LAX to San Pedro - Pit stop for Wine??

We are sailing out of L.A. For a 15 day to Hawaii.

Since I learned that we can take our own wine on board (courtesy of cruise critic) as long as we pay the corking fee. I thought it would be nice to take a few bottles on board. It would be nice to have a glass in the evening or in our room and not have to pay upwards of $7-8 a glass. It can get really expensive in 15 days.

I was wondering if anyone knew where we might be able to stop and get some wine between the airport and the cruise port?

This will be our first visit to L.A.

Thanks all!!

Your best bet would be San Pedro, Lax to San Pedro is pretty much all freeway and getting off and on can be a pain. So wait until you get to San Pedro right at the port area then get your wine near there. I live here in the area but don't know the San Pedro area that well , we are more toward the Long Beach airport. So , google stores in San Pedro and you should be able to find one near there.

Cori

• 4 weeks later...

Do you have a Costco membership? There is a Costco at the Rosecrans exit right off the 405 freeway. Take the east exit and you will head straight into their parking lot. Really easy. I used to live in the area but so many things have closed and been built.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There is a trader joes about 1 mile from Costco. If you are on the 405 south. Get off at Rosecrans (west exit). Go past Aviation and turn left into the parking lot. There is an Old Navy and REI in the same parking lot.

Store called "Off the Vine" in downtown San Pedro or there is a Trader Joes on Western Avenue just up the hill from the port. Depending on the day of the week, there is an Italian market called A-1 right by the port with a wine maker next door that has fickle hours, but great wine. I don't know the exact addresses, but an internet search will get you there. Do not stop at liquor stores near first and Gaffey for safety reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
There is a trader joes about 1 mile from Costco. If you are on the 405 south. Get off at Rosecrans (west exit). Go past Aviation and turn left into the parking lot. There is an Old Navy and REI in the same parking lot.

There is also a bev mo there too.... I personally would stop on Rosecrans. The part of San Pedro where the ships leave isn't as accessible.

Archived