Breakaway 10/1 NYC - thoughts?

andreat2639

We are also on this cruise. I had a brief thought of perhaps us being redirected to Bermuda but, honestly, I think we will be ok. Regardless of what may happen in the future, Breakaway is a beautiful ship that I have enjoyed in the past and, no matter where we end up, any cruise on her will beat a week in the office!

We are also on the 01-Oct BA. My prediction - as long as there are no more hurricanes prior - we will make Port Canaveral and Nassau - but not GSC.

Really - we will be on vacation - sailing somewhere - with a drink and a captain who will keep us safe.

My BIL just arrived here safely from Tampa - so I am happy that our family is out of harms way now and pray for the rest of FLA and all others impacted.

We are also on the 01-Oct BA. My prediction - as long as there are no more hurricanes prior - we will make Port Canaveral and Nassau - but not GSC.

Really - we will be on vacation - sailing somewhere - with a drink and a captain who will keep us safe.

My BIL just arrived here safely from Tampa - so I am happy that our family is out of harms way now and pray for the rest of FLA and all others impacted.

I'd like Nassau for two days!

I totally agree about anything is good, just prefer warm weather over Canada.

I'm not booking my GSC excursions just yet because I don't think we will make it either.

See you in 3 weeks!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We sail on 10/8 and I'm praying no other hurricane comes around during that week. Atlantis has said they did not sustain any hurricane damage & they re-opened at 12pm today (Sunday). I can't get any info on GSC, but am hopeful that it's okay as well. I don't think Hurricane Jose will affect that area, but I do worry about another hurricane. Fingers crossed.

Latest from NHC/NOAA - inhale & hold your breath - we are still in hurricane season, forecasted to be busy with above average # of storms ...

An area of disturbed weather associated with a tropical wave locateda few hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is showingsigns of organization. Environmental conditions are expected to beconducive for some development, and a tropical depression could formduring the next few days while the system moves generallynorthwestward over the eastern Atlantic Ocean.

* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.

* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.

We are also on this cruise and are cautiously awaiting the trip, hoping we are able to still go to all the stops! I too am looking forward to warm weather,and would not like being redirected to the north. Bermuda would be fine with us though!Hoping for the best!

:)

We are also on this cruise and are cautiously awaiting the trip, hoping we are able to still go to all the stops! I too am looking forward to warm weather,and would not like being redirected to the north. Bermuda would be fine with us though!Hoping for the best!

:)

GSC and Nassau escaped harm and we will be stopping at those ports according to NCL update

Sailing 10/1 to FL/GSC/Nassau--

Thoughts on itinerary changes/cancellations? Any speculation?

I know it's 3 weeks out but it's not looking promising and Jose is right behind.

the Bahamas; the ship’s ports-of-call, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay, were unaffected by Hurricane Irma.

Well, I would certainly keep eyes on NHC forecast for next 2 weeks (substitute and/or supplement with your own weather forecast sources) - we are still within the peak window for hurricane ... AND

A tropical wave located about 850 miles west-southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands is producing disorganized cloudiness and showers. Environmental conditions are expected ... next week while it moves westward at about 15 mph across the tropical Atlantic.*

Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.*

Formation chance through 5 days...high...80 percent.

A second tropical wave is about 500 miles behind & further east, chance ... 80% and 90%.

Sorry for bringing up the bad news in the forecast, it will be a while before making its way across the Atlanta into the Caribbean Sea ... next week or after ... or, it could turn harmlessly north & dissipate.

Meanwhile, Jose is coming out of its double loop, forecasted to weaken several times but not giving up, and said to possibly strengthen & threaten the East Coast, tracking west ... pending the latest forecast update. Not funny at all since we are following in several weeks on the same BA's itinerary.

We're on this cruise as well.

We are crossing our fingers and equally concerned about the people who are in the path. Stay safe.

We will be on this sailing as well, in HVen Owners Suite. I think we will be OK. Would love to meet some new dfriends while sailing. We are avid NCL fans