Noordam Dining Room Table Chart

sail7seas

We normally have a preferred table on Vista ships but I am looking at my dining room chart and see a table for two on the upper level, at the rail that is enclosed by table 66, 62 and 67. I cannot read the table number on that two top. Does anyone know what it is?

It looks like it might be designated "B" and not a number but my chart is not that clear.

Thanks.

We normally have a preferred table on Vista ships but I am looking at my dining room chart and see a table for two on the upper level, at the rail that is enclosed by table 66, 62 and 67. I cannot read the table number on that two top. Does anyone know what it is?

It looks like it might be designated "B" and not a number but my chart is not that clear.

Thanks.

Looking at Rich's charts of the Vista Upper Level and hitting Control with the plus sign, I was able to see the table number is listed as 302. http://www.wa70.com/hal/dining/ulV.jpg

I thought the table was maybe misnumbered until I saw that the 8 top between 62 and 63 is numbered 301.

Joanie

Thanks, Joanie, but my chart does not say anything that looks like 302 but I agree Rich's chart looks like that is what it says.

Anyone have a chart other than the one Rich posted?

Is it possibly a "B"?

Thanks, Joanie, but my chart does not say anything that looks like 302 and it really doesn't make sense. The tables surrounding the one in question are numbered 66, 67 and 62.

Thank you for trying but I'm sure what it says is not three digits and there definitely is not a 3 in it.

Well Sail, all I can say is that 302 is surronded by the table numbers you listed and the chart is very clearly number from Rich....

ulV.jpg

I believe Rich does his best to keep the dining room charts updated, and this is one of the charts I've used for our cruises, and it has been right every time.

We always request Table 77 on the Vistas and Signature classes.

Joanie

Isn't it funny they would insert '302' into the numbering making it so different than the tables around it? :)

I'll verify it with our PCC.

We have always asked for specific tables but I'm looking to change this time.

Thanks, Joanie.

Isn't it funny they would insert '302' into the numbering making it so different than the tables around it? :)

I'll verify it with our PCC.

We have always asked for specific tables but I'm looking to change this time.

Thanks, Joanie.

If you will notice, 303 is in a similar position on the other end of the dining room. It is as though 2 tables were added after the numbers were initially assigned.

Rich

I did see that, Rich, and I know the table. We've noticed it on a number of cruises and thus the reason for my question.

Also, I wonder why my chart indicates something different and appears to look like a "B". Weird.

There is an "A" on my chart and that table is located between Numbers 62 and 63..... it is a six top. My chart does not have a date so I don't know how old it is.

That is a REALLY recent chart as I had that sent to me by the Westerdam's ship service's coordinator just a few weeks ago.

Which do you mean?

The chart Rich posted and Joanie linked to?

We like to meet and sit with others at a large table on our cruises, so we have requested an 8-person table at Main seating. Given our request, what would be a good/bad location for a table?

Rich's chart, however, is for the Westerdam. In looking a it, it does not entirely resemble the Noordam seating that I remember from last November. For instance, we were seated at a table for four on the port side. The chart shows only tables for eight at the locations where we were seated. Do the charts vary from one Vista ship to another?

Hi Rich, By chance do you have the same charts for the Nieuw Amsterdam, upper and lower seating charts, thanks in advance, John

John here you go:

Lower Dining Room on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam

http://www.wa70.com/hal/dining/llSig.jpg

llSig.jpg

Upper Level Dining Room on Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam:

http://www.wa70.com/hal/dining/ulSig.jpg

ulSig.jpg

Joanie

Rich's chart, however, is for the Westerdam. In looking a it, it does not entirely resemble the Noordam seating that I remember from last November. For instance, we were seated at a table for four on the port side. The chart shows only tables for eight at the locations where we were seated. Do the charts vary from one Vista ship to another?

I see lots of tables for four on the port side..The top of the chart is AFT..The port side is on your right (looking AFT) ..The tables for eight are on the starboard side, your left (looking AFT)

When we were on the Noordam in Nov. of 2010 with another couple, we had Table No. 65 for the first half of our cruise (starboard) & were joined by an Officer with his sisters..On the second half of our B2B another couple, also our Friends, joined us...We were then moved to a table of 6 No. 63 next to our original table..

Cheers...:)Betty

Yes. The charts vary and at times are VERY different. (ie, there is a piano in the center on the westerdam and tables in the same location on other vista class ships.

PeaceLoveCruise

It was good to see that chart posted as the surrounding tables to the one about I am interested are numbered the same as my chart. I can identify the one by detailing the abutting tables.

Thanks.

Yes. The charts vary and at times are VERY different. (ie, there is a piano in the center on the westerdam and tables in the same location on other vista class ships.

PeaceLoveCruise

It was good to see that chart posted as the surrounding tables to the one about I am interested are numbered the same as my chart. I can identify the one by detailing the abutting tables.

Thanks.

I would be happy to post individual seating charts for each ship if someone who is sailing on each one would ask the Dining Room Manager for a current copy and either mail it to me or scan it and email the scan to me.

Rich

I'm not sure about the rest of the tables on the Noordam, but we always request certain tables months before the cruise and have always have them assigned to us. We like table #88 (2 seat) when we are traveling alone and table #24 (4 seat) when traveling with friends. We've had these tables on the Eurodam, Zuiderdam, Noordam, Westerdam and the Oosterdam, all in the same location.

There may very well be variances from ship to ship.

Is the Upper floor of the Oosterdam dining room split into two levels?

There appears to be a ?wall divider running along the length of the dining room?

If it's like the other Vista and Signature ships I've been on, then yes, there is a slight rise along at least part of the perimeter. Some ships have about 3-4 stairs, while others have a ramp.

Archived