Looking for a decent everyday shoe

pampaul

I've been a long time wearer of Crocs. I wear them just about everyday (except winter). But I HATE wearing them on a cruise (especially when walking near the pool areas). They are SLIPPERY!!! I have an injured knee as it is so I'm always careful of the way I walk, but if I have to walk near the pool area for any reason, I am super careful. I'd like a shoe that could possibly be a slip on with a good grip on the bottom so I don't have to worry much about the wet deck.

Any suggestions?

Crocs can't be beat for comfort - I love them. Except when the soles become slightly worn and a drop of water can be like walking on ice.

My favorite everyday shoes are clogs by Springstep. They come in solid colors or wild designs. I am fond of the colorful ones.... they are very comfortable. Or Softwalks. They are sturdy, yet lightweight, and non-skid.

Crocs are ugly as hell..don't wear them in public...surely your feet aren't as huge as crocs make them look!

Just find a nice flip-flop with plenty of texture on the sole. AND, on the part that touches your foot....any sandal can be slippery when wet!

Wear a tennis/athletic shoe, if you really want to be sure-footed.'

Love Merrils & Tevas. I've just discovered Oofos. They weigh nothing, are machine washable & are made in US, cost $25-30. Most comfortable, cushioned sandal I've ever had on my foot

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have a couple pairs of these and love them!!! :) They come in 11-12 colors and are super light and very flexible. I ordered half a size larger.

http://www.smartertravel.com/blogs/today-in-travel/product-review-propet-travel-walker-ii-our-first-perfect-10-score.html?id=12025522

They also come in a backless slip on style.

My first pair bought at garage sale for $1, lasted 10 years. Great deck shoe traction. Goes in water too.I also use them when I will be on my feet for say 5 miles on shore.

Edited by zoncom

I bought turquoise, black & white oofos, now on the hunt for a hot pink pair. DH said, bring them all, they don't weigh anything! Woo hoo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Skechers GoWalk slip ons are great - they are extremely lightweight, lots of cushion in the soles, and very comfortable - and the sole is very soft, so I feel sure they would not be slippery on damp surfaces. QVC has them on TSV today! :)

Skechers GoWalk slip ons are great - they are extremely lightweight, lots of cushion in the soles, and very comfortable - and the sole is very soft, so I feel sure they would not be slippery on damp surfaces. QVC has them on TSV today! :)

I work for Starbucks-you can imagine how slippery that back line gets! I wear the GoWalk shoes at work frequently and have never slipped on the tile floors. I am pretty certain they will be good for the deck (and they really are comfortable!)

Sebago Docksiders and/or Sperry deck shoes. If you've got a few bucks to spend, check out West Marine's list of competitive sailing shoes. Crocs and flip flops are suicidal on a wet deck. Throw them overboard along with the walkie talkies, lanyards and cheap tuxedos.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Guest maddycat

I work for Starbucks-you can imagine how slippery that back line gets! I wear the GoWalk shoes at work frequently and have never slipped on the tile floors. I am pretty certain they will be good for the deck (and they really are comfortable!)

DSW has the Sketchers. The link is below.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe-brands/collection/women/skechers/300222/page-1/

I like Merrell slides for everyday sandals, at home and on cruises. Although it seems like the latest pair is not as well-made as previously; lighter in the sole.

The problem with recommending shoes is that everyone's feet are so different. For instance, I love my Merrell's, my sister-in-law can't wear them but loves Berkies; I can't wear them. I've tried Crocs but apparently I am in between sizes and they feel awful. (Not to mention how they look.)

I'd like to try the Skeechers Go Walk but the sizing doesn't seem right--do they run big? My usual 7's seem too long and wide. Do you wear athletic socks with them?

Guest maddycat
I like Merrell slides for everyday sandals, at home and on cruises. Although it seems like the latest pair is not as well-made as previously; lighter in the sole.

The problem with recommending shoes is that everyone's feet are so different. For instance, I love my Merrell's, my sister-in-law can't wear them but loves Berkies; I can't wear them. I've tried Crocs but apparently I am in between sizes and they feel awful. (Not to mention how they look.)

I'd like to try the Skeechers Go Walk but the sizing doesn't seem right--do they run big? My usual 7's seem too long and wide. Do you wear athletic socks with them?

I just bought my 2nd pr. of Skechers today. One pr. is the "Go walk". In those I took my regular size. The other pr. is the "on-the-Go". Those I bought 1/2 size smaller. I don't wear sock with either style.

I'm sharing this...without personal knowledge yet.

Picking my DS up from school on Friday, another Mom was wearing the cutest most comfortable looking sandals. I had to ask her about them. They are Sanuk brand. The soles are YOGA MATS. The tops are like t-shirt material. She said they were so comfortable. I didn't not think to ask if they had a good grip...so this is the big question...but easy slip on and off, comfortable, cute and potentially with a good grip in a variety of colors...good with skirts, shorts, pants...I'm grabbing a picture that shows the style well, but tons of available colors and patterns...here is a picture:

2511410-p-LARGE_SEARCH.jpg

Sanuk brand Yoga Sling 2 style...

The outsole says rubber sponge. Sounds like it wouldn't slip?

I have fallen in love with a fairly new brand called Ahnu. They have all kinds of styles, but the flats with actual arch support are incredibly comfortable and light weight. It seems almost like ballet shoes with good support in them.

I'm a Jambu girl. Great traction, big variety of styles, long wearing. I've got 2 pairs that I bought back in 2007 (when they were still called J-41) and they are still going strong. Some of the ones I've bought in the past work from the beach, in the water, to dinner that night. they even have some vegan shoes - I've got a pair of tall boots that are "vegan" leather - love 'em!

I just bought my 2nd pr. of Skechers today. One pr. is the "Go walk". In those I took my regular size. The other pr. is the "on-the-Go". Those I bought 1/2 size smaller. I don't wear sock with either style.

Love Skechers but have a problem wearing some of their shoes sockless. The tag is a piece of 'vinyl' sewn to the tongue. The vinyl sticks to my skin, causing a rash. :mad: Can't cut out or use a seam ripper.

I love Sketchers also but my new go to sandal is a pair of BearTraps. I love them. They fit so well I don't even feel I am wearing a shoe. They have a good no skid sole and are the most comfortable pair of sandals I've ever worn. Love Famous Footwear for good deals.