Specialty Dining Reservations?

adcondon68

For a cruise 9 months from sailing they are not yet available.

We don't reserve in advance which requires pre-payment because we prefer to reserve onboard to use credits. As I recall on other cruises we've sailed they were available 3-6 months in advance.

How far out from your cruise will Princess let you make Specialty Dining Reservations, through the online reservations section?

We have seen them months in advance. We don't pre book.

Don't like being pinned down to a time.

Pre cruise I have only seen a limited times available for pre booking.

I think they do that so they are not booked up by the time passengers board that don't do the pre book.

I was thinking Chef’s Table Lumiere, Surly a lot of people would wish to attend and with a minimum number of seats available over the length of the cruise it would be good to book early. e.g. Majestic Princess and 3560 guests, some people are going to miss out?

Chef's Table is not available for pre-booking. You have to sign up either with the DINE Line, Dining Room staff or Passenger Services when you board. You will then be informed when it is being held.

I was thinking Chef’s Table Lumiere, Surly a lot of people would wish to attend and with a minimum number of seats available over the length of the cruise it would be good to book early. e.g. Majestic Princess and 3560 guests, some people are going to miss out?

With only 12 spots I am glad they don't allow pre booking of the Chef's Table (Luminaire).

They may do more than one per cruise based on interest.

It's a ton of extra work for MD/DR staff to put these on.

You just have to be pro active once you board.

I have never seen the specialty dining venues full in 39 cruises. Most times they are quite empty. No need for advanced reservations. Honestly, they are not worth the extra money.

We make reservations but once we attempted to be seated at Sabatini's because we noticed it was only half full but couldn't be seated. They explained that not every seat is reserved at the same time to not overload the kitchen & servers. So sometimes when there are empty seats that doesn't always mean they're available.