Permitted swimwear

beckyboo1986

Hi all,

I just wondered whether it's normally acceptable to wear Brazillian biniki bottoms around the pool?

I know this is more a European thing so if it's likely to offend people then I'll buy some normal bottoms.

Obviously if I go anywhere away from the pool (even walking to a bar) I always cover up so it's not like I'll be walking around the ship with my booty out.

I couldn't really see a forum for attire so thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

If you are OK with people looking, they're OK with you wearing.

Enjoying the humor on this thread. Suspect there is no rule against it. However, the probability of seeing this would vary depending on the cruise line and the destinations. More likely on Carnival than Holland America, which usually attracts an older demographic. More likely in hot weather.

Have taken several cruises, never seen one.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

I just wondered whether it's normally acceptable to wear Brazillian biniki bottoms around the pool?

I know this is more a European thing so if it's likely to offend people then I'll buy some normal bottoms.

Obviously if I go anywhere away from the pool (even walking to a bar) I always cover up so it's not like I'll be walking around the ship with my booty out.

I couldn't really see a forum for attire so thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

There is definitely a fashion forum on here and your thread was transferred to it.:).......

Enjoying the humor on this thread. Suspect there is no rule against it. However, the probability of seeing this would vary depending on the cruise line and the destinations. More likely on Carnival than Holland America, which usually attracts an older demographic. More likely in hot weather.

Have taken several cruises, never seen one.

Mebbe its just me but a thong and a Brazilian bikini bottom are two different styles?

And on our honeymoon, we were on the Carnival Victory sailing out of San Juan. There was one woman who wore a thong as much as possible on board. Of course, when we were in St Maarten, she was the only one parading up and down Orient Beach topless. Not that I really noticed or anything.

Just got off the HAL Eurodam to Alaska - didn't see anything even remotely similar.......