Luggage storage - Piazzale Roma in Venice?

Kate-AHF

I read on another board that there is luggage storage available in the Piazzale Roma for 5 euros per piece per day.

THis sounds quite attractive, to be able to fly in to the airport, take the shuttle to Piazzale Roma, check 2/3 of the luggage, and then pick it up in a couple of days on the way to the dock to meet the Spirit.

Has anyone tried this?

Hi,

I got off the Spirit in Venice on June 3. While I did not use the service as I just took a cab to my hotel (which was in Marghera) some of the other people on the cruise used the service. It is right in the parking garage at Piazza Roma. When you are at the Piazza and have your back to the park with the canal on your right it is in about 15 feet in from the left corner of the building. You can actually walk there from where the Spirit docks (as I walked around the whole area for 3 hours starting at Piazza Roma (where my hotel shuttle bus left me off) and ended up back at the Spirit! I don't recommend walking though...LOL..too many bridges, cobblestones, steps, etc. I saw that they are open long hours but I'm sorry I did not pay attention to the prices.

I have never seen soooo many people schleping bags, looking at maps and looking lost in my life....I loved Venice and I loved just wandering and getting lost in the beautiful lanes and alleyways.

You will love the Spirit. Be sure to go shopping with the chef!

Bon voyage

Archived