NCL advisement on itinerary changes - will Carnival do same in very near future?

pe4all

I read the announcement in the link. It seems to say what all the cruise lines have been saying--stand by while we figure out what to do about eastern itineraries. I'm afraid to comment because some argue it's cold to be worrying about the business end of things literally in the midst of horrible hurricanes, but at the same time, others are understandably asking what the cruise lines intend to do about their itineraries.

I agree with Naxer, need to know soon for Thanksgiving cruise on the Fascination as I have prepaid for private excursions in St Thomas and ST MARTEEN. Would have to try and get my money back in time to pay for other port excursions. Yes, I could have gone thru Carnival, but the excursions I picked were not offered. If they were, I would have still gone private to save major bucks as I have 11 people going.

We cruise in January on Glory, with ports St. Thomas and San Juan, Grand Turk and HMC. While I definitely understand it is way too early to see how recovery efforts will go on those islands, I worry that the glut of ships (definitely 4 on NCL also go to those islands) looking for new ports will leave slim pickings for Carnival. I definitely do not want to do a Bahamas itinerary!

We cruise in January on Glory, with ports St. Thomas and San Juan, Grand Turk and HMC. While I definitely understand it is way too early to see how recovery efforts will go on those islands, I worry that the glut of ships (definitely 4 on NCL also go to those islands) looking for new ports will leave slim pickings for Carnival. I definitely do not want to do a Bahamas itinerary!

I'm fortunate because we booked Glory on a Western itinerary. It will be a balancing act between recovery on the islands versus returning needed revenues to the islands.

The best thing is to check Carnival's website directly. All during Irma the most up to date info was listed, and I noticed yesterday a new red bar popped up regarding itinerary changes but only said to stay tuned.

Just go to carnival.com and click on red bar/tab at top to stay abreast of what is going on. What is posted right now says they will be posting by noon today.

ITINERARY UPDATES 9/20/2017 – 11:00 AM (EDT)

Carnival Fascination – September 24

We continue to monitor Hurricane Maria and will confirm our itinerary once the post storm assessment has been completed. To stay up to date, please text CCL1 to CRUISE (278473)..

As a result of damage caused by Hurricane Irma, we have modified the following itineraries in order to provide our guests with the best possible shore experience.

Carnival Ecstasy – September 20

Departing Charleston on a 5 day cruise to Nassau and Freeport.

Carnival Sensation – September 21

Departing Miami on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel.

Carnival Splendor – September 23

Departing Port Everglades on a 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Grand Cayman.

Carnival Vista – September 23

Departing Miami on an 8 day cruise to La Romana, D.R., Aruba and Curacao.

Carnival Conquest – September 24

Departing Port Everglades on a 6 day cruise to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Carnival Magic – September 24

Departing Port Canaveral on a 6 day cruise to Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya.

Carnival Pride – September 24

Departing Baltimore on a 7 day cruise to Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Freeport.

Carnival Paradise – September 25

Departing Tampa on a 5 day cruise for an overnight stay in Havana.

Carnival Victory – September 25

Departing Miami on a 4 day cruise to Cozumel.

Carnival Glory – September 30

Departing Miami on a 7 day cruise to Half Moon Cay, Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Carnival Sensation – September 30

Departing Miami on a 5 day cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Freeport.

Carnival Splendor – September 30

Departing Port Everglades on an 8 day cruise to Princess Cays, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Carnival Pride – October 1

Departing Baltimore on a 7 day cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Freeport.

Pre-purchased Carnival Adventures for cancelled ports, as well as any taxes, fees and port expenses will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign account. An email with detailed itinerary information will be sent to all guests scheduled to sail on these cruises. We sincerely apologize for the disruption the recent storms have caused and look forward to welcoming our guests on board.

At this time, all other future cruises will depart as scheduled.

We are booked on the Fascination for October 1 out of San Juan to Southern Caribbean. Any word on this cruise yet? Is it cancelled?

They would not cancel the cruise. They will change the itinerary.

Ours was change just this morning for our September 30th eastern Caribbean cruise to Western.

Leaving on Magic October 7. Was supposed to go to San Juan, Amber Cove, Grand Turk and St Thomas. We have no idea now. Im guessing the regular 7 day Western route of Cozumel, Costa Maya, Mahogany Bay and Belize. Grand Cayman could possibly subbed for Costa Maya based on what Im seeing for other ships that were doing the same Eastern itinerary we were supposed to do.

Mystery cruise at this point.

As far as people getting irate over people discussing their cruises while a hurricane is going on, thinking that its "cold" to do so, first and foremost this IS a cruise forum.

Leaving on Magic October 7. Was supposed to go to San Juan, Amber Cove, Grand Turk and St Thomas. We have no idea now. Im guessing the regular 7 day Western route of Cozumel, Costa Maya, Mahogany Bay and Belize. Grand Cayman could possibly subbed for Costa Maya based on what Im seeing for other ships that were doing the same Eastern itinerary we were supposed to do.

Mystery cruise at this point.

As far as people getting irate over people discussing their cruises while a hurricane is going on, thinking that its "cold" to do so, first and foremost this IS a cruise forum.

I am on the same cruise and wondering where we will be going as well, more out of curiosity than anything. I don't care where we go! I've been to all of those except Costa Maya. I was supposed to go there 10 years ago actually, but it was hit hard by a hurricane a few weeks before our cruise so we went to Progresso instead.

I agree, discussing a cruise isn't cold. You can still care about the people being affected and discuss your vacation. It's not an either/or situation.

Ours was change just this morning for our September 30th eastern Caribbean cruise to Western.

I'm on this Oct 1 cruise, as well. It could be cancelled if the port in San Juan was badly damaged today. I keep checking the news, but don't see anything definitive yet. Same with the airport, I would guess.

After just going through Irma and being without power for almost a full week myself, I feel terrible that Puerto Rico is going through all this. I have been obsessing over this cruise to get my mind off of the damage we have had here, so I selfishly want the damage to San Juan to be minimal.

With the whole island of Puerto Rico not having power, water or sewer, they more than likely will change the departure port for Fascination. At this point, they have no idea of when power will be restored to the island. That means the airport will probably be down for a while too making it impossible to even get to San Juan.

The best way to find out is to follow their instructions:

Carnival Fascination – September 24

We continue to monitor Hurricane Maria and will confirm our itinerary once the post storm assessment has been completed. To stay up to date, please text CCL1 to CRUISE (278473)..