Timing our arrival at NY port

trish1c

Been there -- done that. I don't need to be the 1st person on board; I'd be OK being one of the last.

We sail at 4 p.m. from Manhatten on a Saturday. I'm thinking of arriving around 2:30 p.m. Will that have allowed sufficient time for the masses to have boarded so I don't have to stand on that 2+ hour line? Travel time is not a huge consideration.

Been there -- done that. I don't need to be the 1st person on board; I'd be OK being one of the last.

We sail at 4 p.m. from Manhatten on a Saturday. I'm thinking of arriving around 2:30 p.m. Will that have allowed sufficient time for the masses to have boarded so I don't have to stand on that 2+ hour line? Travel time is not a huge consideration.

you are supposed to be on by three I would aim a little earlier to make sure you don't hit a traffic wall.

• 2 weeks later...

Most people board the first hour, and usually boarding begins before the official time anyway. So, I would get there earlier than you say. Why?

Since you live in NJ you are probably familiar with the unpredictable traffic in the city so I would aim for earlier just in case.

Also, if the ship leaves at 4:00 PM you will have a life boat drill before that and there are other things to do such as unpack and get settled in.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. I forgot that we're supposed to be on board by 3.

If one of my darling, wonderful, amazing friends who I now found out are traveling in suites & thus get priority boarding don't want to sheppard us along -- do all of you see / hear / read the shameless begging . . . . ?

my idea was to go in early to visit friends who live in the east 60s & then take a cab over. Maybe if I leave her apartment by 2 it will be OK. Even with luggage I should be able to schelp 20 blocks if I really had to. . . :p

Archived