Is this possible from cabin steward

amazinglife

Absolutely! That's a very very normal request. Also ask for more hangers for the closet if you want. You can ask him/her also to remove the wooden hangers which take up more room and replace them all with wire hangers. And take out the contents of the mini bar if you want the space for other things.

Have fun!

If you are in a Concierge & above room it will come with a bottle of Sparkling & Tall Futes automatically.

This can be augmented with other wine glasses, a Wine Bucket... And if needed a Corkscrew.

Other classes can certainly get these items just by asking.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

In enlightened parts of the wine world, still wine is mainly capped with a Stelven closure (Screw cap). It keeps wine fresher and more reliable so no need for a Cork screw. ;)

Bubbles are another matter...but corkscrew not required there either.

cheers

The standard room ice bucket (which may or may not be in your room, but will appear if you request one) is not large enough to chill a bottle of wine. There are special buckets for this purpose, and again, just ask for one and the room steward will take care of it for you, along with the correct number of wine glasses or flutes, and a corkscrew if you request one.

Upon request will the cabin steward bring us a corkscrew, wine glasses and ice bucket with ice in it to put our champagne in?

Never needed a corkscrew to open any Champagne

that I have ever had :(

I had read about asking the steward to remove items from mini bar, but when I did so, he refused, telling me that I'd have to do that myself.

I never asked about this on future cruises and removed items myself if I wanted space, leaving them on desktop area.

Perhaps this was just a steward who didn't want to bother with it.

I had read about asking the steward to remove items from mini bar, but when I did so, he refused, telling me that I'd have to do that myself.

I never asked about this on future cruises and removed items myself if I wanted space, leaving them on desktop area.

Perhaps this was just a steward who didn't want to bother with it.

Good thing he didn't tell me that. next call would of been to the Housekeeping Manager demanding a new cabin attendent.

As someone else mentioned, it is a common request. This attendant was just lazy.

Edited by emcee207

Good thing he didn't tell me that. next call would of been to the Housekeeping Manager demanding a new cabin attendent.

As someone else mentioned, it is a common request. This attendant was just lazy.

Just tell him you are going down to guest relations and remove the automatic tips. :rolleyes:

In enlightened parts of the wine world, still wine is mainly capped with a Stelven closure (Screw cap). It keeps wine fresher and more reliable so no need for a Cork screw. ;)

cheers

:p:p:D:D

cheers

Good to know about both the above and the Corkscrew you can request---

- here I have been just smashing the neck of the bottle on the railing and pouring the wine-- those little shards of glass are so hard to get out that I usually just swallow them!!!

When do they do the inventory to charge you if you have removed all the items on Day 1?

We always remove it ourselves and tell the steward -- we've never had any issues with accidental charges -- we put it back the last night.

Perhaps. But even if they take the items out, they just stash them in the room somewhere, possibly under the bed r at the back of a closet. Stewards on Celebrity are usually pretty used to that request

We had a refusal to remove the liquor on our last cruise on Infinity. The steward was from the Philippines and had worked for something like 17 yrs for Celebrity he said. We needed the space for medicine and just to not have it there. He told us that we were free to remove it.

We found this unacceptable - we are not in this category, but some fight to stay away from their toxic problems with alcohol; plus we didn't want to touch it, or have it loose in the room, rather than chance being charged for consumption. I felt like going to a "Friends of Bill W" meeting, and asking them how they handled a situation like that. And given that some have serious problems with alcohol, it is wrong that they will not remove it upon request.

We had pre-paid our gratuity, but for the first time we did not leave anything extra. We did slip his assistant, who was always stuck cleaning the bathroom (and did a good job), a bill when the sr attendant was not around.

We will be requesting an ice bucket for cooling drinks, along with daily ice in it on an upcoming trans-Atlantic - in Aqua Class. If there is refusal again, we will take it to a higher level this time plus a mention on the evaluation.

I've had stewards tell me that they cannot remove items from the mini-bar before, but I'm not sure it was on Celebrity. I didn't have a problem removing them myself, but I can see that it could be tempting to have them in the room if alcohol is a temptation.

I'm not sure it is a laziness problem (although it could be) but policy on some lines.

Yes, it is possible to have it locked.

In fact, we've had attendants forget to unlock it! Happened on both of our last two cruises. On the Feb one, the attendant came in on day one to check a few things, saw it was locked, noticed on our cards (sitting on the counter) that we both had the premium package, and asked if we wanted it unlocked since it didn't count on the package. We told her to just leave it locked since we wouldn't be using it..

In June, we had a room attendant that boarded late and just always seemed behind. Our mini-fridge was still locked when we boarded. When we went to use it a couple of days later, planning to grab a bottle of water then replace it later to avoid the charge, we found it was still locked. Oh, well. The Café AL Bacio was only one floor down.

Yes, the refrig can usually be locked.

But if you need to use it for insulin or some other medication (I had to take a liquid anti-biotic by mouth during the NZ/Australian cruise, which needed to be kept cool - had 2 good sized pharm bottles which had been prescribed at the wonderful Hamilton NZ hospital for a dangerous infection which nearly had me staying there, rather than at a B&B) or just wish to use it for soda, iced tea, water or your wine; then you need the space.

There was no trouble complying with this request on Oceania's Regatta.

We've always been able to get as many wine glasses of whatever type we needed from our cabin steward. If we found we needed these ASAP during a time the cabin steward was off I'd just go to a bar and ask for some for our cabin - no problem. While the'll have someone fill your request even when your normal cabin steward is off we've found it sometimes takes a while.

We've also frequently had our cabin steward ice down a bottle of white wine or champagne for us and they'll put it in a proper bucket designed for this. Sometimes takes a little while so if you know you'll want this ahead of time then ask ahead of time such as asking them in the morning to have it iced down by the time the ship sails from port that day.

Cork screws are sometimes a different matter. Sometimes it has taken the cabin steward time to find one, and sometimes not, but in any event they usually bring one of those cheap two piece plastic ones which I find difficult to use. Because of that I carry a basic $5 lever corkscrew in a bag of stuff I bring on all cruises.

When do they do the inventory to charge you if you have removed all the items on Day 1?

I'll frequently make room in the mini bar for our own wine I've brought on board. Sometimes I've had the cabin steward empty the bar but usually I just store a couple items from the mini bar elsewhere in the cabin. When I've done this I've either mentioned it to the cabin steward or left a note taped, or on a sticky, on the front of the mini bar which is located behind a cabinet door.