Transportation from McKinley Princess to Telkeetna Airport

bwiley

Will the hotel shuttle take us to the airport or are there other transportation options? Wondering if we are stuck booking flightseeing through Princess or if can we get to the airport and book independently. TIA!

P.S. Meant Talkeetna Airport -- can't edit the title of my thread. Sorry:')

Welcome to cruise critic.

Use the CC search function for find private flight seeing operators in Talkeetna. But flight seeing excursions fill quickly, so if you want to do one you will need to book prior to arriving in Talkeetna.

Talkeetna is about 45 - 55 minutes drive from the McKinley View Princess. While Uber and Lyft started operating in Alaska earlier this summer (our governor had to sign legislation to allow this to happen due to our wage and hour regulations), I am not aware of any one offering such services in Talkeetna, which is a very small community. So you are probably stuck with using the Princess shuttle from the McKinley View to Talkeetna.

The hotel is about 45 minutes from Talkeetna. Where will the hotel shuttle drop you off?

Talkeetna is very small and the airport is just at the edge of town, a couple of blocks after you cross the railroad tracks. This map will show you the size of the town, the location of the airstrip, and the flightseeing vendors.

http://www.talkeetnachamber.org/uploads/pdf/talkeetna-map.pdf

The best idea is to let your luggage go ahead to the hotel and you hop off in town, That will save you a couple of hours.

I don't know what route the shuttle takes and whether it is a single drop off in town or multiple drop offs The map is very helpful and looks like we could walk to the airport from any point in town -- correct?

We are going Jun 2018 so plenty of time to book a flightseeing trip and I've read many of those reports. I just have to figure out if we can get to the airport,

Thanks so much!