12 seat rental cars, how spacious?

HaraldOslo

We are going a large group of adults and we have to get between MIA, possibly orlando and one of the ports. I assume all adults have one large suitcase plus one carry on. How many adults will realistically (and comfortably!) fit in a 12 or 15 seater?

Does one need a special license to drive a 15 seater?

Prefer to rent from Alamo, and we're looking at 5 days or so

Ah. A subject to which I can speak with authority in that I drive vehicles like this for a living.

If you are renting something like a 14-passenger Sprinter or Transit that has the extended wheelbase (ask them) you can get everyone on board as well as the luggage if it is as you describe. If it does not have the extended wheelbase you will not have enough room for the luggage.

A Florida Class English driver or your state's equivalent standard private license can drive up to 15 passengers including the driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are renting something like a 14-passenger Sprinter or Transit that has the extended wheelbase (ask them) you can get everyone on board as well as the luggage if it is as you describe. If it does not have the extended wheelbase you will not have enough room for the luggage.

Looking at the Alamo website their 15 seater has room for 0 luggage, so I guess that's not the

extended wheelbase then. We'll look into charting a bus or use minivans instead.

Or, I'll check the other agencies first, to see what they have

Thanks!

Good luck limiting all the adults to one suitcase.

Maybe Norwegians have better traveling sense than most cruise passengers.

On our first cruise we had 1 large suitcase and 1 carryon each. More than enough. On our latest cruise we came with the same but left with 2 more large suitcases, so it's a hit and miss I guess, depending on how much you shop :-)

In general I would say we are more casual in our cruisewear, so we don't bring that much unneccessary (for us!) crap. My observations are that some americans take their cruising more seriously, bringing more outfits, buying more stuff. Flying internationally you want to minimize the number of suitcases you have to lug around. Also, the airlines make you pay $100 extra per suitcase per way, so we have that as an incentive to pack lighter.

On our first cruise we had 1 large suitcase and 1 carryon each. More than enough.

I agree

I usually have 1x 26" each for 14 day or longer cruise & 1 tote bag ..2 coming home

Shorter cruises we take 1 20" case each + 1 tote

Makes you wonder what some people pack in all that luggage they have ;)

Hey. You have to put all those irons, tea kettles, and surge protectors someplace. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a cooler for beer :-D

And rum runners, 12 pair of shoes, etc..

Just charter a bus! Leave the driving to others and require a bar setup for the trip. In Thailand, we have Beer Chang Girls who are free if you buy Beer Chang! Check with Miller and see if they can supply MGD Girls for the trip!

Just charter a bus! Leave the driving to others and require a bar setup for the trip. In Thailand, we have Beer Chang Girls who are free if you buy Beer Chang! Check with Miller and see if they can supply MGD Girls for the trip!

I value your input, and renting a bus (with or without a bar) sounds like fun, but why would we want girls? We're not a bunch of college guys going on a trip alone :-D

The times I have rented a 12 passenger van, it was the 15 seater without the last seat. We were able to put luggage in the spot where the seat would have been, plus slide a few smaller bags under seats. I'd say 10 people max but 8 preferably. Depends on the size of the people. We were 7 guys and me (female plus size) w/ luggage and tool bags, would not have wanted more than that in there, although we were driving from NC to Mississippi and back. :)

I value your input, and renting a bus (with or without a bar) sounds like fun, but why would we want girls? We're not a bunch of college guys going on a trip alone :-D

Harald your never too old for a party and I guess we do go overboard sometimes in Thailand, but you only live once, so have Fun! Have a great cruise!

Edited by IsanTom
Spelling

Harald your never too old for a party and I guess we do go overboard sometimes in Thailand, but you only live once, so have Fun! Have a great cruise!

True :-)

I am looking into bus rentals, with a bar. Hey, it's vacation, right? :-)

Got a quote for a 40 seat coach bus, pickup from MIA, drop off at 3 hotels in Miami, $400. Miami Tour Company. That's not bad! Will look into supershuttle, sas and all the others too. And compare it to renting 4 minivans. Thanks everybody

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Got a quote for a 40 seat coach bus, pickup from MIA, drop off at 3 hotels in Miami, $400. Miami Tour Company. That's not bad! Will look into supershuttle, sas and all the others too. And compare it to renting 4 minivans. Thanks everybody

Sounds pretty reasonable, especially because you won't have to worry about everything, it should all be taken care of.