Waitlist only...

abteer

Hello;

I am booked on Sept 23rd Caribbean Princess western caribbean, due to my daughter's school schedule, I need to switch my booking to the Oct 7th sailing. They have double rooms available but no triples, it states waitlist only. How often should I check to see if a room becomes available. I have my travel agent who has listed me, but I am like all of you and sometimes am 3 steps ahead of him. Soooo tell me guys how often should I check to see if one is available?? And what are the chances I won't be able to get on this sailing with triple availability at all????

Teresa who TIA

Hello;

I am booked on Sept 23rd Cb western caribbean, due to my daughter's school schedule, I need to switch my booking to the Oct 7th sailing. They have double rooms available but no triples, it states waitlist only. How often should I check to see if a room becomes available. I have my travel agent who has listed me, but I am like all of you and sometimes am 3 steps ahead of him. Soooo tell me guys how often should I check to see if one is available?? And what are the chances I won't be able to get on this sailing with triple availability at all????

Teresa who TIA

Even if you have a booking they may never show up as available even if they are. It is still far enough out that it should not be a problem getting a triple or a quad. :)

I was waitlisted for a minisuite on our upcoming Sea Princess cruise this July (we were booked in an outside, non balcony cabin). I checked 4-5 times a day for minisuite availability. I saw minisuites available two times over the course of 6 months that we were on the waitlist and neither time were we offered the chance to switch, despite being #1 on the waitlist. Due to it being late at night the first time I saw a minisuite available we missed out and were not able to book it, but lucked in the next time I saw one available and were able to switch. I had already checked two or three times the day I found one available. Ironically, both times I found a minisuite available was on the last day of the month.

Always make sure that when you ask to be put on a wait list, that you ask to be waitlisted in all categories for the type of cabin you want. If you only waitlist for an AB mini suite if an AA or AC comes available you will not get confirmed. You will only get confirmed if an AB comes available.

Theoretically clearance to a wait list should happen automatically, as it is all done by computer. However sometimes you will find that if you happen to check at the right time you may get a cabin that has cancelled before it gets to the waitlist.

Archived