Changes to Friday Equinox Cruise

dkjretired

Received following letter from our TA relative to our cruise on Friday Sept 15, itinerary change and debarkation change of time.

Dear Valued Guest,

We are writing to provide you with an important update regarding your September 15th sailing ofthe Celebrity Equinox departing Port Miami, FL. Your cruise will now be departing Port Miamiat 14:30 one hour earlier than originally scheduled.

With the volume of cruise traffic into Port Miami, there have been a number of adjustments toturnaround timing in order to accommodate all of our guests, without the need to switchembarkation ports.

We’re also modifying your existing itinerary and replacing our scheduled stop in Key West, FL,on September 24th with a stop in beautiful Falmouth, JA, on September 23rd.

If you booked a Shore Excursion in Key West, please visit the Shore Excursion desk onboard sothey may assist you with rebooking or a full refund.

We apologize for these changes and want you to know our vacation experts are doing everythingpossible to deliver you an unforgettable vacation experience.

The Caribbean is a special place to us, and we’ll be working closely with these wonderful islandsto provide everything possible to assist in their full recovery.

If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the CruCon CruiseOutlets Customer Service Department at 800.493.6609.

Sincerely,Celebrity Cruises

I'm happy to be getting some information out of Celebrity! We are doing the Oct 16 and 27 B2B and were questioning Key West (2nd leg) - although I have an optimistic view that the Key will snap back fairly quickly. The first leg (east) has several upcoming changes as we are scheduled with at least 3 destroyed islands. God bless everyone affected! I would be happy to float around and stop at random beaches!

Thanks Don for the update. We are on the October 27 sailing that includes Key West. I heard from Conde Nast that the Florida Keys are closed to tourists indefinitely, so we may also miss Key West. However, a lot can change in 6 weeks.

Have a great cruise. One of these days we may even wind up on the same sailing. I would enjoy finally meeting you!

Thanks Don for the update. We are on the October 27 sailing that includes Key West. I heard from Conde Nast that the Florida Keys are closed to tourists indefinitely, so we may also miss Key West. However, a lot can change in 6 weeks.

Have a great cruise. One of these days we may even wind up on the same sailing. I would enjoy finally meeting you!

Same here Rich, we did this cruise because our 35th anniversary is on Sunday the 17th while we're in Grand Cayman. Surprised the wife last week on her birthday, she thought we were in a veranda but I bumped it up to a nice Sky Suite. Haven't had a suite on Celebrity since 94, should be interested. Everything seems to be a go and we have a great group on our roll call.

Seriously looking at the Summit next year around the 4th of July to New England and Canada. We were going to do it this year but a wedding popped up in the family. I think its 9 or 10 days out of Summit and does an overnight in Boston on the 4th of July.

Take care and I hope you have a great cruise.

Please have realistic expectations about your cruise visiting Key West. Odds are incredibly high that it will be months before the infrastructure can support tourism. We live in SW Florida and Irma has devastated more places than you can imagine. Many many are still without power 3.5 million as of this morning up and down the state. Entire sections of the Keys are inaccessible.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the information.

We are on the 6 OCT 2017 sailing (same itinerary as original poster). I realize there is we still have approximately 3 weeks until our sailing, but I am curious if Key West will be ready or if Celebrity will need to adjust our itinerary also.

The one item that caught my attention was the departure time change - from 3:30 to 2:30. I don't understand what is driving that and if the change is isolated to the 15 SEP 2017 sailing?

Sending well wishes to those impacted by the hurricane(s).

I fully understand the need to change (and feel for the residents of the Keys) but too bad they had to pick Jamaica - ugh. A place many people consider another sea day as they hate the island so much (I know, some feel the opposite). I also feel bad for people who are flying in the day of and may now have a hard time getting to the ship on time for sailing. I learned years ago never to fly in the day of but everyone does not always have that option. Hope they all make it.

I fully understand the need to change (and feel for the residents of the Keys) but too bad they had to pick Jamaica - ugh. A place many people consider another sea day as they hate the island so much (I know, some feel the opposite). I also feel bad for people who are flying in the day of and may now have a hard time getting to the ship on time for sailing. I learned years ago never to fly in the day of but everyone does not always have that option. Hope they all make it.

With you there regarding the substitution of Jamaica.

I am curious: Would Cozumel or Nassau work instead?

I mean could Equinox reach Cozumel in one sea day and then reach Miami in another?

I think Equinox could reach Nassau in 2 sea day's and then overnight to Miami would work.

Wondering if there are other options available rather than Jamaica. Of course, availability of Cozumel or Nassau is contingent upon port availability.

OR - overnight in Grand Cayman - that would be fun.

Just a thought.

Thanks everyone for your updates, we sail on 11/6 on Equinox and have the Keys as our last stop, with 2 sea days prior. We'll be grateful for any stop, we just don't want a third sea day. Too bad we can't get into the Keys, we would have loved to help the locals with mucking out their homes, and helping out where needed. It would have been nice to serve the locals by helping any way possible. Keeping them all in our prayers, I cannot even imagine.

Thanks everyone for your updates, we sail on 11/6 on Equinox and have the Keys as our last stop, with 2 sea days prior. We'll be grateful for any stop, we just don't want a third sea day. Too bad we can't get into the Keys.

We missed Key West due to hurricane Wilma in October 2005, as the town was flooded to a depth of 6 ft, a tidal surge, as a result of the hurricane, which had actually missed Key West.

We had already had 6 sea days crossing the Atlantic on the Galaxy, so we had 2 more before we arrived in Galveston.

We were told when we did a land visit in 2014, that the worst aspect was the lack of electricity. I hear from our news that again this is a problem.

Maybe there's hope?

From USA Today:

Tuesday, the sun was shining and the ocean waters were lapping casually at the sandy beaches around Key West, even if those beaches were dotted with beach boats and coral dredged up during the storm. Much of the damage to the island’s important tourist infrastructure appears to be cosmetic, or at least easily repaired, and most of the hotels on Key West appeared to have escaped virtually unscathed.

Key West City Manager:

Well, in Key West proper, you know, we were on the west side of the storm, which is the weaker side of the storm. So we were very fortunate, as far as significant damage goes. We have some properties that have some minor damage. There's a couple of businesses or - that lost portions of roofs.

Thanks for the information.

We are on the 6 OCT 2017 sailing (same itinerary as original poster). I realize there is we still have approximately 3 weeks until our sailing, but I am curious if Key West will be ready or if Celebrity will need to adjust our itinerary also.

The one item that caught my attention was the departure time change - from 3:30 to 2:30. I don't understand what is driving that and if the change is isolated to the 15 SEP 2017 sailing?

Sending well wishes to those impacted by the hurricane(s).

They started that due to volume of sea traffic in Port they need to rearrange. Many ships canceled or came back on different days and many cargo ships are now trying to recover and get back in schedule.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Thanks for update, we are on Oct 16th. Wondering what are changes will be since we were going to St Maarten, Tortola and St Thomas. I feel so bad for all those people who lost so much ❤

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Guess you will be getting 3 substitued ports..sorry about that. Let us know what they are if you can.

Many people dislike Jamaica in gen...we are not big fans in recent years.

The port area at Falmouth is fenced, gated and clean. There were nice shops and places to eat and drink. (Heard the Jamaican Spice kitchen has closed..too bad. )

We have also taken nice beach excursion there but also enjoyed just staying in the compound. For us it would be better than a sea day!

For me Key west is a nothing port. Falmouth no great shakes either. But at least the stands in the flea market just outside the compound are authentic. And the people are nice to talk to. Altho we have the drink package, the beer is cheap, and buying it can help the local economy. And boy does it need it.

Not thrilled about Jamaica either but we have to understand they may not have a lot of choices. It's not like they say we'll go there and just go.

EXACTLY! There are more than a couple island ports that will be turning away cruise ships (except for unloading supplies). The cruiselines have to coordinate with each other as they reconfigure their itineraries to fit with the new ports of call schedules. Sure, it would be nice to choose the ports we want. But this isn't a small thing.

Just be glad you are floating around in the style that most Caribbean port residents can only dream of...and that was PRE Irma. Don't complain.;p

Also on this sailing and just happy to have been able to drive thru the state from Tampa area to Ft. Lauderdale today. For the first time in days we finally have a/c and can watch tv, internet. etc. Was hard to find hotels even open and some people in this area evacuated to our area only to move again when the storm came our way. Can't believe we're even going on this cruise after this past weeks events. I don't care where they take us, just gonna feel incredibly lucky to sail.

I'm on the 25th Sept sailing of Equinox and just to give an idea, we have received the following changes:

Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas

Tortola B.V.I.

St Maarten

are replaced with

San Juan, Puerto Rico

St Croix, US Virgin Islands

Fort De France, Martinique

Someone on our sailing called and was told boarding would begin at 10:30. I feel sorry for the staff to have to do the turnaround so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But that won't mean the cabins will be available. It's usually 1.15p.m that the announcement is made.