ft lauderdale hampton inn airport

luvkruzin

i was booked at the best western marina....there were several bad reviews so i have cancelled those....now i will be at either the hampton inn airport on stirling rd or the hampton inn airport north on 12th st...any advise on which one ...preferences....or maybe a different place..

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2211ff&cdt=2004;05;21;09;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

minitiere015.gif

Caribbean Princess 5/04

Explorer of the Seas 9/03

Victory 9/02

Sensation 10/01

Voyager of the Seas 9/00

Celebration 9/99

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in January and were very pleased with it. The rooms were nice. The staff was very helpful and courteous. They had a nice breakfast buffet that was complimentary. The hotel is across the parking lot from a strip mall that has a grocery store, liquor store, a couple fast food restaurants and a little pizza place. The free shuttle to and from the airport and to and from the cruiseport worked out well for us. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• 6 years later...
We stayed at the Hampton Inn in January and were very pleased with it. The rooms were nice. The staff was very helpful and courteous. They had a nice breakfast buffet that was complimentary. The hotel is across the parking lot from a strip mall that has a grocery store, liquor store, a couple fast food restaurants and a little pizza place. The free shuttle to and from the airport and to and from the cruiseport worked out well for us. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

And the price was?

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn on Stirling and thoroughly enjoyed it for the price. Nothing fancy but clean and met our needs just to relax a bit pre-cruise. We got it through Bookit dot com as the mystery hotel and paid $73 a night inclusive of taxes. Included pick up at airport, free breakfast and shuttle to pier. Nice leisurely walk to the Oakwood plaza where we went to eat and picked up beer, wine and soda for the cruise.

THIS THREAD IS 7 YRS OLD LOL!!! WHO CARES WHAT THE PRICE WAS IN 2004!!!??? :eek::rolleyes::D

LOL!

Now I don't feel so foolish for giving out Westin FLB area information to those folks at the Westin Diplomat.

Hey...Give billfish a break. At least s/he is doing research rather than asking the same questions that are asked in 12 threads on the first page.

If you were referring to my thread it was not 2004 but 2011. I booked it this past October as the mystery hotel and the price was $73/nite for Feb 25 + 26/2011.

THIS THREAD IS 7 YRS OLD LOL!!! WHO CARES WHAT THE PRICE WAS IN 2004!!!??? :eek::rolleyes::D

If you were referring to my thread it was not 2004 but 2011. I booked it this past October as the mystery hotel and the price was $73/nite for Feb 25 + 26/2011.

No, she was referring to billfish somehow finding a 7 year old thread and asking Geema how much they paid.

Unwittlingly, you answered his question, though.

No, she was referring to billfish somehow finding a 7 year old thread and asking Geema how much they paid.

That's right...posts 1 & 2 on this thread were from 2004, and the 3rd post was from 2 days ago asking the 2nd poster what they paid (in 2004).

I thought that was hysterical and really did LOL!

Now I'm confused.:confused: Last night I booked the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale @ 250 North Andrews Avenue. The clerk at the front desk told me that they do not offer a shuttle from port everglades. She recommended a taxi for approx. $20. Can anyone shed some light on this?

We just stayed at the Hampton Inn on Stirling and thoroughly enjoyed it for the price. Nothing fancy but clean and met our needs just to relax a bit pre-cruise. We got it through Bookit dot com as the mystery hotel and paid $73 a night inclusive of taxes. Included pick up at airport, free breakfast and shuttle to pier. Nice leisurely walk to the Oakwood plaza where we went to eat and picked up beer, wine and soda for the cruise.

Quick question re beer, wine, soda ... I stayed at this Hampton Inn 2 years ago and the only place I found for beer and wine at the Oakwood plaza was BJ's and w/o a membership they would not allow me to shop. Staying here again in April. Is there another store within walking distance that does carry beer/wine? Or perhaps someone else can answer. Thanks

canehdn in KC

Now I'm confused.:confused: Last night I booked the Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale @ 250 North Andrews Avenue. The clerk at the front desk told me that they do not offer a shuttle from port everglades. She recommended a taxi for approx. $20. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Different Hampton Inn. The one on Stirling does have a free shuttle from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port.

Darn!!

Thanks for the quick response.

Depending on how soon your travel date is, you could call the Hampton Inn on Stirling and just ask them to move your res from the other hotel to theirs. Their computers must be linked so I'm sure with your confirmation # in hand it would be easy for them to do. Unless of course you booked a non-refundable rate. You might want to check their web-site though as there may be a substantial price difference. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Quick question re beer, wine, soda ... I stayed at this Hampton Inn 2 years ago and the only place I found for beer and wine at the Oakwood plaza was BJ's and w/o a membership they would not allow me to shop. Staying here again in April. Is there another store within walking distance that does carry beer/wine? Or perhaps someone else can answer. Thanks

canehdn in KC

Kmart sells wine, not sure about beer. I heard you can buy liquor at BJs without memebership but not beer & wine. They also do guest passes for shopping sometimes but you will pay a small premium on the items.

Just there a couple weeks ago and Kmart does sell beer, wine coolers and wine.

Depending on how soon your travel date is, you could call the Hampton Inn on Stirling and just ask them to move your res from the other hotel to theirs. Their computers must be linked so I'm sure with your confirmation # in hand it would be easy for them to do. Unless of course you booked a non-refundable rate. You might want to check their web-site though as there may be a substantial price difference. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Just there a couple weeks ago and Kmart does sell beer, wine coolers and wine.

for your response re KMart. Was not aware they sell alcohol of any sort. BJ's did not offer a day pass last time around ... perhaps it's hit 'r miss. Thanks again to both of you for your information. Appreciate it. :)

canehdn in KC

Archived