Carnival Pride on Titanic's 100th Anniversary !

KenFougère

Wow.

On Sunday, April 15, 2012, we're leaving on
Titanic's 100th Anniversary.

My wife is feeling a little, '
apprehensive
'
. . . :rolleyes:

Just let her know she is not crossing the Atlantic and lucky she is not on the Balmoral cruise that is underway now heading to the site of the sinking.

• 3 months later...

April 19' date=' 2012 Photo of Myself, my son & nephew on Carnival Pride.[/size']

153139935_display.jpg

The
day before
I injured my spinal cord while breaking my neck in 3 places in a diving accident...
:(

Yikes!!!! What in the world? What happened? Are you ok? I hope your well- so sorry about your injury!

On April 20, I was severely injured from a diving accident while on a cruise vacation with family & friends to the Bahamas. I sustained multiple neck fractures and a compressed spinal cord injury. I was medi-vaced to the Del Ray Trauma Center in Florida where I had surgery for 7 hours to repair the injuries to the neck. After 2 weeks of treatment & care there, I was flown to Boston's Spaulding Rehab Hospital in Boston for treatment. I finally made it home a week ago. I'm expected to recover in about a year with out patient therapy.

I have no paralysis. Thank God
!

On April 20' date=' I was severely injured from a diving accident while on a cruise vacation with family & friends to the Bahamas. I sustained multiple neck fractures and a compressed spinal cord injury. I was medi-vaced to the Del Ray Trauma Center in Florida where I had surgery for 7 hours to repair the injuries to the neck. After 2 weeks of treatment & care there, I was flown to Boston's Spaulding Rehab Hospital in Boston for treatment. I finally made it home a week ago. I'm expected to recover in about a year with out patient therapy.[/color']

!

I'm so glad you're recovering well and there is no paralysis. What a horrible thing to happen to you on your vacation :(

I'm so glad you're recovering well and there is no paralysis. What a horrible thing to happen to you on your vacation :(

Very Best Wishes for your recovery.

Thank you both for your best wishes for my recovery. :)

On April 20, I was severely injured from a diving accident while on a cruise vacation with family & friends to the Bahamas. I sustained multiple neck fractures and a compressed spinal cord injury. I was medi-vaced to the Del Ray Trauma Center in Florida where I had surgery for 7 hours to repair the injuries to the neck. After 2 weeks of treatment & care there, I was flown to Boston's Spaulding Rehab Hospital in Boston for treatment. I finally made it home a week ago. I'm expected to recover in about a year with out patient therapy.

!

Thank God you are recovering and thank God for no paralysis. I hope you continue to see progress. God bless!

Wow -- had a response all written up about the topic then hit your update!!!!

So glad that you are in recovery - a real eye opener that ANYTHING can happen -- so glad this didn't end in tragedy!

Get well sir!

You and me both! ;)

OMGoodness! Thank God you will be ok. Good luck through your recovery.

Thank goodness the accident was not worse!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thank you both for your kind thoughts for my successful recovery. :)

Wow! So glad you were able to be medevac'ed by competent rescue people and treated by competent doctors and nurses, and wlll eventually recover completely. Did you accident occur in the ship's pool, or on the island?

How wonderful that you are doing so well! How is your wife holding up?

Wow! So glad you were able to be medevac'ed by competent rescue people and treated by competent doctors and nurses, and wlll eventually recover completely. Did you accident occur in the ship's pool, or on the island?

How wonderful that you are doing so well! How is your wife holding up?

It happened on the last stop in the Bahamas on beautiful beach with a small pier that had a sign, "
No Diving
" :o :rolleyes:. . . My wife is holding up remarkably well. Thanks

Ken... Thank God you survived. Take it one day at a time. You guys are looking good on that picture. Concentrate on getting well, and take care of yourself.

I have nothing but positive thoughts and I'm working hard toward as a complete recovery as possible. Thank you.
:)

Archived