Summer 2019 collection

chris11256

Email from P&O this morning:

Pre-registration open 4 September 8.00am - 10 September 2017 4.00pm

Call 03453 555 111 (local call charges apply)

On sale for members of our Top Tiers11 September 2017 8.00am - 8.00pm

Exclusively for Caribbean, Baltic and Ligurian Tier Peninsular Club members

On general sale12 September 2017 8.00am

Holidays departing from March - May 2019

13 September 2017 8.00am

Holidays departing from June - October 2019

Is it me, or is this becoming a bit like Strictly?

Why don't they just come out with the itinerary and dates and be done with it, rather than send an email saying coming soon?

We will get the finer details in a week or so, and can then pre-register a week after that, and then books week after that.

I'd like some advice please.

I have noted how you all say it is best to book early for the best prices and although this is totally out of character for me I am taking your advice. However I don't understand the registration system. Do you all book before you know the exact price? Also is the registration price different from the price which is published after the launch, or will I be able to book a couple of days later and still get a good deal?

No, once the itineraries come out you will be able to see the prices and although I used to book on launch, that was when it was in April for the following year. Coming in September it's far too early for me to think about 2019.

I have noted how you all say it is best to book early for the best prices and although this is totally out of character for me I am taking your advice. However I don't understand the registration system. Do you all book before you know the exact price? Also is the registration price different from the price which is published after the launch, or will I be able to book a couple of days later and still get a good deal?

You will still get the same price a day or so after launch...So unless you MUST have a particular cabin, there is no real benefit to pre-registering.

I tend to book on opening day, as we have a few particular cabins we like, especially if it is for one of the less frequent cruises i.e. 35 days to Canada etc

Do it through a TA and you will get a price. Mine always beats P&O.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will still get the same price a day or so after launch...So unless you MUST have a particular cabin, there is no real benefit to pre-registering.

I tend to book on opening day, as we have a few particular cabins we like, especially if it is for one of the less frequent cruises i.e. 35 days to Canada etc

Yes, that's the one. I'm fairly easy about the cabin though.

Do it through a TA and you will get a price. Mine always beats P&O.

I booked my last cruise through a TA because of all the advice on here. However I wasn't greatly impressed, probably because I'm a bit of a control freak and like to do things myself. I was going to try the discount site which has been mentioned quite often.

Another question, please. I have a welcome home gift. If I book two cruises will I be able to choose which to use it on, or should I book them separately? The shorter cruise is before the longer, date wise.

I booked my last cruise through a TA because of all the advice on here. However I wasn't greatly impressed, probably because I'm a bit of a control freak and like to do things myself. I was going to try the discount site which has been mentioned quite often.

Another question, please. I have a welcome home gift. If I book two cruises will I be able to choose which to use it on, or should I book them separately? The shorter cruise is before the longer, date wise.

Are you restricted to one cruise? For the OBC?

Thanks, Dai, I definitely need to get my degree in P&O booking.;)

The print reads, only available on new bookings between July and October, which seems to suggest any amount of new bookings.

I love this site and all you kind and helpful people.

It may be a long way off, but I for one am looking forward to the new brochure.

Thank-you again Dai I would have missed that and not even mentioned it on my second booking.

Thanks, Dai, I definitely need to get my degree in P&O booking.;)

The print reads, only available on new bookings between July and October, which seems to suggest any amount of new bookings.

I love this site and all you kind and helpful people.

It may be a long way off, but I for one am looking forward to the new brochure.

Thank-you again Dai I would have missed that and not even mentioned it on my second booking.

Just my reading, as I have one as well and we will be booking 2/3 next month.

First off, I'll ring my TA and get some quotes. When we've chosen a cruise we like we'll go through which cabin we'd prefer and pick a few back-up cabins, in case she can't get that particular one. TA makes notes of the cruise, select price benefit etc etc and takes my card detail for the deposit.

As she already has my card details and knows what we'd like, she can book the cruise for us through her agency's TA booking system as soon as they go on sale and uses my card details that I gave her to pay for the deposit. When the booking is confirmed she'll send me an email with all the information etc etc.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy, and the holiday's booked :)

Pre registering seems like a good idea to me, it gives me a chance to umm and aah over a holiday for a week or so and make up my mind without the chance of the cost going up/down or cabins selling out!

P.S. anyone know if the 5% deposit and the 10% off for past cruisers will be back?

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by danielundecided

Coming in September it's far too early for me to think about 2019.

Sadly it's ideal for me :( It's hard to get more than a week off work without ring-fencing the dates ages in advance, and I've already committed my 2018 leave to a holiday with my parents so looks like 2019 will be my next cruise. Plenty of planning time, at least!

I would prefer not to have to book 2 years out, but have no choice. We need to book an accessible cabin and they are snapped up very quickly, especially now that scooter users have no choice but to book one, whether they really need one or not. They are also occasionally booked by people who are not full time wheelchair or scooter users, which is frustrating as by 2019 we will definitely be at the point where if we can't get an accessible cabin we simply won't be able to cruise :(

I really wish P&O didn't bring their itineraries out so early :mad:. These new cruises will be between 18 months and 2 years away for heaven's sake. I don't know even whether I want to cruise in 2019, let alone where or when. Trouble is that for solo pax, booking early is almost definitely the best deal. Those like Selbourne & Mrs S have my empathy too, having to book early to even get a cabin. I really wish P&O would go back to their old ways of bringing out the following year's itineraries in April.

I really wish P&O didn't bring their itineraries out so early :mad:. These new cruises will be between 18 months and 2 years away for heaven's sake. I don't know even whether I want to cruise in 2019, let alone where or when. Trouble is that for solo pax, booking early is almost definitely the best deal. Those like Selbourne & Mrs S have my empathy too, having to book early to even get a cabin. I really wish P&O would go back to their old ways of bringing out the following year's itineraries in April.

I agree, but I think P&O have been forced into this situation by other cruise companies who release their cruises way in advance. If P&O didn't follow suit they could lose a substantial amount of bookings.

I would prefer not to have to book 2 years out, but have no choice. We need to book an accessible cabin and they are snapped up very quickly, especially now that scooter users have no choice but to book one, whether they really need one or not. They are also occasionally booked by people who are not full time wheelchair or scooter users, which is frustrating as by 2019 we will definitely be at the point where if we can't get an accessible cabin we simply won't be able to cruise :(

I am with you on that one. Only recently booked for August next year we needed two adapted cabins which were the last two in the grade and deck we wanted, crazy.

Waiting for September now for 2019. I hope I will remember that I have booked so far ahead lol.

• 2 weeks later...

New Summer 2019 itineraries are out

• Oceana is in the Med offering 7 & 14 Night cruises from Malta

• Ventura gets to see Norway after just sailing continously around the Med and Canaries... Be a nice treat for the onboard Staff..

• Usual round up of Med, Canaries, Baltics, Norwegian Fjords, Bruges weekenders

Can anyone tell me why both Oriana and Adonia aren't appearing on the listing for 2019 if I tick for (1) round trip from Southampton (2) all the months from May thru to Oct, and (3) nothing shorter than 8 days!?!

They simply don't appear on the list!😕

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Can anyone tell me why both Oriana and Adonia aren't appearing on the listing for 2019 if I tick for (1) round trip from Southampton (2) all the months from May thru to Oct, and (3) nothing shorter than 8 days!?!

They simply don't appear on the list![emoji53]

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

Well Oriana is on the lists I am looking at on a TA web site right up to Oct 19.

Adonia is not yet on the lists as they are finalising the Itineraries as has been reported elsewhere.

Can't answer your question but can confirm from the new brochure that Oriana is sailing round-trip Southampton cruises between May & October 2019, varying in length between 3 and 19 nights. The only usual region she does not appear to be visiting is the Baltics.