Krystal in PV- Walking from the Port???

QTPieRye

I've searched the boards, including the Ports of Call threads, and can't seem to find a quick answer... so I am posting my question here in hopes that somebody will answer: What is the best/easiest way to walk from the port to Krystal Resort in PV? Thanks :)

I have stayed at the Krystal twice and we went on a few trips from the port there.

It is really simple to get to the Krystal from there.Just walk out of the gates to the port and go left. You will be on a small street with shops. Walk out to the main street you will come to and turn right - it is not far from there. I am horrible with distances, but it's maybe 1/4 mile to a 1/2 mile up the road on your right.

The previous post is correct. Go left from the ship out to the main drag, then go right. It is several blocks down on the right. It is an easy walk. My wife has been there several times and just loves it. You can book a spa appt on line. After your appt. you are free to use the facilities, which are very nice. Also when you are in PV go across the street to Walmart. Sounds silly, I know. But you can buy snacks and souvineers there. Also the booze is reasonably priced. The food section is a great "cultural" experience. I am a gourmet cook and always purchase food stuffs to cook with. Up front the have a paletaria where you can buy the Mexican version of a frozen fruit bar. They are wonderful. My favorite is cantaloupe. Then you can take a taxi back to the ship for about 2 bucks. Bon Voyage.

There is actually a you tube video a guy made - real time - going from the port to the resort. When you walk out the port gate, go to the right and head to the beach. There is a beach access gate you can go thru, then walk down the beach a few resorts.

I have stayed at the Krystal twice and we went on a few trips from the port there.

It is really simple to get to the Krystal from there.Just walk out of the gates to the port and go left. You will be on a small street with shops. Walk out to the main street you will come to and turn right - it is not far from there. I am horrible with distances, but it's maybe 1/4 mile to a 1/2 mile up the road on your right.

When you get out of the main port you make a right so that the ocean is on your right side as you walk up the street. I would say around 15 minute walk from that point.

Keith

I've searched the boards, including the Ports of Call threads, and can't seem to find a quick answer... so I am posting my question here in hopes that somebody will answer: What is the best/easiest way to walk from the port to Krystal Resort in PV? Thanks :)

This link will take you to Wikimapia and shows the port area. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=20.6494991&lon=-105.2421236&z=16&l=0&m=b&search=puerto%20vallarta%2C%20jalisco%2C%20mexico

Two ways to get there. Once you have left the secured dock area, you can turn right (toward the bay) and walk the beach to Krystal and the pool area . . . or . . . Once you have left thr secured dock area, turn left and walk past the trinket shops to the main highway and then walk south to the front entrance.

There used to be access to the Krystal property via a side street & side gate but that has been reported to be closed since new owners took over.

Enjoy!

Thank everyone so much! This was exactly the information I was looking for. I am thinking that we've driven right by it on our way to the zipline excursion... I am going to check my raw video footage and see if it's there :)

Do most of you walk the street way or the beach way?

thank everyone so much! This was exactly the information i was looking for. I am thinking that we've driven right by it on our way to the zipline excursion... I am going to check my raw video footage and see if it's there :)

do most of you walk the street way or the beach way?

beach on a cool day!

Street on a hot day!

If walking is not your bag, you could catch the white and blue bus for a little over a half dollar each way.

This one? http://www.pvpulse.com/en/info/downtown-bus-route

Am I looking at the map correctly to think that the pier is the #2 stop, and Krystal would be the #4?

On the way back: #42 and #43?

We've got twin 3YOs, so a 1/2 mile walk after a day playing probably wouldn't go well. Or I'd be carrying 60+ pounds a half a mile... :eek:

Do they stop at every stop, or is it necessary to signal the driver? It is pesos only, or will they accept greenbacks?

Thanks for the tip!

This one? http://www.pvpulse.com/en/info/downtown-bus-route

Am I looking at the map correctly to think that the pier is the #2 stop, and Krystal would be the #4?

On the way back: #42 and #43?

We've got twin 3YOs, so a 1/2 mile walk after a day playing probably wouldn't go well. Or I'd be carrying 60+ pounds a half a mile... :eek:

Do they stop at every stop, or is it necessary to signal the driver? It is pesos only, or will they accept greenbacks?

Thanks for the tip!

The map you referenced does show the bus stops that the typical rider would use between the port and all points to its southern terminus. The bus stop "numbers" on the map are for your visual reference only. The actual bus stops do not have numbers on them and you will not find a printed map anywhere that duplicates the information on that web site.

City buses in your home town likely have a major route indicator above or across the top of the windshield. Vallarta buses do too but they indicate the northern route terminus. The "centro" & "tunel" markers are often small signs located at the top or bottom of the windshield. Additionally, you will see significant destinations painted on the windshield such as "hotel zone", "sheraton" "walmart", "sams" and other hotels/shopping centers. I am saying this here for those that may be looking for bus information in the future.

mikesteg - Yes, they do take USD's. No, they do not stop at every stop. There is a buzzer button located near the rear exit. Either get up and approach the from door or push the buzzer shortly after passing the Soriana grocery store. It is protocol for families with small children to be seated at the front of the bus.

Get on at the bus stop referenced as number 2 (outside the port property entrance) and get off at the stop for the night club Christine (stop #4), Christine is a club located on Krystal's front lawn.

Getting back should depend on where you are on the Krystal property. It is a really big property and the distance to stop #42 is roughly 1,600 feet from the pool (and an additional 1,200 feet from the port bus stop to the round port building) while the distance to the round port building is roughly 2,600 feet from the pool via the beach.

Enjoy!

I just measured the distance on google Earth, and the most the bus would save is .3 mile. It's up to you once you see the streets, but I wouldn't take the bus on the way back because I wouldn't want to cross the busy street (not once, but twice) with 3 year olds. A leisurely stroll on the beach would probably be easiest with kids...as MSN-T points out, it's almost as far to walk between the port and the street plus the street to the pool as it is to take the beach...just allow plenty of time. If you have a lot to carry at the end of the day and don't want to take the beach route, you might even consider a taxi. DH and I take the bus a lot, but sometimes the taxi is priceless!

The map you referenced does show the bus stops that the typical rider would use between the port and all points to its southern terminus. The bus stop "numbers" on the map are for your visual reference only. The actual bus stops do not have numbers on them and you will not find a printed map anywhere that duplicates the information on that web site.

City buses in your home town likely have a major route indicator above or across the top of the windshield. Vallarta buses do too but they indicate the northern route terminus. The "centro" & "tunel" markers are often small signs located at the top or bottom of the windshield. Additionally, you will see significant destinations painted on the windshield such as "hotel zone", "sheraton" "walmart", "sams" and other hotels/shopping centers. I am saying this here for those that may be looking for bus information in the future.

mikesteg - Yes, they do take USD's. No, they do not stop at every stop. There is a buzzer button located near the rear exit. Either get up and approach the from door or push the buzzer shortly after passing the Soriana grocery store. It is protocol for families with small children to be seated at the front of the bus.

Get on at the bus stop referenced as number 2 (outside the port property entrance) and get off at the stop for the night club Christine (stop #4), Christine is a club located on Krystal's front lawn.

Getting back should depend on where you are on the Krystal property. It is a really big property and the distance to stop #42 is roughly 1,600 feet from the pool (and an additional 1,200 feet from the port bus stop to the round port building) while the distance to the round port building is roughly 2,600 feet from the pool via the beach.

Enjoy!

Thank you. That is excellent information.

The community rules! :D

I just measured the distance on google Earth, and the most the bus would save is .3 mile. It's up to you once you see the streets, but I wouldn't take the bus on the way back because I wouldn't want to cross the busy street (not once, but twice) with 3 year olds. A leisurely stroll on the beach would probably be easiest with kids...as MSN-T points out, it's almost as far to walk between the port and the street plus the street to the pool as it is to take the beach...just allow plenty of time. If you have a lot to carry at the end of the day and don't want to take the beach route, you might even consider a taxi. DH and I take the bus a lot, but sometimes the taxi is priceless!

Yeah, I see that now also. I had seen "1/2 mile" a couple of places and translated that to mean 1/2 mile via the road (or beach). I see now that a good portion of the walk is from the ship to the road or inside the resort itself. I agree, we may as well walk.

Thanks again,

Mike

Thank you everyone for all of the helpful information! Last year we walked to the Mundo Nogalito office which is the same direction. It sounds like Krystal is just a little further down :)

Actually, the Nundo Nogalito office is about 1.5 miles from the round bldg in the port. Krystal is just under a half mile.

Actually, the Nundo Nogalito office is about 1.5 miles from the round bldg in the port. Krystal is just under a half mile.

LOL~ So I probably walked right by it and didn't even notice it! We were in a hurry to get to the zipline office on-time because DH had not set his watch forward 1 hour like he was told :D

Does Krystal charge a day use fee? If so, how much? I was there years ago and we enjoyed the pools and beach and bars.

I've tried to email them and didn't get a response. The PV email from the website bounced. The corporate email did not bounce, but I haven't heard anything (since Thursday... 3 business days now.)

From the boards, it seems like they charge $20 and that comes with $20 worth of food or drinks. Or they charge nothing sometimes. I guess it is not AI for day passes?

I've tried to email them and didn't get a response. The PV email from the website bounced. The corporate email did not bounce, but I haven't heard anything (since Thursday... 3 business days now.)

From the boards, it seems like they charge $20 and that comes with $20 worth of food or drinks. Or they charge nothing sometimes. I guess it is not AI for day passes?

Quite a few rumors to include the Krystal is under new ownership. Rumors include: The side (northern) access gate, normally open to cruise passengers, is now closed. The new spa facility that was run by Millenium may be closed (Millenium is rumored to be back on the beach in tents). And you are correct, Krystal has never been reported to be AI. And when an entry fee was collected in the past, that fee was applied to your food/beverage bill.

The Millenium Massage operation survived & flurished when the cruise ships came in great numbers. As that traffic disappeared, large segments of the tourist trade have dried up and gone away too.

Archived