Thumbs up for Serenity Tours

flahagan

I submitted a request earlier this afternoon online, asking if they could accomodate us for their sea tour and if they could let us off at Soufriere ( on HAL, dock at Castries, leave from Soufriere). Unbelievably, I got a call several hours later saying they could not deviate from their route and would not be able to accomodate us on this tour.

Now, they didn't have to call me for this, as our cruise isn't until April. They could have easily just sent me an e-mail in a few days saying "sorry, but we can't do this".

In my opinion, this is a class-act operation, calling long-distance to say they can't take your money! Hooray for them, and if any of you CAN take this tour, I encourage you to use this company. We need to write about the good people more often.

I agree that Serenity is a class act. My mom and I used them recently and were impressed with the quaility of the guide/driver.

I noticed that you say you are on HAL and dock at Castries, leave from Soufriere. Please double-check on that. I was on HAL last April with a stop in St. Lucia. We docked in Castries at 8 AM and had to be back onboard at 3 PM in Castries. The ship then sailed around St. Lucia to Soufriere to pick up some passengers, but you had to be on a HAL excursion to board in Soufriere. They would not let anyone who was not on a HAL excursion board the ship from Soufriere. If you want to reboard in Soufriere instead of Castries, you MUST book your St. Lucia excursion with HAL.

Kyriecat, thanks for taking the time to point out the HAL policy on St. Lucia. I also learned about it from several other posters, so thank you all!

Still trying to decide what to do on each island, haven't made any arrangements yet but guess I'd better be deciding soon.

Archived