http://www.cafedeturin.fr/la-carte/

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ca...w=1536&bih=717

Jeff

Edited by UKCruiseJeff
spelling

Better than a taxi (but a little more expensive) you can book a helicopter from Nice Airport to Monaco. I think it's Heli Air Monaco. Check out the info on Trip Advisor. The transfer from Nice to Monaco flies along Cote dAzur providing great views. If you are coming in from overseas you can join the helicopter without leaving the airport precinct. It runs regularly like a taxi service.

yes - that is the name of the place ...:)

could not catch the name however i was there so many times

i never go to a restauarnt on Cours Saleya - but the former French president was a client at La petite Maison

Thought so ... you have excellent taste if you returned many times to Cafe Turin!

To others visitng Nice, the Cours Saleya is the flower market during the day, except Mondays when it is a flea market but at night it is an atmospheric place where the restaurants expand the tables and chairs.

However, we no longer eat there after several problems. The one exception for us is the lunch of the day fixed menu at Le Safari. The chops are cooked in the wood fired pizza oven alongside the jacket potatos and they also have deep fried courgette flowers in season. At other places, tourists can face bill inflation, short wheights or sea food counts, rudeness if tips are considered inadequate even though "service compris" so whilst most never experience problems we have over the years and now avoid.

Better than a taxi (but a little more expensive) you can book a helicopter from Nice Airport to Monaco. I think it's Heli Air Monaco. Check out the info on Trip Advisor. The transfer from Nice to Monaco flies along Cote dAzur providing great views. If you are coming in from overseas you can join the helicopter without leaving the airport precinct. It runs regularly like a taxi service.

This is an option if you are going straight through but isn't cheap. If you are staying in Nice that will involve a taxi back to the airport and for cruise passengers with luggage a taxi at the Monaco end. You say "a little more expensive" so how much more than a taxi do you think the trip will be in total?

Edited by UKCruiseJeff