Seadream II December 3-10.

Jim Avery

Received the documents today. Not quite the document dance of old what with the new e tickets but still means we are short timers to SD II December 3-10. Seems ages since we were aboard last January. As usual will recycle one of the old leather/canvas binders for our new documents. Looking forward to meeting any and all on this Caribbean jaunt. Reported that 18 cabins booked for Zoom Vacations. No kiddies last I checked.

Received the documents today. Not quite the document dance of old what with the new e tickets but still means we are short timers to SD II December 3-10. Seems ages since we were aboard last January. As usual will recycle one of the old leather/canvas binders for our new documents. Looking forward to meeting any and all on this Caribbean jaunt. Reported that 18 cabins booked for Zoom Vacations. No kiddies last I checked.

Thanks, Jim. Got my e-docs today too. Thanks for the info too... No wonder I couldn't get my favorite Deck 3 early on....See ya at the TOYB!!

Robin

Jim & Lois - we wish you a wonderful relaxing cruise. Wish we were sailing with you. Looking forward to your trip reports as we all enjoy living vicariously. Safe journey.

Thanks so much Guys. We wish y'all were coming too. Oddly enough, we have a cold spell here in PHX. High 30s last night in our area. Darn cold for us so looking forward to going to a warm place.:D

Just a quick check in as I only have my phone to type. Wonderful group. Ohmiss is a doll. Took a cab to Shoal Bay East. Our driver got into an altercation with another driver and pulled a gun! Yee Haw, good thing I am from Arizona! More (much) later. 😜🔫😱🍺

Just a quick check in as I only have my phone to type. Wonderful group. Ohmiss is a doll. Took a cab to Shoal Bay East. Our driver got into an altercation with another driver and pulled a gun! Yee Haw, good thing I am from Arizona! More (much) later.

Cheers, have fun at White Bay - Painkillers for everyone at Soggy.

Tiki

Just a quick check in as I only have my phone to type. Wonderful group. Ohmiss is a doll. Took a cab to Shoal Bay East. Our driver got into an altercation with another driver and pulled a gun! Yee Haw, good thing I am from Arizona! More (much) later. 😜🔫😱🍺

Crikey !

Be safe !

Hope you didn't eat the lobster there.

Home safely. Tired and OMG! How do two people produce all those dirty clothes on a beachy week? Great week on SeaDream. The passenger mix was very very good. 98 passengers and 94 crew. Once again, one of the best. How do they keep doing it? More later when I get a cocktail or two. Darn, I have to go make them for myself. What's wrong with that picture??

Home safely. Tired and OMG! How do two people produce all those dirty clothes on a beachy week? Great week on SeaDream. The passenger mix was very very good. 98 passengers and 94 crew. Once again, one of the best. How do they keep doing it? More later when I get a cocktail or two. Darn, I have to go make them for myself. What's wrong with that picture??

Delighted you had a great time and didn't get into any more scrapes !!

Can't wait to hear ALLLLLLLLLL !!!!

The world awaits.

Delighted you had a great time and didn't get into any more scrapes !!

Can't wait to hear ALLLLLLLLLL !!!!

The world awaits.

I concur with Jim. The best week! The pax were great, the crew even better! I will defer to Jim, because he is much better than me in reviewing! I loved meeting Lois and Jim...good, lovely people!! Great trip! Looking forward, as always, to being aboard again.

A great, great SeaDream trip. I will try to recount some of the highlights and will inevitably do it in several parts. Having just arrived home yesterday I am still trying to figure out what happened to my room service. In the beginning.....There was Ho-Hum......Ok kidding. We booked this trip last January in a boozy haze while onboard SD II with Ho-Hum, et al. With the 15% off, it being a Club Cruise, and a generous TA, they almost paid us to sail. Well it was a pretty good price anyway. As most Westies know, you can't get to SJU from way out west the same day of sailing so going at least a day early is a necessity. Last January we went to SJU a day early arriving there early evening. The new taxes, fees, etc. made the room in San Juan very pricey for an ordinary room. This time we tried a different way. We did the overnight before the cruise in Tampa. Easy direct flight at human hours PHX/TPA and overnight at the Tampa Airport Marriott. About a third of what we paid for a not special room in San Juan. The Marriott was very clean, perfectly located in the terminal, and had a very friendly, competent staff. The next morning we walked to the gate for a morning TPA/SJU arriving dockside at 1pm. A quick snack and drinks at the restaurant next door and it was boarding time. I forgot, the porters at the dock checked our bags in when we arrived which allowed us to wander about unencumbered. 2pm and Showtime! We had already met a good crew of Seadreamers in the restaurant including a number of Roll Tiders all concerned about the SEC Championship game soon to start. More later. Checkin is about as easy as ordering a Big Mac and we were instantly on the gangway. Captain Steiner was just back from holiday disappointing Lois who was hoping to sail with Capt Remi. Though not as personable or visible as some, Capt. Steiner is a very competent seafarer. Soon through documentation and into our cabin, the same cabin we had last January. All is well. Back soon.:D

I will not be doing a day by day travelogue as most of you have "been there, done that" for these islands. Any questions cheerfully answered. I want to emphasize that what makes SeaDream so special compared to any other cruise line is, as has been mentioned by others, the Crew. SeaDream crew is absolutely a cut above. I will differ from most in not mentioning names. Two reasons. First, I inevitably leave someone out inadvertently and second, some of them I do not remember the name. I am not nearly as good as them at remembering names. I will state strongly that every one of the crew-every single one- that we had contact with was extremely friendly, professional, and very good at their jobs. We started sailing SD in 2004 and most of our favorites from then have retired or gone on to shore jobs and are missed but we now have new favorites. Some of the newest crew we met this time have bright futures with SeaDream. Other lines, including lines like Seabourn, etc., have great crew along with a few duds. No duds on SeaDream. It amazes me that SeaDream can continually find this quality talent. The type of person and the training they receive speaks highly of someone in the management loop on board and ashore. Without the crew, SeaDream is a pretty little aging ship with not a lot of features compared to current offerings. Again, the best crew out there!