Dining and Specialty Restaurants

larstick

What is consider County Club Casual on Oceania ? I know collar shirt and nice pants, but is golf shirts OK.? Do I need to wear a sport coat in restaurants ?

How do I get a second reserveration once I am on the ship. Can make it for a future date or do I have to make it that morning if available ?

It would help to know your cabin category to answer the question about booking extra reservations.

IF you are in a suite, your butler will be of great help! Otherwise, you can do it on your own. It really depends on the demand for extra reservations which depends on your fellow passengers.

You might luck out and be on a cruise where many returning passengers aren't all that interested in the specialty restaurants (like us), in which case you have better odds of snagging that reservation.

OTOH, sometimes everybody on board seems to want extras ... which obviously makes it more difficult.

This is NOT a reason to book a top suite just so you can have the butler use his influence!

I would also suggest that you bear in mind that many of the returning passengers (not all, probably not even a majority, but a good number of us) aren't all that impressed with specialty restaurants. We like the GDR and Terrace just fine. Maybe trying the restaurants before you attempt to get extra reservations could be the way to go ...

Then again, if you are disappointed you could always cancel ...

Going in circles, sorry about that ...

Mura

Not to mention that if you are in a PH or above, you can dine in your suite from any specialty restaurant (if you choose to or if you can't get extra reservations).

For many that is as good a reason to book PH as any other.

A golf shirt has a collar, check.

Khakis are long trousers, check.

You can always dress a little or a lot fancier -- as long as you meet the minimum, no one cares. Having said that, there are a few vocal people who don't like cargo pants or shorts. I like them for excursions (extra pockets, along with my travel vest), but avoid them in the evening. I personally wear anything from khakis and golf shirts to dress trousers and shirts. I have been known to wear a sport coat, not for any special reason but just because I felt like it. I also mostly wear sandals -- dressy closed-toe fisherman sandals in the evening, open toe Mephistos or Clarks during the day.

A golf shirt has a collar, check.

Khakis are long trousers, check.

You can always dress a little or a lot fancier -- as long as you meet the minimum, no one cares. Having said that, there are a few vocal people who don't like cargo pants or shorts. I like them for excursions (extra pockets, along with my travel vest), but avoid them in the evening. I personally wear anything from khakis and golf shirts to dress trousers and shirts. I have been known to wear a sport coat, not for any special reason but just because I felt like it. I also mostly wear sandals -- dressy closed-toe fisherman sandals in the evening, open toe Mephistos or Clarks during the day.

Without sounding kinky, does anyone have a photo of dressy closed-toe fisherman sandals.

From an Aussie perspective sandals are open toed and therefore confusing.:confused:

Not a big deal, just curious.

Without sounding kinky, does anyone have a photo of dressy closed-toe fisherman sandals.

From an Aussie perspective sandals are open toed and therefore confusing.:confused:

Not a big deal, just curious.

I remember Don posting a picture of one before - I suspect he will again.

Country Club casual is an easier concept for men. DW would like to hear a few examples of ladies clothing choices for the evening meals. And yes, we know it's discussed ad nauseum in these forums.

Can't wait to see those sandals!

linen, slinky, cotton slacks or a nice skirt with nice top ..fancy or plain

cocktail dress ... heels if she likes or dressy sandals

no flip flops, casual jeans or shorts to dinner except in the Terrace

anything else should be fine

Country Club casual is an easier concept for men. DW would like to hear a few examples of ladies clothing choices for the evening meals. And yes, we know it's discussed ad nauseum in these forums.

Can't wait to see those sandals!

DH also has leather, closed toe sandals... to the casual observer, they would be considered dress shoes, but have cutouts here and there allowing for no socks.

For your DW - I take black slacks and white slacks and semi-dressy, flowy type tops that are interchangable. A sun dress or two with a shawl for the bare shoulders and that's it. On cooler weather cruises, I'll have a dressy sweater to throw on but still the same basic idea.

Here ya' go...

P1050191%20(Small).JPG

If you want to look really formal, wear a pair of black or brown socks under them -- they won't look like sandals. Although I abhor the thought of socks with any sandals, I can make an exception for a really formal occasion (which will never happen on Oceania).

Why sandals? We travel with carry-ons for most cruises, and that means no clunky men's dress, hiking or athletic shoes. I buy really good sandals with arch support. I don't mind if my feet get a little wet or chilly. Of course, I don't use the fitness room or try to hike the local equivalent of the Appalachian Trail.

For years, Betsy tried to get me to wear something other than leather boat shoes (which also pack almost as small as sandals) but I'm resistant to change. Finally, in 2012, we discovered Simon's Shoes in Henderson, KY (has to be seen to be believed) and I tried my first pair. I've worn almost no other footwear since then.

Just Google mens fisherman sandals.