Hotel in Venice

candacew

I need 2 rooms (a double and a triple) for 1 night pre-cruise in Venice. I've checked what seems like a million hotels, including the ones here, and am finding that the reasonably priced and located rooms are either booked or have a minimum stay. I have a couple of hotels near the airport as backup, but with only 1 day in Venice would love to stay closer to the sights.

Any suggestions on finding something that is not too terribly difficult to get to, close to the main sights, and won't cost more than $250 a night?

Any help is appreciated!

I need 2 rooms (a double and a triple) for 1 night pre-cruise in Venice. I've checked what seems like a million hotels, including the ones here, and am finding that the reasonably priced and located rooms are either booked or have a minimum stay. I have a couple of hotels near the airport as backup, but with only 1 day in Venice would love to stay closer to the sights.

Any suggestions on finding something that is not too terribly difficult to get to, close to the main sights, and won't cost more than $250 a night?

Any help is appreciated!

Depends on the time of year you are going and the type of room you are needing. I paid approx $243 per night in Oct for a twin bed room at Ca' Doge at Piazzale Roma. Piazzale Roma is the transportation hub of Venice. Buses, taxis, vaporetto, information kiosk are all located here. It was an easy 15 minute vaporetto ride to San Marco Piazza.

There are hotels in Mestre' that are more reasonable, but not quite the convenience. Hotel Bologna and Golden Tulip Tritone (think were their names). Price was approx $143 per night for a twin bed room.

Good luck with your search, Venice isn't a cheap city to stay in.

Have you tried searching through CC's sister website -- TripAdvisor.com? You just type in the city name (Venice, Italy) in the upper left hand side Search bar. You can also visit the Venice Forum on TA as well. Many hotel recommendations are posted there. DH and I are booked at the Hotel Al Ponte Mocenigo in Venice. They are highly rated (#5 out of 442 hotels in Venice). Our room in September will be approximately $278 per night and includes a small terrace and side view of one of the canals. There are rooms under that price point as well.

Good luck on your search!

tt

:)

Any help is appreciated!

I selected the Venice Airport Marriott Courtyard Hotel. They provide transportation from the airport. From there, go across the street and take bus #5 to Piazzala Roma in the center of Venice; it costs about 2 euro per person. It is easy and hassle free. This way, you won't have to be pulling and lifting luggage in Venice going over bridges and getting lost along hte way. It was convenient for us because we had late-arriving flights plus we had a stroller with a 3 year old son. It was also convenient for our early-morning departing flights. The rates were reasonable at 110 euros (roughly $150-160 USDollars) for Venice, which usually has expensive rates for hotels. I hope this can help. Oh! we got the cheaper rate at the Marriott website directly rather than online booking sites like Expedia or Hotels.com

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I emailed the Pensione Guerrato again and was able to book there! There's not a lot of information about this hotel on CC, but it is a Rick Steve's recommendation and gets good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Any help is appreciated!

Try Hotel Antiche Figure. It is a wonderful quaint hotel. Close to the train station and 10 - 15 mins away via vaporetto from San Marco. I recommend walking everywhere if you can...Venice is beautiful. We stayed there in Oct. 2009. Check Trip Advisor for rave reviews.....

I selected the Venice Airport Marriott Courtyard Hotel. They provide transportation from the airport. From there, go across the street and take bus #5 to Piazzala Roma in the center of Venice; it costs about 2 euro per person. It is easy and hassle free. This way, you won't have to be pulling and lifting luggage in Venice going over bridges and getting lost along hte way. It was convenient for us because we had late-arriving flights plus we had a stroller with a 3 year old son. It was also convenient for our early-morning departing flights. The rates were reasonable at 110 euros (roughly $150-160 USDollars) for Venice, which usually has expensive rates for hotels. I hope this can help. Oh! we got the cheaper rate at the Marriott website directly rather than online booking sites like Expedia or Hotels.com

We will be sailing in Oct 2010. Our flights back to US from Venice leave at 8:05am (we'll leave the following morning). What hotel do you recommend for our early morning flight? Also, transportation from the port to the hotel, and hotel to the port, and approx cost. We've never been to Venice before. We're doing 3 B2B's so we don't need a hotel in Venice pre-cruise.

Any help is appreciated!

we stayed at the carleton on grand canal we managed to pick up a deal on the net. fantastic location across the canal from the railway station and also one of the water bus stations walking distance to shops and restaurants deal included breakfast yoy can get the water bus or a water taxi to the cruise terminal from outside the hotel. i am not sure but i think you can get the train also.

I second this one, good location, cute interiors and reasonable price given its in centeral San Marco.

We stayed at Hotel Gorizia:

http://www.hotelgoriziavenezia.it/

It is very close to S. Marco and the Rialto. We stayed for 3 nights pre cruise. We arrived in Venice by train (from Paris). We took the alilaguna to the cruise terminal.

Archived